Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
NJM586

Default Slipping clutch

Hey Guys,

Got my 30k service done today cost $170 now in another thread i complained about my gearbox well got it looked at today and my clutch is slipping they say it is really bad now ford quoted me $1000 to get the clutch replaced is that roughly the cost or can it be done cheaper ? if so does it have to be at ford ?

any info will be greatly appreciated

NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

You're clutch is rooted in 30k
Old 16-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
NJM586

tell me about it i think it should be under warranty i haven't raced it i drive like a granny and shift at 2500 3000 rpm every day but its the clutch and ford will always say you destroyed it and what annoys me more is that i told ford of this problem at 15,000 km but they said it was normal i can tell you no there is no chance im paying a grand to them to fix the clutch were i no it can be done cheaper the advantages of your best mate being a mechanic all i have to do is buy the clutch we will see how much ford slug me for a new clutch
Old 16-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

No it doesn't have to be a Ford for replacement
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Wasn't their an issue with the clutches in fiestas. Something about the clutch assembly sticking causing the slipping symptoms you describe... Have an ask.

Also, what is your left doing while it is not depressed on the clutch, do you leave it resting on the pedal?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
NJM586

Twinpiston - hmm very intresting i will ask ford about that and come to think about it yeh my foot does rest on the pedal at times :
Old 16-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

didn't your nazi driving instructor ever tell you not to do that?! jk :
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
NJM586

Ok my clutch is not as bad as i thought thank god but just to be safe im sourcing a clutch from europe as ford are asking for rediculess pricing just for the clutch itself got quoted $700 now i have searched through the net and http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/Fiesta have clutches the only problem is i dont no what my car is to the euro car i have a LX model and the only cars on the web site are Fiesta Mk.6 Zetec, Fiesta Mk.6 Zetec-S , Fiesta Mk.6 Zetec-S TDCI anyone have an idea on which car it is ?
Old 24-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Mk 6 Zetec has the same engine & gear box as LX. Zetec S has same engine, but different ratios in the gear box
Old 24-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #10
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

my guess is that its as kiwijohn suggested, it will be the mk.6 zetec. If you've got an LX, it will have different ratios to the european zetec-s. Definetely wont be the TDCI as thats the diesel model..... wish we did have the disiesel over here though... :

But you should check with someone who knows their stuff first. imagine getting the wrong one :
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

You will need to tell them you have either a Mk6 pre facelift or facelift (WP and WQ) 1.6 zetec se engine. Their zetec is the same as our zetec. Then their was an LX in the pre facelift, but most likely won't list on the web.

Most important though is the engine size and model, (as someone suggested the WQ zetec has different ratios)
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post