Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default best fit windscreens -name and shame

Best fit windscreens in hawthorne Melbourne are absolutely the worst windscreen installer ever.
They replaced my windscreen for a roadworthy and in the process scratched the car and used the wrong seals.
i since had them back under warranty to fix the job.
They guy they sent was an absolute drongo and scratched my car even more.
The new screen has recently started to leak and they refuse to honor the warranty.
So if you are planning on using them don't!
They are completely unprofessional and shonky.

I don't have time to contact consumer affairs or anything like that to take further action so i would like to warn people about them.

And to the moderators i understand if you do like this post i want be offended if you lock it down.

ef you Ryan at best fit windscreens in hawthorne.

end rant

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: best fit windscreens -name and shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwag

I don't have time to contact consumer affairs or anything like that to take further action so i would like to warn people about them.

end rant
Seems strange , yet you have time to write a rant on a forum .......

I read at least 10 name and shames a day on various forums and i think that naming and shaming should be against any forums policy at it opens a big can of worms for litigation,for the forum and the poster
Most of the name and shames after getting to the bottom of the issue is usually the customer at fault, not saying yours is that case
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Sorry to hear you got done. Dont you just hate it when so called "professionals" work on your car, stuff the job & damage your car well, i also know how it feels. What's unfortunate is there are some jobs we need done that have to be fixed by them. I just hope they didnt charge top dollar for the so called "work" done by them. I feel your pain.

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC

I read at least 10 name and shames a day on various forums and i think that naming and shaming should be against any forums policy at it opens a big can of worms for litigation,for the forum and the poster
Most of the name and shames after getting to the bottom of the issue is usually the customer at fault, not saying yours is that case
To be fair madwag is trying to warn others about his experience (word of mouth) but i understand where your coming from with out a doubt.

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

It amazes me how companies think they can get away with shoddy workmanship in this day and age with the internet.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have not heard of 1 windscreen company that has not damaged a car. Used to work in insurance and have heard even the big name companies scratch cars by accident.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
JimStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
I have not heard of 1 windscreen company that has not damaged a car. Used to work in insurance and have heard even the big name companies scratch cars by accident.
Too true, but the real measure of a companies professionalisim is how they handle problems when it all goes wrong....
JimStone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC

Dealing with fair trading can be a pain. It seems they almost make it hard for you to get justice. I sent them an email about a month ago about dodgy laptop battery sellers and they used a copy and paste reply, referencing the short bit of my email regarding OS factories saying that they cannot control OS sellers - but not bothering to acknowledge the rest of the email about local sellers... Just plain stupid. I probably should follow it up but why bother???

As for fourms allowing venting... Don't agree with you there. It certainly SHOULD happen. If the person has issues with defimation they can use legal avenues to trace and prosecute the poster. I remember Whirlpool having a similar court case and I think they won. Do we only allow good testimonials then??

What would happen to all the ratings sites... their sole purpose is for customer feedback, both good and bad.

Anyway... Shame it has come to this. In the end, if the person doing the job took care then they would have done the job correctly the first time. If they accidently did damage, then they get it repaired.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

yates windscreens at tuggerah nsw didn't damage my car..

and a few weeks/months after the windscreen was fitted it started leaking.. i took it back to them and we checked with a hose and couldn't find a leak. the following week it leaked again so i went back and the removed/replaced it on the spot. the only reason they didn't remove/replace the first time was that i told them not to worry about it if we couldn't find the leak - didn't want them wasting their time if it wasn't their fault.

was very happy with the service and the price was way cheaper than o'briens who suggested i should have full comprehensive insurance on a 15yr+ hyundai excel so the insurance company would cover replacement
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky
yates windscreens at tuggerah nsw didn't damage my car..

and a few weeks/months after the windscreen was fitted it started leaking.. i took it back to them and we checked with a hose and couldn't find a leak. the following week it leaked again so i went back and the removed/replaced it on the spot. the only reason they didn't remove/replace the first time was that i told them not to worry about it if we couldn't find the leak - didn't want them wasting their time if it wasn't their fault.

was very happy with the service and the price was way cheaper than o'briens who suggested i should have full comprehensive insurance on a 15yr+ hyundai excel so the insurance company would cover replacement
Plenty of companies out there that will handle faults great, but then again a lot that do not. My own experience dealing with Obrien. They replaced my screen, the inside of my car was fogging up over next few days. They came out and spent 1 hour at my house looking for the problem. Found a pin hole size hole in the glue. Had to remove and replace. great service. But I have also seen and heard some horror stories from many companies.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Out of interest what did you pay?

I got one (BF) the other day for $220, was $275 at first till I told them NO.
He did a good job, but I was out there woking on other things on the car.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
Kil4Collingwood

mr windscreens in melbourne cut through my wiper motor wiring, then stuffed me around, use instant winscreens now
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #13
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Plenty of companies out there that will handle faults great, but then again a lot that do not. My own experience dealing with Obrien. They replaced my screen, the inside of my car was fogging up over next few days. They came out and spent 1 hour at my house looking for the problem. Found a pin hole size hole in the glue. Had to remove and replace. great service. But I have also seen and heard some horror stories from many companies.
I agree O'Briens are top opf my list. I have had them do at least four windscreens and two toughened plate glass windows at work. They have always been spot on. When I had the winscreen in the Force 8 replaced the guy warned me that i may get a few very fine scratches, then proceeded to put this cling wrap looking stuff all over the place. Not a scratch
I dont know if its the training or what and even though they are not cheap, I wouldn't use anyone else.