Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Uni

Default LW Focus problems

Hi all,

It's been a little while!

Picked up a new LW Trend a couple of months back. It's got 4,500kms on the clock now.

I've had a couple of problems already, which is pretty disappointing. Two in particular are bugging me at the moment:

1. A rattle in the centre console under the cigarette lighter socket. It's gone back to the dealer to be fixed. They replaced the cigarette lighter socket, but ignored my instructions and failed to secure the rattling components underneath it.

2. A creak in front suspension when going over speed bumps and steeper driveways. This I have only just noticed, but seems to be a pretty common issue in the US. I haven't taken it back to the dealership, will wait and see how it goes and if it doesn't settle down before the 15,000km service, I'll have them try to fix it then.

Just wondering whether other people are having any similar problems (or problems at all - might as well have a general thread on the issue), and whether they have found resolutions.

Cheers
R/.

Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
BecW
Starter Motor

Default Re: LW Focus problems

Hey there, I have a titanium and I haven't had any problems with mine. Although I have lowered mine 2 inches on the front and 3 on the back. So my suspension is a bit different then yours would be. Take it back and let them know. Just keep bugging them until they fix it.
BecW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LW Focus problems

Obviously your dealer does not have this poster in their work shop.