Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Lack of Commodore is dead articles.

Doesn't it just give ya the *****?

I've been hankering for some real Holden trashing be the media. But it's not happening. I'm not surprised... but I did hold out a hope.

Only GoAuto report the facts though. It makes me angry that sensationalist media controls and manipulates what is reported on in this country.

that's my rant over with.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Lack of Commodore is dead articles.

i heard somewhere there replacing it with a large global car??? with all this talk of doom and gloom i honestly wouldnt be suprised if holden did kill the commodore off. yep the media controls alot of ****!!! so unless you or i know an insider we will never know. thou i actually look foward too the future. I just wish i'd read a headline that said "RECORD SALES FOR FORD FG FALCON SEDAN AND UTE"
Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I can't understand why anyone would want the commodore to die. It supports thousands of workers who have families; they don't deserve to end up with nothing.
I understand rivalry; after all we are the Blue Corner. But I would hate to see commodore or Holden for that matter dead. Just as much as I would hate to see ford or falcon die. The media has been less than kind to ford but willfully wanting articles depicting Holden bashing is pretty....stupid, IMO.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz93ED
Doesn't it just give ya the *****?

I've been hankering for some real Holden trashing be the media. But it's not happening. I'm not surprised... but I did hold out a hope.

Only GoAuto report the facts though. It makes me angry that sensationalist media controls and manipulates what is reported on in this country.

that's my rant over with.
level of immature posts around here at times astounds me.. holden is a major employer in my hometown as ford is elsewhere.. red or blue aussies in jobs.....
Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
level of immature posts around here at times astounds me.. holden is a major employer in my hometown as ford is elsewhere.. red or blue aussies in jobs.....
That's a condescending high-horse post if I've ever seen one.

Holden HAVE announced that the current Commodore architecture is being discontinued, and replaced, and yet this isn't reported.

Ford don't saying anything, and the first title you always see is 'Falcon being Axed' despite no confirmation from anywhere.

It's lop-sided agenda-serving reporting. It's self-fulfilling prophecising - if the journalists say that the Falcon is axed enough times, eventually everyone will believe it and it will happen, despite the fact that absolutely nothing is confirmed and EVERYTHING YOU READ about Falcon is just speculation.

Lukeyson
Old 04-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Commodore is one of the best selling cars and there was a recently announced 1.3billion investment in manufacturing. If either of those things wasn't the case you would be reading Commodore is dead articles.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

closed, there is nothing that will expand anyone's knowledge as this is thread about .

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread