Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Exclamation Work Fleet is going Holden!!!!!

Our fleet at work is being replaced and largely by freakin omega holdens!!!!

We turned over 2 BF Falcon sedans, 2 BF Station Wagons and 2 VZ Sedans but in return we got two BF2 LPG Wagons and 4 VE sedans.

Apparently all the sedans are going Commodore, Camry and Aurion with the Falcon doing station wagon duties.

The VE has been heavily criticised but nobody chooses the cars the accountants pick the cars you don't even get a choice.

I dread the Camrys the most as one of those in auto form STRUGGLES going up a steep hill you have to drive it like a freakin manual.

I saved the worst for last though....the boss is swapping the beutiful BF XR6 Turbo for a HOLDEN ASTRA.

What gives?

How aggressive is Holden and Toyotas fleet pricing??

Has anybody driven a Holden Rodeo it's the worst thing I've ever driven they couldn't even fork out for a Holden badge on the keys!!!

sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Not sure about Holden's but Toyota's fleet pricing is very aggressive..

I've driven plenty of Camry's, they don't feel that gutless if what you're after is a daily driver... Aurion would be a better option if you really need that power...
Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
I saved the worst for last though....the boss is swapping the beutiful BF XR6 Turbo for a HOLDEN ASTRA.
Looks like your boss is gay then.

You better hope you dont get stuck with a Camry. Then you'll turn into one of those "Camry Drivers" :togo:

But yeh, Toyota are very aggressive with fleet prices. Its only thing that keeps Toyota going.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #4
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like your work is going downhill.....car taste wise :P

nothing beats the good ol LPG falcon

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
But yeh, Toyota are very aggressive with fleet prices. Its only thing that keeps Toyota going.
Uh, for real? I thought Toyota were doing pretty well for themselves...
Old 07-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nommic
Uh, for real? I thought Toyota were doing pretty well for themselves...
Considering how many cars they sell here their profits are p*ss poor. Pretty good indication about how small their profit margins are.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Well the Astra arrived and it's worst than I thought..................it's a diesel!!!

I heard a rumour that Toyota actually loses money on the Aurion with the intention of burying Holden and Ford.

Considering the Falcon is the only large car not on a new platform I think it's going awesome.

The Territory is going spectacular too considering it's age, thirst, lack of Diesel and the market spin it receives from Holden.

Maybe people aren't as stupid as I thought.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #8
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Were I work the management use to have a choice between Holden, Ford and Mitsubishi now they have no choice all management cars when due for upgrading get a dedicated LPG Ford Falcon.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe you should all put in and buy the boss a handbag and tell him it's to match his new girls car.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

If I was boss I would do thing's Henry Ford style...............

You can have any car you want as long as it's a Ford!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Well the Astra arrived and it's worst than I thought..................it's a diesel!!!
The Astra diesels are actually a very good bit of gear.

I also don't understand why you are so critical of the Omega, I'm presuming it's just because it has a lion on it and not a blue oval? I have driven a number of them at work and for a base model they are a perfectly fine car, certainly nowhere near as bad as you make them out to be. I also have a fleet of them at work and have heard mostly praise for them with minimal complaints. Not everyone expects 500kw in a base model, if you want outright performance that's what ss/hsv are there for.

Sleekism, it is obvious in your postings that you are obviously way too one eyed to realise that the sun doesn't shine out of ford's behind. Time to take those blue coloured glasses off sonny. I am a car enthusiast who can appreciate cars for what they are, not for the badge the have on them. It's a pity some people can't.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #12
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
The Astra diesels are actually a very good bit of gear.

I also don't understand why you are so critical of the Omega, I'm presuming it's just because it has a lion on it and not a blue oval? I have driven a number of them at work and for a base model they are a perfectly fine car, certainly nowhere near as bad as you make them out to be. Not everyone expects 500kw in a base model, if you want outright performance that's what ss/hsv are there for.

Sleekism, it is obvious in your postings that you are obviously way too one eyed to realise that the sun doesn't shine out of ford's behind. Time to take those blue coloured glasses off sonny. I am a car enthusiast who can appreciate cars for what they are, not for the badge the have on them. It's a pity some people can't.
Not this Holden loving troll again. No ones falling for the I love both brands crap you spin, you are as red as a communist. Please leave.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #13
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Not this Holden loving troll again. No ones falling for the I love both brands crap you spin, you are as red as a communist. Please leave.
Is it school Holidays again so soon.

I drove an Omega the other day while my personal car was being serviced and was very suprised, given the opinions on here. For a base car it was very good, for the money I would go 380, but thats personal taste (I can't do without the luxury items and 380 is good value). If I was given one I would be very happy.
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #14
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
It must be :
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #15
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac

I drove an Omega the other day while my personal car was being serviced and was very suprised, given the opinions on here. For a base car it was very good, for the money I would go 380, but thats personal taste (I can't do without the luxury items and 380 is good value). If I was given one I would be very happy.
My daughter will soon be enjoying them clown.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #16
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #17
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Guy's back to the thread topic or this one will be closed.
If you want to throw comments at each other use PM.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #18
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
the boss is swapping the beutiful BF XR6 Turbo for a HOLDEN ASTRA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
Looks like your boss is gay then.

hahaha, quote of the day IMO
Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #19
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least the 2 companies that are where I work have Falcons. 2 wagons and 2 sedans in total. The boss drives an Audi A6 - privately owned I would think and gets an allowance towards costs.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #20
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

VE Omega a good car???

I want some drugs too!!

Cmon Holden have done a good job with the SS and HSV but I don't think they spent a cent on the Omega.

Anybody who has seen a bare base model omega know what I'm talking about the styling doesn't work in bare bones trim.

The visibility is scary the waist is too high and the pillars are too thick.

But the biggest problem is the drivetrain it's in the same league as a Camry I'm not joking.

Seriously Holden either need to give shorter gear ratios and diff to improve acceleration and response or get an engine that actually has some torque.

At least make a supercharged version and give all those V6 Holden fans some dignity.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #21
mcnamg

why give them dignity its easier to laugh at them as you drive easily by them in your falcon this way
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #22
Kenster

Toyota wouldnt be that bad im sure the new feet would improve on power, not sure on the Omega cause of the continour recall that people keep on mention.

Still i dont know why are you complain why you got a company car unlike some of us. All i can say dont doubt Toyota cause they are already making heaps of money that not including Australia market.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #23
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Well it's just escalated even more.

In an attempt to have a more "Green" image the company is purchasing an additional two diesel Astras and replacing all sixes with four cylinder cars and a few LPG sixes.

I hope there are Falcons in the LPG purchase I don't know how good the Holden and Toyota LPG offerings are.

Basically I am soon going to have a choice between a LPG, Diesel or fourbanger.

Is Diesel cars realistically any cheaper or better for the environment?

How long do you think it will be before Holden releases another fourbanger Commodore that idiots will lap up?
Old 13-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #24
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
VE Omega a good car???

I want some drugs too!!

Cmon Holden have done a good job with the SS and HSV but I don't think they spent a cent on the Omega.

Anybody who has seen a bare base model omega know what I'm talking about the styling doesn't work in bare bones trim.
I'd take one as a company car.

Old 13-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #25
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Im talking white with hubcaps eg.BASE MODEL
Old 13-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #26
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
VE Omega a good car???

I want some drugs too!!

The visibility is scary the waist is too high and the pillars are too thick.

But the biggest problem is the drivetrain it's in the same league as a Camry I'm not joking.

Seriously Holden either need to give shorter gear ratios and diff to improve acceleration and response or get an engine that actually has some torque.

At least make a supercharged version and give all those V6 Holden fans some dignity.
Lol the new Orion Base model looks like a piece of **** to... These cars arent suposed to look good, they are work horses...

The VE is a good competitor for the money, they are nice to drive, well equiped and serve their purpose as a Family / Fleet car. I certainly wouldnt knock one back if it was free...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #27
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Suppose you got a point their but it must be remembered that 70% of Falcadores are base so that's what mostly people see so as forms their opinion about the car.

Think back to AU, the XR's, Fairmont and T series were brilliant but people saw the Forte and dismissed the entire range.
Old 13-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #28
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Im talking white with hubcaps eg.BASE MODEL
That one is base model, in Crunch with aftermarket 20" and tints.
Old 13-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #29
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

BadMac, it's a long way from your fridge-white repmobile, hardly representative. I don't think too many fleet managers would be shelling out for 20" tyres!

My work has had a change of vehicle policy too, changing from Falcon sedans and wagons to Corolla hatches and LPG wagons (fair enough). The running costs for a Corolla and LPG Falcon are pretty similar however the capital costs ie depreciation/changeover purchase cost for the Falcon are double. I dare say there will be more of this in the future.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #30
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
BadMac, it's a long way from your fridge-white repmobile, hardly representative. I don't think too many fleet managers would be shelling out for 20" tyres!

My work has had a change of vehicle policy too, changing from Falcon sedans and wagons to Corolla hatches and LPG wagons (fair enough). The running costs for a Corolla and LPG Falcon are pretty similar however the capital costs ie depreciation/changeover purchase cost for the Falcon are double. I dare say there will be more of this in the future.
I wasn't sugesting they were, I was trying to indicate that the base model doesn't have to be a death sentence, If I was assigned one, its not too hard to make it pleasent. They don't have to be 20", nice 18" would do, I'd almost pay for them myself just so it didn't look like a company car.

The VE base model can dress up quite nice.

Anyway, my work has also gone Toyota so unless you are a special manager, you can't even get a big car. My XR6 will likely become a cashed out personal salary increase. Oh well.