Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
saladine1
Starter Motor

Default Forza Motorsport 4 Ford Falcon XB GT Video and other stuff :)

Here's a couple of videos I made showcasing some stuff from the Xbox 360 game called Forza Motorsport 4.
One major aspect that hits you is the amazing sounds!

First off, the Ford XB GT with George Miller (Mad Max) narration intro:

Forza 4 Ford Falcon XB GT Mad Max Intro - YouTube

Forza 4 sounds

Forza 4 Sounds Dump Valves Supercharger Turbo BOV Exhaust - YouTube

Aston Martin DBR9

Forza 4 Sounds Aston Martin DBR9 Manual Shifting Effects - YouTube

Amazing game so far!

saladine1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Ford Falcon XB GT Video and other stuff :)

that does look cool!!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

love the xb gt looks real
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Why has nobody done EXACTLY what I will do when I finally get my hands on the game...

1) Get/Unlock XB GT
2) Do Burnouts/Drift/Skid/Have some fun!!
3) Watch Replay
4) Post Replay on YouTube
Old 12-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
FPVGT500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love it all i wanted in a racing game was aussie cars GT5 failed that for me going to get this game for sure
FPVGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

This game is super impressive.
1 big question for the guys who have the xbox360, (as I have never had an xbox, just playstations ps1 and 2 only, not a 3)..
The 360 has been out for a fair while now, is it getting close to being supersceeded at all with a newer model??
And if I was to buy one, what size hard drive and what accessories should I consider??
(Thanks in advance)

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xbox360 still has awesome graphics with all the newer games that are coming out and still has a good frame rate. Dont need a big hardrive unless you load save dvd's and stuff onto your hardrive. I had my xbox since release and i was a MASSIVE nerd and never got off the thing and had "every" game and i still have more than 50% data left on my hardrive and i had the small 13gb hardrive. Hope this helps.
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
1 big question for the guys who have the xbox360, (as I have never had an xbox, just playstations ps1 and 2 only, not a 3)..
The 360 has been out for a fair while now, is it getting close to being supersceeded at all with a newer model??
And if I was to buy one, what size hard drive and what accessories should I consider??
(Thanks in advance)
A new xbox 360 with upgraded hardware was released last year I think.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #9
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by saladine1
Here's a couple of videos I made showcasing some stuff from the Xbox 360 game called Forza Motorsport 4.
One major aspect that hits you is the amazing sounds!

First off, the Ford XB GT with George Miller (Mad Max) narration intro:

Sorry have to correct you there... that voice isnt George Miller.
Its Harrod Biagent....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
Donny

Thanks fellas, I'll do myself sum homework so I know what one to get re updated model etc..

Old 12-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the same except the most recent version has "some chip" to protect from the red rings of death.
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #12
Donny

Are they all that xbox kinect setups now, or do ya need to buy that extra??
Do I need extra controllers or cables etc??

Old 12-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #13
1TUFFUTE
Banned

the new xbox slim is way diff from the older one. Its smaller quieter...nicer looking...runs much cooler...has cool tech like big inbuilt hardrive....lazer touch sensor on/off/eject buttons (these r awesome). Also you can use up to 4 16 gig usbs at once and has the fastest wireless wifi setup you can get inbuilt allready.Not to mention all the inside upgrades to fix bugs/red rings and heaps of other stuff not worth mentioning. Forza 4 will be pretty much pushing the xbox to its max espescially with kinect available which makes the game awesome. You can even just talk to your xbox to tell it where you want to go next. (for eg...im tuning a car then i just say "xbox...free run" and you save button and waiting time..it takes you straight there. Its awesome.Plus you can use head tracking while your racing with the controller to look beside you if you wish.

My biggest hate is there is no aussie tracks hence no BATHURST which really sucks...But allmost making up for that is the Falcon GT. Looks and sounds amazing and ive been testing it against alot of the american muscle...it is VERY competitive with only the world record running cars giving it a run for its money (plymoth barricuda and the dato 510) ...which for me and my mates who have held multiple world drag records is unbelivably mad.

Oh and xbox has halted the making of the next xbox till further notice ive read so the new slim is it for alleast a couple more years id guess.Like i always say..."xbox is for gamers..playstation is for kids"
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #14
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Are they all that xbox kinect setups now, or do ya need to buy that extra??
Do I need extra controllers or cables etc??
Kinect comes with most xbox packs now man. They all just had a big price drop too of like 100$. You put the sensor on your tv or similar and it plugs in the back of the xbox and another into power socket. No controllers are needed...except for the ussual controllers for the non kinect games. get yaself some wireless controllers with battery packs.You get a cord to recharge them when needed then. They are very worth it.Kinect is pretty precise...easy to use and super good for kids games esspescially. Besides F4 there are some top kinect games coming out this year...as 80% so far r like dance/fighting/kids or fitness games. It seriously makes the playstation move and Wii setups look ten years old.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
Oh and xbox has halted the making of the next xbox till further notice ive read so the new slim is it for alleast a couple more years id guess.Like i always say..."xbox is for gamers..playstation is for kids"
360 is supposed to last until 2015 somehow.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #16
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
360 is supposed to last until 2015 somehow.
Easy man...have you seen how good the new slim is over the fatty 360...and the graphics in the new Battlefield # and Forza 4 show right now they r only just getting games at its pottential...
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #17
Donny

Thanks again guys.
I just had a quick look at 2 catalogues I had in the mail, and theres the 4gb kinect for $359 at dick smith, and jb hi fi has the 360 with 250gb console, 2 games, wireless controller, headset and hdmi cable for $449, but that says nothing about having kinect there, so I take it that one dosent come with kinect..
So Im not sure what the go is there... To be honest, I have zero experiance with doing gaming online and I dont really see myself saving DVD movies to it either. It could be handy if it can record digital TV into .AVI files to dump to my pc, but I dont have Foxtel etc.
Is there any other reason to want big hard drive space on it??

