Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

Question S.E. Queensland

hey all,
my parents are looking at moving down to south east queensland and were wondering where you would recommend....would need to be around 5-10 acres, also needs a school near by as my mum is a primary school teacher/librarian. thinking around ipswich down to beaudesert area....

cheers for any suggestions/help. :

p.s. looking to spend around 300,000

Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

when i went to QLD 3 months ago ... a few nice areas were roachedale,springwood,oxley,sunnybank,ipswitch bushy areas
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe look at Jimboomba area? Lots of good value acerage out there (been looking at it myself) but it's not incredibly close to the CBD (might want to check it out on whereis first to see the location)

Cheers

P.S. $300k gets you something very reasonable out there
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
Dav0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
maybe look at Jimboomba area? Lots of good value acerage out there (been looking at it myself) but it's not incredibly close to the CBD (might want to check it out on whereis first to see the location)

Cheers

P.S. $300k gets you something very reasonable out there
hey deadman,
it doesnt matter about being that close to brisbane (assuming that what you mean by CBD), they have lived in the bush for the better part of their lives so 100kms from brisbane isnt that much of a concern and basically would just like to be close to things like queensland raceway, brisbane for shopping, cricket, footy etc and be on 5+ acres...

thanks for the quick reply also.
Old 15-05-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You might be able to try Samford, or some places a little to the north of there, its not as far out as Beaudesert, but it may be out of the price range.
And im not sure if they do 5+ acre lots.... But hey, its another area to look at!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 01:15 AM   #6
EF, What else?
A Bloke

You beat me to it, Samford is a beautiful area, just stay away from Dayboro!
Old 15-05-2006, 02:32 AM   #7
Tamera_XT

Hey,
Well I'm from the Sunshine Coast ( Woombye... where the big pineapple is) and you can get some good deals on property out towards Palmwoods, Eudlo, Yandina.Its just in from the coast, there are plenty of schools around and only 15mins to beach. My Dad is also a Primary School teacher on the Sunshine coast and the kids are so much better than city kids. Or if you are looking closer to Brisbane my uncle just bought 11 acres at Ferny Grove for $170 000 and it has views to port of brisbane, mt cootha and surrounding hills, plus plenty schools around and city within 15/20 mins.Also try northside of Brisbane such as Petrie. There are plenty of good places around if you happen to catch a good deal, also Jimboomba is a nice area as mentioned in previous post but just be wary of hail storms as a mate of mine recently found out. _2:
Wish you luck,
Tam
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:06 AM   #8
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try the Boonah area and aratula areas about 30-45mins south of Ipswich. Nice areas
2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #9
The Monty
Just slidin'

Jimboomba and Mt. Cotton areas are nice and still hold a lot of acereage blocks.
Old 15-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #10
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Depends on where you want to be. Nice spots between Brisbane and Toowoomba, Laidley area. Even Gatton is good.
Old 15-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #11
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also up the Brisbane, Lockyer and Fassifern Valleys
2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #12
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Personally id avoid Ipswich and Yamanto, if you want to be close to Brisbane personally id check out the Carbrook/Mt Cotton area and maybe the areas around Beenleigh/Jacobs Well.The North side is nice also , Samford/The Gap as people mentioned before as the Sunshine Coast.

But having lived in Redlands for 6 years and the Sunshine Coast for 5, i would stronly reccomend the sunshine coast (but it is a fair old way from Brisbane)

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Munruben is a growing area and really nice.. just make sure you live on the good side :
Jimboomba, Greenbank and areas like that are great and not far from schools.

Has your mum got a transfer or just winging it?
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #14
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea, i would recommend samford...
Old 15-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #15
Dav0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
hey fiery my mum would just look for a transfer in the local area....as it is she has to drive 30minutes to school anyway so thats not a real issue.
Old 15-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #16
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav0
hey fiery my mum would just look for a transfer in the local area....as it is she has to drive 30minutes to school anyway so thats not a real issue.
Oh ok well that makes it so much easier and a wider area then..

There are heaps of areas that are nice.. You can make anywhere good though if you are on acreage and don't have to put up with the neighbours being close :
Old 15-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #17
Dav0

Quote:
Oh ok well that makes it so much easier and a wider area then..

