Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default HELP. i won a cricket bat fom ford.

high people . i won 2nd prize in a ford competition its a GREY NICOLS cricket bat , signed by MATTHEW HAYDEEN. it has stickers all over it one of them says its a HAYDEN 380 PHOENIX . another says grooved power system. i know nothing about cricket and wonder if it is worth anything . DOES ANYBODY KNOW.? is it a collectors item or will it be . is grey nicoools an expensive batt . should i put it away . sell it on ebay . or give it to my 4 year old son to play with. wouldn't have a clue can anyone advise . thanks.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
Damo
Banned

don't give it to your son. Well not to play with. I'd sell it on ebay if you're not into cricket. I reckon it would deffiantely be worth something, especially is it has a certificate of authenticity.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
Cheahman
BOSS 260

GREY NICOLS is an expensive bat and the 380 phoenix would represent the 380 runs matt hayden made at perth. Id say it would be worth abit. Something Id hang onto or sell on ebay.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #4
Kryton

yep id hang onto it till he dies. things are worth more then.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do not know Matthew Haydeen SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!
Yes it is worth money but you should keep the bat and put it in the pool room
Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #6
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hang onto it for a few years and when all the dust has settled when hayden retires,bring it and make a few bucks.
Otherwise hang onto it for life,make it a family heirloom.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 04-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #7
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Do you mean Matthew Hayden...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 04-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #8
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
high people . i won 2nd prize in a ford competition its a GREY NICOLS cricket bat , signed by MATTHEW HAYDEEN. it has stickers all over it one of them says its a HAYDEN 380 PHOENIX . another says grooved power system. i know nothing about cricket and wonder if it is worth anything . DOES ANYBODY KNOW.? is it a collectors item or will it be . is grey nicoools an expensive batt . should i put it away . sell it on ebay . or give it to my 4 year old son to play with. wouldn't have a clue can anyone advise . thanks.
Shame on you, you don't know about cricket.......are you an Aussie????

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 04-06-2005, 09:44 PM   #9
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Shame on you, you don't know about cricket.......are you an Aussie????
yes i am very much an AUSSIE. but sports bore me the ones i like are 1st, motor racing , 2nd , boxing , 3rd, rugby league,
Old 04-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #10
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Whatever you do, don't use it....

If you don't like cricket then wrap it up in a blanket and put it in a cupboard, or if you like cricket, mount it on the wall (not by using nails and a hammer lol).

Without seeing a pic of the bat I'd say its worth $300-500 without a signature (I'm not sure on the latest bat prices) but they money will be in the signature and certificate if it has one. I don't think it will ever be worth tens of thousands (Hayden stuff is not in the same catagory as Bradman) but one day it will be worth money to someone who grew up with Hayden as a hero and now has plenty of money to re-live their childhood dreams (read 30 years down the track!!).

Or if you seriously don't care about it and sell it now and let someone who appreciates it cherish it. It cost you nothing, do you want $500 for it now or $5000 for it in 30 years time?

Thats just my opinion..

Dan..

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
Old 04-06-2005, 10:10 PM   #11
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

Give It 2 Me! :d

WTD mags to suit AU Falcon ute, AU XR rims or BA 18" xr rims. PM ME
Old 04-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #12
gtfpv
GT

thanks very much for the replies guys, looks like i'll put it away for a few years. the signature doesn't mean much to me but the batt looks tough and awesome it makes me want to smack a cricket ball with it.i remember fom school days that gray nicholls batts were the ones all the kids went mad over, forgot the name untill i opened it today. thanks
Old 04-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #13
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

i will look after it for you..lol..
make sure you dont play backyard cricket with that one..
nice prize...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 04-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #14
Cheahman
BOSS 260

have ya got any pics of it? would be great to see what it looks like.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Old 04-06-2005, 10:21 PM   #15
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheahman
have ya got any pics of it? would be great to see what it looks like.
i can take a pic of it now . know how to put it in computor but dont know how to post it to thread. if i knew how to do this i'd put some pics of the GT in as well . if you tell me how to do it i'll do it asap . i'm on dial up hope it is ok .
Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 PM   #16
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah back a few years ago I used to play cricket. A good grey & nicols would set you back 350-400.

With the sig you could add say 100 to that.

I have a bat signed by Steve Waugh, its in the cuboard somewhere, but my mindless brother dropped it and now it has a dint. One day it might be worth something..who knows.

Either way your making a profit!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 04-06-2005, 10:35 PM   #17
Cheahman
BOSS 260

To post a pic, go to "post reply" when the pages come up below is "Additional Options". There you will see a box called "Manage Attachments" click on it and a seperate page will pop up. Click on browse and select the location on your pics.

Hope this works lol

BTW is this your bat? this may give you an idea on what it could be worth http://www.sportsonline.com.au/item.aspx?id=7133&cID=5

BA XR8
EB XR8
Old 04-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #18
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the true style of Mr Kerrigan "This is one for the pool room"
Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 PM   #19
gtfpv
GT

I HAVE FINALLY DOWNLOADED 2 pics of the cricket back sorry for taking so long . learning curve any how hope tihis works . and it is not the same as the ones from the footy show.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 PM   #20
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
.i remember fom school days that gray nicholls batts were the ones all the kids went mad over, forgot the name untill i opened it today. thanks
Grey Nick "Super Scoops" were the ducks guts back in the early 80's. Thats probably the one your thinking of.

Put it in the pool room and sell it when he retires.. You'll ger enough to supercharge your Falcon (whatever it may be at the time) :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 PM   #21
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Grey Nick "Super Scoops" were the ducks guts back in the early 80's. Thats probably the one your thinking of.

Put it in the pool room and sell it when he retires.. You'll ger enough to supercharge your Falcon (whatever it may be at the time) :
00000000000HHHHHH !!!!!! NOW THERE IS A THOUGHT LOL, :
Old 04-06-2005, 11:31 PM   #22
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
00000000000HHHHHH !!!!!! NOW THERE IS A THOUGHT LOL, :
Just helps to put it into perspective I find :

Old 05-06-2005, 01:00 AM   #23
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

I don't think Matt Hayden's signature will be worth that much Casper lol.. Unless it is the actual bat he hit the 380 with.

And i never liked Gray Nicks, I preferred my old Slazenger V100. 48 runs in three overs, then they made me retire, stupid high school equal opportunity rules lol...

Dan..

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
Old 05-06-2005, 06:00 AM   #24
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DON BRADMAN SIGNED COLLECTORS BAT $2,750.00
BRADMAN AND LARWOOD SIGNED BODYLINE $5,500.00
CRICKET BALL SIGNED BY BRETT LEE $695.00
CRICKET BALL SIGNED BY SHANE WARNE 500TH $770.00
ALAN BORDER SIGNED CRICKET BAT $1,100.00

Just a few more prices, and i would say you can get them a little cheaper than this if you haggled a bit, I see your bat as it is not framed as per the first example ($1500) somewhere between $500 to $750 maybe more but doubt it, remembering what its worth and what you get may be 2 differant things as buyer will need to make thier money and make a judgement regarding if they can turn a profit, i would say definatley dont use it out the back yard, if you have any paperwork even from ford keep it with the bat, and a dealer would probably pay around $300 - $350 and a buyer at this point ?? if it were me i would part with no more than $500 and that would be stretching it. i dont see it rising greatly in value over time in a great way as the other framed bats would hold better long term value.

Quote:
I have a bat signed by Steve Waugh, its in the cuboard somewhere, but my mindless brother dropped it and now it has a dint. One day it might be worth something..who knows.
Not one of these is it ?

STEVE WAUGH SIGNED ODI BAT $1,950.00
Old 05-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #25
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yes i am very much an AUSSIE. but sports bore me the ones i like are 1st, motor racing , 2nd , boxing , 3rd, rugby league,
So how do you think Kostya will go or is it all over now have'nt heard anything ?

Go the Blues for origin.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 05-06-2005, 09:08 AM   #26
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

If it's a very limited edition then it'll be worth quite a tidy sum down the track. If it was me, I'd stick it in a case and mount it over the bar (and that would give me an excuse to build a bar).
Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #27
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

The value of it will really come down to how the media portray Hayden after he retires. In some cases they can dramatically effect the value of items with a simple "he was an aussie legend" comment or "he was average". Either way, $1000 or so (at best) is nothing to be sneezed at for free.

Old 05-06-2005, 05:48 PM   #28
gtfpv
GT

yeah thanks guys . even $300 is more than i thought $500 i'm flattered, yes it is good for free. its nice to know that i may have something of significance which puts a perspective on looking at it. i thought it was only worth about 50 bucks i'm glad i didn't give it to my 4year old son to damage the colour bond fences with and play tug of war with the GERMAN SHEPHARD. thanks guys.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:31 PM   #29
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yeah i won one of those bats as well

http://www.stfocus.net/rcgallery/cricket

and the g/f won one as well, so now we have 2 lol. think we might keep them both hehe

Chris
Old 08-06-2005, 11:42 PM   #30
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Dude did 50 people only enter that?!!!!

It has a Ford logo on it, it HAS to be priceless. I reckon the Ford logo probably adds another 50 rwkw to that bat.