Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
jacedent
Starter Motor

Default engineering ??

just wondering if i get an older falcon like an ef and put a ba falcon engine in it does it have to be engineered or can i just change the engine numbers with the rta

jacedent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

The RTA documentation on the subject advises that you should check with an engineering signatory on that one. Its up to the engineer to determine whether its allowable or not.
And if the power increase is great enough then the engineer will have to determine whether or not other parts of your car need to be changed aswell.

I would say best bet is to talk to the RTA first, then an Engineer (someone on the RTA list). Either way it will need to meet BA emissions testing and go for a blue slip.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

What state you in?

I would talk to an engineer first and see what the requirements are. I would say they will look at the difference in power, weight, and the emmissions.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
I would say best bet is to talk to the RTA first, then an Engineer (someone on the RTA list). Either way it will need to meet BA emissions testing and go for a blue slip.
I'd agree with Airmon here, but DONT ask the office/counter staff! Go to an inspection station and talk to an inspector. Quite a few are 'car nuts' and can be quite helpful.
Old 30-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a lot easier to put an AU engine in an e series. If you put a BA engine in there will be a lot of electrical issues.......
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post