There are heaps of areas that are nice.. You can make anywhere good though if you are on acreage and don't have to put up with the neighbours being close :
thats the big problem we have up here in cairns....both our neighbours are old (65+) and they dont approve of young people.....i cant help my stereo put out 120-130db and a mates does 130ish DB :evil_laug

funny reminds me one time a mate came around in his riced up lancer of which he parked in our carport and turned on his speaker and we heard rocks bouncing our roof as well as the neighbours :evil_laug
Old 15-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #18
bwhinnen

I second Mt Cotton area. We live down the road and around the corner from it, back in suburbia on 1/2 an acre. There are a few schools around the area, and whilst you have rural sized blocks you are only minutes from a fairly big shopping centre...
bwhinnen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #19
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Damn if those are the prices up there ... I'm moving to QLD.
What can I buy with $900,000????
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 06:59 PM   #20
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Depending on the area, but a pretty amazing property I think :
Old 15-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #21
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shhh fiery!!!! We don't want more of em up here ;) They'll keep driving the prices up for those of us (like me) who haven't bought yet!!! :Up_to_som :P
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #22
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
Shhh fiery!!!! We don't want more of em up here ;) They'll keep driving the prices up for those of us (like me) who haven't bought yet!!! :Up_to_som

oopsssss sorry.. :

Old 15-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #23
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Depending on the area, but a pretty amazing property I think :
Wooo hoo.
I'll just keep looking in the Horse Deals magazine and checking the properties out.

But for now ... I'll just add more amenities to my place and increase the value of it ... and just sit on the place for many years .. and reap the rewards later on.
Old 15-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #24
Dav0

Quote:
cape york :hihi:
Old 15-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #25
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wooo hoo.
I'll just keep looking in the Horse Deals magazine and checking the properties out.
A friend of mine just sold a property, 14km from Brisbane, with 3 acres, a Equestrian Arena with lights, stables for 8 horses and pretty much everything under the sun.... It was less than the $900k you thought about... ;-)
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #26
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav0
hey all,
my parents are looking at moving down to south east queensland and were wondering where you would recommend....would need to be around 5-10 acres, also needs a school near by as my mum is a primary school teacher/librarian. thinking around ipswich down to beaudesert area....

cheers for any suggestions/help. :

p.s. looking to spend around 300,000
hit it in one

springwood sunnybank and those areas you wouldnt get a house for that price unless its average condition (like a ex housing house)

best bet ippy or beaudesert areas still fairly close to both coast and city some mentioned ones like mt cotton are good ideas not overly developed but still got plenty of bush left in it
yamanto is becoming abit busy plenty of development happening there i noticed
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #27
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
A friend of mine just sold a property, 14km from Brisbane, with 3 acres, a Equestrian Arena with lights, stables for 8 horses and pretty much everything under the sun.... It was less than the $900k you thought about... ;-)
I have seen some nice ones with full amenities ... already set up ... no extra work to do ... for decent coin ... and I'd still have change left over afterwards.
Old 16-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #28
YOOT
Banned

I think beaudesert is what your looking for mate, or anywhere around it. Puts you about 45mins from BNE and 25mins from the Gold Coast. Its got some great mountain ranges of Tamborine and Cunungra. Lots and lots of huge old properties out there. I have just completed some surveys on a 1500hectare property (about 4kmx4km in size).

Right next door there is a bloke who is building a private airsrtip for 11 planes. he ownes 10 F250s (brand new) that are all paddock bashers, as each one is destroyed, he moves on to the next. He even cut 6m off the top of a hill for landing his planes.

I doubt you want properties that big but there is more land out there than anywhere, and so close to everything. Its still very rural. Most places make you feel like you have stepped back in time 100 years (except maybe for a 200K John Deer tractor sitting in the paddock).
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #29
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
FRASER ISLAND!!!!
Old 16-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #30
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Munruben is a growing area and really nice.. just make sure you live on the good side :
Jimboomba, Greenbank and areas like that are great and not far from schools.

You mean the side I live on, dont you Fiery, cause I know you used to live on the other side. I love it here, wouldnt want to be anywhere else.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post