Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Another house bites the dust...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-1...apping/2905684
Quote:
Man struck as car smashes through house

A young family is lucky to be alive after a car crashed through a home in the northern Perth suburb of Tapping.

Police say the car, which was travelling at high speed, crashed through the front lounge room window of the home in Ashley Road about 7:00 pm last night.

It continued on through the kitchen into the family room and out the back wall coming to a rest on the patio.

A man inside the house, Ian Keep, was hit by the car and was taken to hospital where his injuries are being assessed.

His wife and young son escaped injury.

His wife Victoria says she was putting her two and a half year old son Blain to bed when she heard a clap like thunder.

She says she thought there had been a gas explosion but then realised a car had crashed through the house.

Victoria Keep says she rushed out to find her husband but had to dig him out from under the rubble.

"I was screaming for my husband," she said.

"I went out the back of the house and he was buried under rubble and I had to dig him out.

"He was covered in blood and I didn't know what was going on, I didn't know if he was ok or not."

A neighbour says he heard the commotion and rushed outside thinking a tree had fallen on the house.

He says the driver attempted to flee but the young man was caught by police.

Police say the 24 year-old driver is likely to be charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.

The family had moved to Perth just four months ago from the UK.

It is now waiting to hear if their rented house must be demolished.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Default Re: Another house bites the dust...

What a dopey f..k!
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

should rename tapping to smashing
Old 19-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it'd been my house and my kids just escaping death or injury, an old saying would seem appropriate...

"Geez, I'm glad you survived that accident mate...I'd hate you to miss the beating I'm about to give you..."
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
gtfpv
GT

the really bad thing about this , is the alcohol . that means no insurace . it makes me sick to my stomach . i hope they put this 24 year old in jail for 24 years . glad they got him too . what a low life for trying to run away .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
the really bad thing about this , is the alcohol . that means no insurace . it makes me sick to my stomach . i hope they put this 24 year old in jail for 24 years . glad they got him too . what a low life for trying to run away .
Yep, hopefully they have home insurance...the owner will get his house fixed (it's a rental so it should have insurance), and the insurance company will be the ones doing the chasing of the moron for a return.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Seems like there's been a few houses jumping into the path of moving cars the last few days..?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Seems like there's been a few houses jumping into the path of moving cars the last few days..?
"Houses" the new power pole!
Old 19-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

These muppets that crash into people's houses need to be jailed. Pretty much every car v house incident in Perth this year has been caused by ****y driving or asshattery on the road immediately prior to the crash.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there was that one in WA few years back, some muppet killed a woman and her child out the front of their house???..
heartbreaking stuff this sort of crap can change lives forever...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
there was that one in WA few years back, some muppet killed a woman and her child out the front of their house???..
heartbreaking stuff this sort of crap can change lives forever...
The woman survived, her 11 month old baby named Grace was catapulted out of her pram into a wall out the front of the house, which subsequently collapsed on her because of the crash and was killed

Said muppet tried to overtake several cars and a bus and when he clipped one of the cars and lost it and had a high range BAC from memory.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin

Last edited by Road_Warrior; 19-09-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Corrected some facts of the incident
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
The woman survived, her 9 month old baby named Grace was catapulted out of her pram into a wall out the front of the house and killed

Said muppet tried to overtake several cars and a bus and when he lost it and had a high range BAC from memory.
that must be the one , like how the **** would you deal with that sort of thing.. heartbreaking stuff...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #13
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
Im sure the insurance company of the driver would be looking for other ways out, there was a mention of high speed and dangerous driving......which Im guessing was a little higher than just the 50kph suburban street limit.

At the end of the day Im glad that the creton in charge of the car will have to be responsible for the cost of his/her actions rather than getting it taken care of by an insurance company.....which ultimately costs us all in increased premiums.

True if they are unable to meet their obligations at least the landlord/ insurance company(no sympathy here for those that risk not having insurance) will make sure they recover everything they can and make life as miserable as possible for the miscreant.
sudszy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #14
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my G/F was only telling me last night that she heard some clown hooning up her street, looked out the window to see said car crossed up heading for her mums house across the road then spinning around and just stopped facing G/F`s house. The scary part is her and her kids (youngest 6) walk across the road several times a day... they didnt get his plate dammit, If i was there at the time said tool would not have a car to drive for a while..