Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Question Decals, stickers, and badges

Just wondering what your opinions and experiences are with `visual accessories' like stickers (on windows?), decals (usually on-body), and badges (whether stock or put on). Do you de-badge everything and paint the car jet-black, or slap a vinyl or two the side and let everyone know what you've spent?

My badges are intact, no stickers, but I'm contemplating a small Alpine decal on the tailgate below the S-pack badge. I was kicking around the idea of a `look at me' windshield shade decal, but got talked out of that quickly : :

Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a Ford logo on my bonnet. I put it on to take away attention from the rather old paint. I reckon it looks alright. You can just see it in my avatar.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
EL_futuraistic

Yeah performance orientated stickers/badges are ok... if your car has those parts/options.

Badge removal can look good on some vehicles, others makes an already cheap car look cheaper. (eg 318 beemer... removed badge, but u know its a 318 cause it has black door moulds and lower skirts, and hubcaps)

I am not a fan of audio stickers...... The look is good, however it advertises what audio gear is in your car so basically turns ur car into a RED SPOT SPECIAL in a shopping centre carpark.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
big_pete
Sublime

ive debadged my car, but ive put on some vynil pinstriping flames.

they look ИИИИe. but so does the rest of my car :(
so i dont care

actually i think ill take em off, cause they are beginning to look dodgy (not that they didnt before)
Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
big_pete
Sublime

ive also got a Fordforums.au sticker on my car and a street machine magazine sticker.

however, if i had a good car, i probably wouldnt have any stickers at all. just nice and clean
Old 11-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #6
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I only have the FFAU sticker on my back window, but at the bottom, so unless you're up higher you can't really see it for the spoiler. :(

When I got my previous car tinted they put their logo on the back window, and as soon as I got it home I peeled it off. No free advertising there. Especially when they were rather rude to me.

I'm not really a fan of stickers on cars. I think it kinda looks tacky and cheap.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Same here feathers, i took all the dealership stickers off the day i bought it. numberplate protectors got binned too, i got new ones with no logo.

I have one sticker on the focus which is a small custom designed one on my back window. Im going to put one more on and that'll be it.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:23 AM   #8
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

I've got a few inside the XC, and one on the back that I might take off when I get home. I trimmed a Pascoe Performance sticker and put it on the back of the rear-view mirror (can be viewed from outside car only), I really like that place. They remebered the car without me having been there for 6 months+

" You be 6... I'll be 9 "

I bought an old Tickford sticker for the XR6, but don't really want to put in on. It doesn't look good anywhere. Maybe I'll trim it and stick it neatly under the bonnet. Nothing too garish though.
Quicklier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #9
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Depend on the car. Some cars look good with them or look crap. I've alway left the badges on my cars, never been one to put sticker over the car other than the club sticker on the windscreen.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:45 AM   #10
falcon91

I've one sticker on my car which is supplied free of charge every year when I donate $650 to the State Coffers. Other than that, no stickers at all (Not even a Crow's one). Badges are OK if OEM unless you are really into "Rodding" your car.
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I have kept the badges on and stickers off. I will take the badges off when the bodykit gets done and put my own "Chief" badges on.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On my VL I debadged it then on the front I have a VS Holden lion badge and on the back I have a VS Holden badge replacing the original Holden badge VLs came with.

I also have a Lifford Exhaust sticker on my back window.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #13
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Apart from the standard badging, i have the FF sticker on the back and side window of the XP....need to spread the word some how

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #14
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Still have all badges, apart from the SE sticker just under the Falcon badge, that's gone.

Also have my FF sticker just up the top of the rear window. Gotta spread the love people.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #15
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

I've contemplated doing a ricer-style shopping list on the GreenMachine with the stickers i've collected while buying parts - Holley, Genie, MSD, Edelbrock, K&N etc...

But then I decided that it was lame...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #16
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

STICKERS SUCK PEOPLE and if you can get the badges off clean no fade or holes behind them go for it neat clean simple more car ENTHUSIATS need to grasp this.
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 01:33 AM   #17
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

my car is covered from front to back in stickers- I love 'em.

no tacky or brand stickers tho
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 01:38 AM   #18
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What the stripes? that looks ok technically not a STICKER in the sense that im refering to what sort of price would u sell that weapon for??
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 02:09 AM   #19
Aeron
DJR Fan

I dont mind stickers as long as it looks good. I also like the clean look sometimes. It just depends on the car i guess.
I had some DJR stickers custom made by a guy in QLD. I emailed him what i was after and i payed him ($5 ea) and he sent them. Came out just how i wanted too...

EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #20
Psycho Chicken
Banned

As per avatar (god those EB/ED 5.0 V8 badges are shocking) and the factory Ghia badge on the boot. Which I'll get rid of some day.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 04:01 AM   #21
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I have had heaps of stickers and debadged cars. At the moment I have just left mine stock, no stickers etc, but when I get it flashed I want a sticker for the tuner on the back window.

Sticker top right of screen..............
Old 13-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #22
falcon91

Already posted in this thread saying no stickers. BUT I must admit "Aeron's"
DJR stickers look like they where born there, they look bloody good!
Old 13-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #23
Steve D
Irregular Member

I've got a Vauxhall Owners' Club sticker on the rear windscreen of the Viva. It's only about 3 inches in diameter.

I've also got a tiny Blaupunkt sticker as a bit of a joke - the Viva has never had a radio from the day it was made. :

The Magna has an Orix numberplate frame, even though the lease expired about three years ago. Might be time to do something about that...

Used to occasionally see a oldie with its original dealer sticker on the back windscreen. A real 'original' look!
*** Wheels magazine COTY 1996 ***
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #24
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

I kept most of my badges, removed the Holden By Design (disaster) Badge and added 1 sticked to the top middle of the rear window....Dirty Dog Eyewear, when I was a HRT Member I had my members sticker in the Back Left Lower Rear of the back window..thats it...Stickers can damage your paint and really, unless they want to pay me to advertise their stuff....NO Stickers on my car...

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #25
vanessa0305

How do you get stickers off cars without doing any damage. Mine has a karate sticker on the back windscreen from the previous owner and its been there a while. I prefer the no sticker clean look too.
vanessa0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #26
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessa0305
How do you get stickers off cars without doing any damage. Mine has a karate sticker on the back windscreen from the previous owner and its been there a while. I prefer the no sticker clean look too.
Two types of decals (Stickers) Inside or outside adhered.
Inside adhered are more difficult if you have tinted windows, rear demist lines, but I will assume its an outside adhered sticker.

If you can't just lift the corner and peel it off obtain a razor scraper from Bunnings or just a safety blade and carefully starting from a corner, just push with the blade and pull the sticker bit by bit untill it's off. The adhesive residue can be easily cleaned off with Metho. Don't spill it on your paint if you can help it. If you do just wash off with soapy water and rinse.
Hope this helps.
Old 13-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #27
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

Used to have a big blue pioneer sticker on my windscreen... then it suddenly hit me how crap it looked!! Ripped it off.

Then i designed a ford sticker for the back window and found out it would cost me $80 to get it made!! so i made it myself.

Being contact it only lasted about 10 months and then started to look a bit ratty. i dont have any stickers now :

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 10:57 PM   #28
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Got an AC / DC " High Voltage" sticker on the back window, , thats it !

Craig
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 03:10 AM   #29
Fairmont I6
sideways

If i had a XR6 turbo first thing id do would be to rip off all the badges, i reckion its a cleaner look, not a fan of any stickers on anything either