Iv no idea about this new slim model either, so have to consider that too..

Im only seriously considering buying the console because of Forza 4.. I thought Bathurst was gunna be on it, but if its not, thats not a dealbreaker.. I really only play driving games, like Need for Speed, Grand Theft Auto, Driver, Gran Turismo etc.. Those are really the only kinda games I like for myself, and Im buying it for myself.. I was considering getting a PS3 in the next few months until I saw the Forza clips..

Old 13-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #18
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Thanks again guys.
I just had a quick look at 2 catalogues I had in the mail, and theres the 4gb kinect for $359 at dick smith, and jb hi fi has the 360 with 250gb console, 2 games, wireless controller, headset and hdmi cable for $449, but that says nothing about having kinect there, so I take it that one dosent come with kinect..
So Im not sure what the go is there... To be honest, I have zero experiance with doing gaming online and I dont really see myself saving DVD movies to it either. It could be handy if it can record digital TV into .AVI files to dump to my pc, but I dont have Foxtel etc.
Is there any other reason to want big hard drive space on it??

Iv no idea about this new slim model either, so have to consider that too..

Im only seriously considering buying the console because of Forza 4.. I thought Bathurst was gunna be on it, but if its not, thats not a dealbreaker.. I really only play driving games, like Need for Speed, Grand Theft Auto, Driver, Gran Turismo etc.. Those are really the only kinda games I like for myself, and Im buying it for myself.. I was considering getting a PS3 in the next few months until I saw the Forza clips..

sounds to me bro like you shouldnt bother with kinect...forza doesnt need it...it just has some cool diff features you can play with but they are rather laid back stuff. Oh and if you want get xbox live for 79ish $ a year then you can trial any game for free and even get foxtel easy and much cheaper thru your xbox. You can also hire and download the latest movies and tv shows. gran turismo is garbage compared to F4...(no disrespect to ps3 owners ) but there online is free...but then again theres much less limitation to the good stuff....you pay for xboxlive cus its 100 times better.
Is pay 450$ for Forza 4 easy haha
Old 13-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi a virgin xbox user here.lol always had ps ps2 ps3 never looked at a xbox but with forza 4 i had to make the switch.i bought a pre owned console from eb games it only has a 20gb hd ($125) but its external so you can buy a 250gb on ebay for around $60-$70, but for now it will be ok for what i want to do with it.i also got forza 3 last sunday to hone the skills in readyness for forza 4,the hardest part of the switch was convicing the mrs i need 3 consoles lol
ps havnt told her about the new game i need to buy today yet....
Oxa384 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #20
EATHSV
Oo---oO

Why oh why can't you do custom paint jobs with sponsers and graphics on GT5. The XB looks tuff as too!

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #21
Donny

Id say in all honesty if GT5 is as bad as Iv heard, whoever is making it these days will have to take a hard look at games like Forza 4 and raise their bar..
They need to do this before too many others like myself who have traditionally only ever bought Playstation stuff end up converting to Xbox..

Old 13-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #22
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have been contemplating buying a 360 just for Forza 4 but looking at some game play footage it doesn't look like much of a simulator. I'm super picky with these types of games, the only reason i play GT5 is because the driving dynamics are pretty bang on.
I just have this feeling i will buy Forza 4 and it wont be up to my expectations. For me the most important thing is the driving dynamics if that isn't up to scratch then I'm not interested.
If anyone out there can convince me that the driving dynamics are equal to or better than GT5 then ill most likely buy it.
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #23
theboxmike

No normal Falcon or F6 AGAIN!!?? GRRR

i love Forza but i desperately want my Falcon to race against all those noob heads online
theboxmike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #24
theboxmike

Quote:
(Thanks in advance)
End of 2012 will be the last of the 360 Holiday Exclusives if you get what i mean. 2013 is when it will be succeed (abit probably christmas 2013).
theboxmike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #25
smally289
growing up is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
Have been contemplating buying a 360 just for Forza 4 but looking at some game play footage it doesn't look like much of a simulator. I'm super picky with these types of games, the only reason i play GT5 is because the driving dynamics are pretty bang on.
I just have this feeling i will buy Forza 4 and it wont be up to my expectations. For me the most important thing is the driving dynamics if that isn't up to scratch then I'm not interested.
If anyone out there can convince me that the driving dynamics are equal to or better than GT5 then ill most likely buy it.
Have you tried R Factor?
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #26
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol. The rearview mirror angles to the passenger side.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #27
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
Have you tried R Factor?
Ive heard that its very good but not really into computer games
Old 15-10-2011, 04:57 AM   #28
1TUFFUTE
Banned

SERIOUSLY..U JUST SAID THE DRIVING DYNAMICS IN GT5 ARE GOOD....bro you can still rail a car around a corner wagainst a wall without DAMAGE OR LOSS OF SPEED. aND THE CARS SOUND garbage. I spent 2 hours tonight in the autovista section in F4 all i did was start up ferraris..ford GTs..hummers..and drool over how good they sounded.

If ya for real just get with the program and get forza. GT5 is a kids game...and thats not a joke.
Old 15-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #29
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you have a few beers before you posted this or were you buzzing on caffeine because its all over the place.

Been doing some more comparing with Forza 4 and its looking to be an alright sim.
F4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPd0ATqvoJM
Real Life - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPd0ATqvoJM
Old 15-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #30
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
Did you have a few beers before you posted this or were you buzzing on caffeine because its all over the place.

Been doing some more comparing with Forza 4 and its looking to be an alright sim.
F4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPd0ATqvoJM
Real Life - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPd0ATqvoJM
Hate to tell you this, but you posted the same video twice.