Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Minor brake upgrade

Hi all. Firstly I know this is a Ford forum, and I have asked this on a Subaru site. But I have always got better/more polite answers here (even regarding my Subaru!!!)

I need to replace my front pads and rotors on my 01Liberty rx wagon. I was thinking I might as well upgrade slightly while im at it.

Questions are...

Should I bother with drilled/slotted for a car that only really gets spirted driving once in a while?

What are some decent reasonable priced pads to run? (for both drilled/slotted or blanks)

Ive seen Brembo blanks at what seems a decent price. But are Brembo blanks just a basic rotor or better than say dba or rda blank.

And the big question (which you guys may/may not know) what size are the rotors? im under the impression they are 277mm is that right??

Oh and im running standard 16' alloys and not looking at upping the size anytime soon so no upgrades in rotor size.

Im open to any advice suggestions too. Budget is not overly high so best value for money would be great ;)

Cheers

starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Minor brake upgrade

I would suggest getting slotted rotors. I would not worry about cross drilled. First choice would be DBA, but can get expensive if on a small budget. The next I would be looking at are RDA.

RDA are a very good cheaper option to DBA.

Also RDA is Australian.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post