Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Default Idea

With all the police threads coming up in PUB recently maybe the forum needs a dedicated area where people can bag them etc..................

Just realised this should have been posted in the BAR..................

Last edited by Redrum; 27-05-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 27-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Bag them is probably not the best term to use. How about "comment on their performance"?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 27-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Hmmmm, not so sure a dedicaed police bagging forum is a good idea.

We should be supportive of our police, yes they make mistakes, sometimes over the top, and yes they do appear and do annoying things, but you have to remember they are doing a job and are human too.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 27-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Who are ya gunna call first when you find your car has been stolen?

Give em a break, they've got a job to do and they'll NEVER bother you unless you're doing something wrong

Cheers,
Old 27-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDriver

Give em a break, they've got a job to do and they'll NEVER bother you unless you're doing something wrong

Cheers,
Try telling that to all the people that have their trailered show cars defected when they go to shows.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 27-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:

Cheers,
Most of the time! :P
Old 27-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #7
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

heh funny thing is the thread starter is a cop from memory
Old 27-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #8
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Try telling that to all the people that have their trailered show cars defected when they go to shows.
If it's a "Show Car" that gets trailered everywhere, why would it need Registration anyway?
Old 27-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

My Father was a cop, an old school buddy is one, as is a good friend of my brother's. And yes, Redrum is too. I have had my share of grief from eager stripe chasers. But they are just doin' a job, one I wouldn't care for. I wouldn't want to see what life was like without them.
Old 27-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #10
devil cv8

Quote:
If it's a "Show Car" that gets trailered everywhere, why would it need Registration anyway?
lets see.... How about the showcar gets detailed and trailered rather than driven and requiring another clean.... will that do it for you.

There are cops out there who will hassle people even if they haven't done anything wrong.

Old 27-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #11
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
lets see.... How about the showcar gets detailed and trailered rather than driven and requiring another clean.... will that do it for you
No it won't as that wasn't my question. Let me re-phrase it for you. If the "Show Car" never gets driven on the road, only "Trailered" to Car Shows, etc., how can the Cops defect it when it's not a road-going, registered car anyway? You can do anything you want to any car so long as it's not driven on public roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
There are cops out there who will hassle people even if they haven't done anything wrong.
I do 60 - 80,000kms a year and I've never had a Cop hassle me just for kicks. I'm not saying I've never been pulled over - far from it, but each time was for legitimate reasons.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 27-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #12
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
haha was gonna make a mention of that.... beat me to it
Old 27-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #13
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well lets see pick on coppers...so lets not be prejudice why don't we pick on Ambo's Firies..ses, volunteer coast guard etc etc..Grow up you lot!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 27-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #14
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Well lets see pick on coppers...so lets not be prejudice why don't we pick on Ambo's Firies..ses, volunteer coast guard etc etc..Grow up you lot!!
Did you have a bad day John?

Mike
Old 27-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #15
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did you have a bad day John?

Mike

No Mike I'm just so p3ssed off with the cop bashing...yes there are the gung ho ones and there are the experienced ones..but if you treat the gung ho ones as you would like to be treated between that and the experienced cops the gung ho learn.

Put it this way many many years ago in Sydney I was driving a fully worked for its day HD holden(yes before I saw the light) and I got pulled over by a cop Torana...gung ho type driving and giving me the hard time...treated him with respect and for every answer I gave he'd go to his partner..who never left the passenger seat and was a senior sargent....I did'nt get booked.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 27-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #16
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
Yes I thought the same thing.

Now I hope this thread wasn't started because of it being taken personal. My employer is bagged on the forums too and I didn't start a 'Lets have a dedicated thread to bag insurence companies'

Unfortunately, most car enthusiests fear the police more than respect due to being bullied by a few members. I honnestly think we should all respect them, it's hard to respect someone who bullies you!

I admit, I used to respect the police. They have one of the hardest jobs. But I was once shown disrespect by an officer, now I return it. It is not personal.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 27-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #17
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
thats not a bad idea how about a section dedicated to the emergency services of australia : not for bagging purposes but for commending them during bush fires, big accidents, etc. also for posting relevant threads such as info and pics of such disasters. also for people to express their unhappiness if need be but under moderation :
Old 27-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #18
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

My view is that we don't need any such thing - indeed this thread is not exactly likely to end up in a positive note so it can go quiet now too.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread