Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Default Dodgy Wheels:(

Did a deal and bought some wheels.The wheels came from interstate and the seller gave a rather generous description.wheels have no marks and tyres 25000km left..............?

Missus was really excited about the prospects of spending roughly the same on mags with tyres instead of replacing the 16inch tread.thanks ruddy.

The day before the wheels arrive i get a PM from a member.He goes onto to say that he has seen these in person and dont agree with the description given at all.It then goes onto say that if he didnt say something it just wouldnt feel right.ok..............I think to myself he just wants me to say i dont want them anymore so that he could get the good deal?I then reread his message and find down the bottom that if you want to chat more heres my number.

I kept faith in the seller and waited for wheels to arrive from Hunter Express.
Morning comes and wheels arrive,first thing i did was get the guy to unwrap and inspect for damage.Well what do ya know 3 bald tyres and one rim that has hit a gutter and is non roadworthy,has been fitted with new tyre.guy witnesses and signs the p/work.

Ring ring,the seller answers and you guessed it,nah,nah their couldnt be.i replied nicely and asked if the situation could be rectified,some money back?I did not mention the PM that i received the day earlier as to give him a chance first up and be a half decent bloke.No chance,but,but,but it wasnt honest.I then let him know about my little bit of ammo i had in reserve.He then goes on to blame the dealer that it must of been like that when i got my car last month?My reply was well if you bought it like that then as you left the dealer you would of felt massive vibration and took it back then?silence....

Well he knew he was caught out and said he would comply with my choice of fix as i think he values his good rep on here.could not lie straight in bed.If you cant afford to upgrade your car doesnt mean its ok to rip people off to finance this venture,further snooping confirmed this for me.

To wrap things up theres been alot of excuses about this and that and now no contact at all(been 2 months since discussion).have sent numerous PMs and know he would of got them as he has been actively on line.My question is do i name and shame him?I dont want anyone else to have this problem down the track or do i think he deserves help in future due to the slimy nature of him!!!!! :.

YA BURN,YA LEARN as they say,ive ridden this off and will use the rims for gazzanats at least and the wagon has some lovely P6 Pirellis.

Old 27-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

As is in the F/S section AFF takes no responsility for transactions made on this site.

However if you cannot resolve the issue i wouldnt suggest naming and shaming the party involved but a PM to Mod/Admin making them aware of the situation and having their activity in the F/S area revoked so its doesnt happen to anyone else
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 27-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

As above, could you please PM me with more details of this.
Old 27-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Wheel deals are tough as its hard to point out every possible thing...but yours sounds a bit shady....I've sold two sets on here lately and I'd only hope the buyers are happy with their purchases and I've described them as accurately as possible.

I also bought a set from a thread which really didnt sound that promising and was pleased as that the description was dead accurate. You just never know....

Good luck with it mate, probably better that you bought here, as if it was on EBay, you'd be paddle-less in that famous creek.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 27-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought wheels off here and they were fantastic and the guy was a real help.

There are either honest people, or there are not. Shame you seem to have got burned and agree that the mods can remove their F/S privileges, if not ban them altogether.
Old 27-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive rearly seen tread wear described acurately in any advertising.... "90%" left usually meant "barely roadworthy"....

Old 27-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
As is in the F/S section AFF takes no responsility for transactions made on this site.

However if you cannot resolve the issue i wouldnt suggest naming and shaming the party involved but a PM to Mod/Admin making them aware of the situation and having their activity in the F/S area revoked so its doesnt happen to anyone else

Thankyou for advice,will forward a PM.have sent a text to seller and will give him one more week to respond,on the odd chance something has gone wrong with him personally and hasnt been able to address.I will continue to use the for sale section as the good far,far,far outways the bad on their.After further thought naming would be a cheap shot,not my style.He can just have a read of this,that will be enough.I wont go on anymore about this and we are in no way loosing sleep over it.Thanks again for positive response and mods can close this if they feel it has had enough response.

Cheers,

cheers,

Last edited by FreddyDUZ747; 27-06-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 27-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

No worries mate.

Closed at OP's request
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread