Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Default Car Broken into

The other night myself and my wife though we would go to a function which was being held at a soccer ground it was the October festival , after a great nite of eating drinking and more eating followed by more drinking with friends and family we decide to wrap up as it was getting late was already around 1am and I was going jetsking the next morning.

So once we get to my wife 1 week old VW TSI Golf mind you i had just got the tint's done a few days earlier we noticed the back window smashed and stuff everywhere not to mention the glass, At that point it was clear some low life had broke into the car and gone through everthing taking only my wallet and all the crap in it so happy days there.

Made our way to police station made the report and today spoke with shannon's and had the window replaced and hopefully get that window re-tinted tomorrow, and onto on that they damage the door trim on that side where the window was smashed.

And as it turns out we wrent the only one's that got broken into that night.

Im at a loss as to why someone would do such a thing there wasnt any cash in the car only reuseable shopping bags and car manual, and my efpos card along with my drivers license ( Lucky I didnt have my other wallet in the car at the time otherwise today could have been a busy day of phone calls lol ).

Anyway all in all its only a car ( even though a week old ) all can be fixed and hopefully the wife gets over it......

Just a massive inconvenience to all. as I didnt get to go jetsking.

Old 21-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Default Re: Car Broken into

Lame. Have had my car for 7 years now and only the odd trolley whack. Where in Australia are you?
Old 21-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Till_Lind
Lame. Have had my car for 7 years now and only the odd trolley whack. Where in Australia are you?
In sunny Melbourne
Old 21-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is sad to hear, but I can't believe you leave any wallet with any cards in a car? I leave nothing in any of my cars!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We caught a guy in our backyard behind locked gates going through one of the cars for change. Damn junkies...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that`s bad luck mate, i think back to some of the things thieves have taken over the years , not only from the cars but house/garage break in`s it just ****** you right off,
had a nice car stereo............ gone
had a fairly newish out board motor taken out of my garage,......... house ransacked, cash electrical goods taken, had tipping trailer i had almost finished building stolen even though it was secured with a big padlock and serious bit of chain, had a car stolen, all at different times, also all in sunny Melbourne , it`s not just the inconvenience of replacing stuff getting it fixed that is upsetting , it`s also the fact someone has violated your personal space, in your car in your house, etc,etc
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
that`s bad luck mate, i think back to some of the things thieves have taken over the years , not only from the cars but house/garage break in`s it just ****** you right off,
had a nice car stereo............ gone
had a fairly newish out board motor taken out of my garage,......... house ransacked, cash electrical goods taken, had tipping trailer i had almost finished building stolen even though it was secured with a big padlock and serious bit of chain, had a car stolen, all at different times, also all in sunny Melbourne , it`s not just the inconvenience of replacing stuff getting it fixed that is upsetting , it`s also the fact someone has violated your personal space, in your car in your house, etc,etc
I hear that. The one time I has was broken into (ever in my entire life) was pretty damn nerve wracking, just knowing some bastards crawled through there, walked up here, etc. etc.
Nowadays I also try to make the house look "active", to the point of leaving items out you wouldn't usually leave out (eg. wheelbarrow with rake on the drive).
Old 21-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
That is sad to hear, but I can't believe you leave any wallet with any cards in a car? I leave nothing in any of my cars!
First time ever and big mistake but on the bright side there were only 2 cards in the wallet.
Old 22-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #9
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
First time ever and big mistake but on the bright side there were only 2 cards in the wallet.
First time and last time then. Car does not have an alarm?
I had someone try and break inot my EB GT out the front of my house early one morning, as soon as they lifted the door handle to see if it was unlocked, the alarm sounded and we woke up to the alarm and there footsteps as they ran away. Makes you kind of feel uneasy in your own home. I think they were only after money/cigarettes, you would not steal an EB for a thrill?
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Till Lind, around my way, the thieving mongrels will take the wheelbarrow and rake.
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
Jack960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just a massive inconvenience to all. as I didnt get to go jetsking.
That is the part I would be most angry about. Its all replaceable but it sucks when it impedes on other plans
Jack960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I recently moved from Reservoir and that place is getting bad for this petty crime crap (well at least on the side I use to live). My old mans ute has been broken into enough times there and they've taken enough stuff. I left my car unlocked one night (never really bothered locking it as this BS started about this year) and had about $1000 stolen....but he car was intact so not too bad.

I've now moved to what seems to be a better area (even mr insurance says so) so hopefully it stays that way.
Old 22-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
.......(never really bothered locking it as this BS started about this year) and had about $1000 stolen....
You leave $1000 in an unlocked car looks like some junkie got the jack pot

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
You leave $1000 in an unlocked car looks like some junkie got the jack pot

Unfortunately I did. In the 20 odd years I was there never had an issue until recently. So I did learn from that.

Mind you my old mans truck got broken into (smashed glass in the cabin) a little while back were they stole all his tools. Least the bastard cut himself....pitty it wasn't a vein and he bled to death.
Old 22-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
sirweasle

Youths broke into about 15cars in my sisters street a few weeks back now.

What possess' people to be so disrespectful? i'm only 20, and i can safely say i have never even had the thought of breaking into someones car, or destroy someone else' property. I don't get it.
sirweasle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #16
Dave3911

Quote:

Im at a loss as to why someone would do such a thing there wasnt any cash in the car only reuseable shopping bags and car manual, and my efpos card along with my drivers license ( Lucky I didnt have my other wallet in the car at the time otherwise today could have been a busy day of phone calls lol ).
The crook doesn't know whats in the car before they break into it....

Also, an eftpos card and drivers license is a good score for a junkie. That is almost 100 points of ID right there... don't be surprised if your suddenly get some mobile phones signed up in your name and some fancy electrical goods on interest free at Harvey Norman.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Quote:
In sunny Melbourne
Same thing happened to my girlfriends car, back window was smashed in and everything taken out if it......in melbourne.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Least the bastard cut himself....pitty it wasn't a vein and he bled to death.
That would have been instant justice

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham7773
Hey Till Lind, around my way, the thieving mongrels will take the wheelbarrow and rake.
I suppose it could happen here too, but we've left plenty of things out on the drive before and never had things pinched. The view is blocked a bit I guess by the fence out front. Where in Ausland are you? Fortunately I feel Brisbane is a bit behind in the criminal-elements-stealing-all-the-time problem.
Old 23-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #20
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never had my cars messed with in more than 15 years until recently. Had it parked at the zoo - normally I don't leave anything in sight, but I had been lazy and had stuff, mostly papers inside the car and had a new stereo installed and had the box on the front seat - but it had the old one in it that was broken. Buggers tried to force the lock and failed, but did damage the lock to a degree. The key just has a bit more play, but still works fine in the lock.

They would have been annoyed to find the stereo was a damaged Pioneer unit from 1998 with a cassette deck.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #21
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Same thing happened when at Eastern Creek watching the drags. Came back to find my shiny new R8 with a whopping great screwdriver mark gouged in the side of the door and the glass shattered. Rummaged through the glove box and centre console to find - nothing. The other dozen or so cars parked next to mine also had broken into. Would love to have had that schmuck in a room with all the owners of said cars..

NRMA replaced the glass no charge (not the tint though) and would have had to have made a separate claim to fix the screwdriver mark which would have cost me $2000 in excess. Never got fixed.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
GT014

Just scum, like the 2 different people in less than 2 weeks that opened there car door on my GT causing dent in passenger door and yesterday when someone obviously tried to parallel park scuffing and chipping my rear bumper.

Sometimes it really doesn't pay to have a nice car, so many inconsiderate scum that don't care or have the common decency to to look after people's property!!
Old 23-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #23
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Yep junkies don't care, they are just looking for money for their next fix. I know some that even broke into their own mum's house and stole from her. Jail and a good bashing is the only language they understand.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
LTDHO
The one and only

Why leave ya wallet in the car in the first place?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Robby, sorry to hear this.

Mo fo,s should have their hands cut off.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #26
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Why leave ya wallet in the car in the first place?
End of the day doesnt really matter mate , doesnt give the right for ANYONE to break into one's car regardless of whats left in the car, otherwise we would all be walking around with backpacks.

it is what it is , cars getting sorted and its my leason to learn dont travel to the western side of melb in particular sunshine in a nice car parked on the street where cars should be parked.
Old 24-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #27
LTDHO
The one and only

Post Re: Car Broken into

Quote:
End of the day doesnt really matter mate , doesnt give the right for ANYONE to break into one's car regardless of whats left in the car, otherwise we would all be walking around with backpacks.

it is what it is , cars getting sorted and its my leason to learn dont travel to the western side of melb in particular sunshine in a nice car parked on the street where cars should be parked.
Fact is cars get broken into very frequently daily and leaving a wallet (or phone or gps, etc) is giving them a reason too. No matter where you park it. Should you provide temptation, do not be angry as the outcome.

If you have an item that is too big to carry, lock it in the boot. From the outside of a car passersby should not see anything that is not screwed down.

My XF was broken into. Did I complain? No. Did they take anything? No. Did I leave something out? Yes (idiot). But they fled when the alarm sounded. I was more angry to learn they smashed a window on an XF, dumb kids/junkies didn't know XF's are easy to get into with smashing a window.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #28
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Fact is cars get broken into very frequently daily and leaving a wallet (or phone or gps, etc) is giving them a reason too. No matter where you park it. Should you provide temptation, do not be angry as the outcome.

If you have an item that is too big to carry, lock it in the boot. From the outside of a car passersby should not see anything that is not screwed down.

My XF was broken into. Did I complain? No. Did they take anything? No. Did I leave something out? Yes (idiot). But they fled when the alarm sounded. I was more angry to learn they smashed a window on an XF, dumb kids/junkies didn't know XF's are easy to get into with smashing a window.
You serious mate or what , who's angry mate like I said it is what it is and everything is fixable , fact of the matter is regardless of where you hide your stuff it doesnt matter they will most likey find it, and for your records my wallet was in the glove compartment locked, so not in sight and locked away still didnt stop them from going through the car and being a hatch once inside had access to the boot also , so even if you had of had your stuff in the boot as you might have it still would have been taken.

This thread I started to just relay what had happen thats all mate not aksing for people to feel sorry for me or send me flowers etc, Its not my car its my wifes car that I bought a week ago , and like I said its just been an inconvenience all the other crap can be sorted and has so no big deal.

Last edited by flappist; 24-10-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: keep it civil
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #29
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I hear that. The one time I has was broken into (ever in my entire life) was pretty damn nerve wracking, just knowing some bastards crawled through there, walked up here, etc. etc.
Nowadays I also try to make the house look "active", to the point of leaving items out you wouldn't usually leave out (eg. wheelbarrow with rake on the drive).

I left my wheelbarrow out they used it to carry all my stuff out of the garage!
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #30
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
I suppose it could happen here too, but we've left plenty of things out on the drive before and never had things pinched. The view is blocked a bit I guess by the fence out front. Where in Ausland are you? Fortunately I feel Brisbane is a bit behind in the criminal-elements-stealing-all-the-time problem.
No, they aren't.

I was fixing up mine and my wife's bikes one day (chained to the outside post) and left the chain off overnight and voila, bikes gone. They had to jump the fence cause the gate is padlocked and hoist the bikes back over, yet the house up the road can leave out bikes, prams, all sorts of crap with easy access to pinch and they're still there.