Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Default Who the hell is running this dog and pony show?

Was heading down Burwood Highway this afternoon (passenger in mum's car) coming home from work in the middle lane and had some toolhead come fanging past on the right lane in a little silver Honda coupe thing sitting ridiculously close to the white line the seperated his lane from ours.

He didn't seem fazed about how close he was to us, but my mum being the horrible driver that she is (I'm allowed to say that, right?) panicked when she saw him and jumped to the left, keeping in the middle lane but still swerving across, which I hate.

Anyway, I watched this bell-end in the Honda keep cruising, swerving left and right, entering the middle lane twice before jerking the wheel back into the right. Mobile phone in one hand, cigarette in the other, palm on the wheel.

What I wanna know is, who do I call to lag this clown in? The way I see it, one less car on Burwood Highway at 4:15 in the PM is a bonus. One less ******** on the roads statewide, even better.

Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
Was heading down Burwood Highway this afternoon (passenger in mum's car) coming home from work in the middle lane and had some toolhead come fanging past on the right lane in a little silver Honda coupe thing sitting ridiculously close to the white line the seperated his lane from ours.

He didn't seem fazed about how close he was to us, but my mum being the horrible driver that she is (I'm allowed to say that, right?) panicked when she saw him and jumped to the left, keeping in the middle lane but still swerving across, which I hate.

Anyway, I watched this bell-end in the Honda keep cruising, swerving left and right, entering the middle lane twice before jerking the wheel back into the right. Mobile phone in one hand, cigarette in the other, palm on the wheel.

What I wanna know is, who do I call to lag this clown in? The way I see it, one less car on Burwood Highway at 4:15 in the PM is a bonus. One less ******** on the roads statewide, even better.
That would'nt be the same sort of guy who sticks his head out of the window of a moving car would it???
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Take his rego.. and report him to the police..
You could actually take video footage of him as the police can then use that as evidence.. where as all they can do is warn the driver or watch the driver for another time.. but unless you know if he is on that same stretch at the same time every day.. not much hope in getting the police to do much..
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon91
That would'nt be the same sort of guy who sticks his head out of the window of a moving car would it???
ha ha Woz .. kind of gotcha on that in a way eh :
Old 12-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
hey, can't you stick your head out when driving up your drive way :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:12 PM   #6
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
With no one else around and a clear, straight stretch of road with extra special attention paid to the circumstances before exiting said vehicle, I think that sort of situation is slightly different to someone who was doing, as I said, more than what my mum was doing (the legal 80ks) while obviously paying little to no attention to the road.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
hey, can't you stick your head out when driving up your drive way :P
yeah you could.. but you wouldn't have gotten the same results as our dear Woz did...
That was at .. how fast again ... ha ha
Old 12-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #8
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
With no one else around and a clear, straight stretch of road with extra special attention paid to the circumstances before exiting said vehicle, I think that sort of situation is slightly different to someone who was doing, as I said, more than what my mum was doing (the legal 80ks) while obviously paying little to no attention to the road.
Just a joke Woz!
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
Nappa
Impressive...

trust me there is no shortage of idiots on burwood hwy. just yesterday when i was waiting for traffic as i was turining right into a side street some idiot in a old 3 series tries to cut up the inside of me as im crossing the other lane.
When ur entering a side street off a major road the last thing you expect is a another car trying to do the same thing at the same time, but up the inside.

I mean what kind of person does something. It wasnt a calculated risk it was sheer reckless we came very close to biffing our front corners.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #10
XRchic
Hello

Was probably from Adelaide. I know that at least 75% of the population here have NO idea how to drive on a highway/freeway/multi laned road!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #11
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Might have been from Sydney? lots can't drive properly here, especially those in FULLY Sic WRX's
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #12
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Calling in people like that does nothing.

We saw one of those 1 tonne tipper type trucks swerving to the wrong side of the road, going down the middle line occasionally, speeding up to 100kmh+ then slowing down to ~40kmh randomly.. obviously drunk.. called in the plates, explained exactly where he was, even stayed on the phone as he did this right past a police station (while we're sitting there telling them to get a cop to walk outside and see for themselves) and they just said "Thanks for the call, we'll call you back if we need any more info" and hung up.

There was easily 4-5 cars he nearly took out that had to swerve hard to avoid him.. including some oncoming.. but they won't do anything about it.

Squeel a tyre for half a second accidently off a lights, and get your license cut to pieces and be paying off fines for the next decade.

Makes sense to me.

Maybe if it had a P plate on it they would've gone after him..
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #13
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think there seems to be bad drivers in just about every state..

I was actually told by an officer up here (Qld) that if you have a video camera handy and do film them, then front up to make a complaint, they actually have to act on it..
The level of action is really up to the station though.. which sometimes can be nothing much at all..
Old 12-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #14
LTD351T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some police stations are very understaffed, I know the local one here often has no-body in it, I went in when our house was robbed, there was no one in the station, and phone just rang out. They don't even have enough staff to man the counter, officers man the desk but leave when they have to, so I guess they have to prioritise what they do.

I know if you phtograph people who are parked illegally in disabled places they do send them a fine.
LTD351T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #15
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
With no one else around and a clear, straight stretch of road
What about the guy behind you. hahah
j/k.
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #16
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
What about the guy behind you. hahah
j/k.
I can give you his name, address, phone number and rego number if you want. He lives in Vermont South. He was following because the two cars were coming back from Phillip Island together. He was far enough away not to be an issue.

Besides, Pintara wagons are enough of a safety hazard on their own. :thebirds:
Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #17
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They've been talking about a dob in a bad driver scheme here for a while. They have it working successfully in NZ I'm told. Basically bus drivers, taxi drivers, and other nominated driver groups report dangerous behaviour. Ironic when most taxi's I've been in recently ipitimise the worst of drivers.

Anyhow, when enough reports are made you get in strife. Nothing here yet to my knowledge...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #18
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post