Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-06-2024, 12:25 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Plastic Radiator Tank Replacement

For a Euro, I need to make a “Franken-radiator” with a change of tank. (All hail Crash Bunny!)

I have a “correct” radiator with decent core and top tank, looks like the lower tank is cracked. Also I have a donor radiator with decent core of the same dimensions, and matching - but undamaged - bottom tank. However the top tank is not compatible.

It’s my assumption the bottom crimp is slightly less stressed, less vibrated although the internal pressures will obviously not change.

I don’t really want to DIY, but looking for a radiator place in greater Sydney that will actually do this job. Not just try to sell me a replacement radiator. The OEM core is definitely thicker metal and more precisely made than most aftermarket units I see.

Natrad sell replacement plastic tanks for some radiators, so it seems there are workshops doing this type of job. I will travel or send if there’s a better (recommended) shop that is further away.

So - if you know a radiator shop who don’t get funny about changing tanks - I’m all ears.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post