Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
Ibrox90
Banned

Default The Coolest moments of your life?

I was just thinking today,

I'm only 20 a youngin' really and in my few short years I've had some pretty cool stuff happen to me.

I met My childhood hero Michael Schumacher at Silverstone BEFORE he won his first world championship.

I met Murray Walker twice, once in the paddock at Silverstone and again in the paddock at Clipsal 500 in Adelaide.

Litterally Ran into Richard Hammond in heathrow airport. well actually he walked into me.

The highlight of my driving career was when my old boss (i worked in a pizza place delivering) chucked me his keys and said to take his car......................which was a heavily modded Bright red 68 corvette stingray with 10 inch rubber on the back and 500rwhp

Now I think about it the the guy I delivered it to must have been shocked.

So I'm thinking I'm 20 and I've had that happen. SURELY some of you oldies on here must have had some cool stuff happen to you

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
AussieAV

I had a pizza deivered to my house once .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................

Nope can't think of any other cool things.......................... I need to get out more!

Glad to see you've had an interesting start to life Ibrox90... keep it up !
Originally Posted by flappist
Some people drive to go places others go places to drive.......
AussieAV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

I am 18 and quite boring, have never had anything really interesting happen to me tbh.

All I know is the most I have ever enjoyed something car related was a cruise where I drove through 3 or so towns with 50-60 odd other XR's, T-series and FPV's.
Me being the youngest person there and the car still getting as many looks and waves as any others. - Was also the first time I had been on a club run with my P's.

Was pretty cool. (told ya I am a boring person haha)

But yeah nothing interesting that scales up to your story Ibrox90; pretty good stuff thats for sure.

Good idea for a thread though.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie

Last edited by Coyote mk3; 17-02-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
2002au
Define definitive

marcos ambrose sent me a card!! no bull. was a few years ago just before symmonds plains was on. thats was VERY cool!
BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm 20 and my life has been pretty boring thus far. Never really had any standout moments. A boring person with a boring life basically . I've never met anybody famous, never been north of Sydney and never been west of Adelaide. I guess I have had a lot of slightly cool moments though, having good times with mates, hitting some cool clubs, but that's about it.
Old 17-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine is not car related so prob not really related to what you are asking but here goes

1... the birth of my first child a healthy girl now 9 yrs old
2... the birth of my second child a healthy boy now 6 yrs old
3... the birth of my third child a boy now 3 yrs old

now i am guessing you would be asking why the no healthy boy bit on the end . that is because when he was born he was not to healthy

a month stay in RCH melb fixed him up

4... getting my boy home after surgery at RCH

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Spending $400 on shots on my 18th birthday in Surfers Paradise with free entry into most of the clubs.

Now for the opposite

Working as much as possible to re coupe those loses and register my ute -_-
Old 17-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Im 18. Most interesting things were the road trips we used to do before the times turned to poo. Went as far north as Noosa QLD, as far east as Port Pirie SA via Broken Hill (and the famous Silverton ), as far south as the Great Ocean road via the east coast through Melbourne. We were going to go Lightning ridge but... well the road trips were the best thing ever.
Was pretty cool getting the subaru through some muddy stuff and over some steep stuff without low range...

Other than that nothing....

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #9
AcidTrip

Join the Army. I enlisted at 17 and I'm 22 now. I've experienced far more than people twice my age could ever hope to experience in their lifetime. Mind you, I can't post any of said experiences on the net either.
AcidTrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #10
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

25 and the coolest moments in my life are when the thermometer drops below zero. What a life.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #11
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im not sure whether these moments are cool to other's, but to me they were!

Getting my car and driving for the first time =] on my own

Having conversations with Frosty, Seton and Ingall amongst others, great blokes!

Got invited into supercheap auto racing pits!

First time walking over Mt.Panorama, could NOT BELIEVE how steep it is.

There are others that are probably better and worse, but i cant be nipped going into depth!
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #12
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MEETING MACGYVER!

Thats me on the right (dressed up like macgyver with mullet wig, leather jacket and Phoenix foundation shirt), and Richard Dean Anderson on the left. (he'll be 62 now!)

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #13
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

At 24 i finished 5th out of 80 odd in a Karaoke comp at the New talent awards in Tamworth ..

I still have the T-shirt and many X-girlfriends have worn it as a bed shirt...

I was the only out of towner to run a place and a couple of Jim Beam girls took me back to Sydney with them for two weeks

I'm guessing i had more fun than the line dancers on the bus back to the Goldie...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #14
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Im 20 as well..seems to be the cool age on here.

Have had some cool things happen and had some real crap things happen.

cool things:
-built 2 custom dual cab GQ patrols with my cousin and another mate

-done photochop artwork for house of kolor and meguiars boss of australia Andrew Spira and they painted their VE GTS in the exact same paint scheme. Was invited to summernats 21 to meet him and look at the car. Scored a heap of freebies and met a lot of people.

-my photochop artwork was also used for a custom bonnet design that was made in fibreglass and sold australia wide. The aggressor bonnet for those interested.

-bought my first v8..my xe and love it to death.

-was given a 1967 XR falcon 500 wagon off my uncle.

more things that i can add but cant remember lol

not so cool:
-sister was killed in a freak show ride accident at the rylstone show in 1997. Never ending court cases and front cover exposure of our family in every major newspaper for ages.

-my dad had kidney problems for years and was on dialysis for 4 hours every few days and unfortunately passed away in 2000 just 12 days before my 10th birthday.

So yeah 2 monster blows to my childhood but believe I am much stronger because of it and try and do as much as I can because I never know when my time could be up.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #15
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

My family has a richer history than I; nevertheless, I'll share my boring experiences!

1: meeting the last 3 lord mayors of the city of Adelaide. This is always at
Christmas pageants. My grandfather was the lord mayor in the 60's and our family got tickets for the grandstand and afterparty every year.

2: my first ever drags at Heathcote last year. That was great fun! One of the top moments in my life.

3: my 21st. Probably the best night I've had ever! With the muscle cars, good food, good friends and copious amounts of alcohol, it was a great night.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #16
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Been around a few high up aussie pollies due to work circumstances however for me:

1. Getting my first car
2. Getting a better car
3. Getting my V8
4. Getting a full time job and being accepted into uni.
5. Realising I'm with the girl I want to marry
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:16 AM   #17
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i was 10 years old i walked past a mirror and glance'd at the reflection and relised how rediculously good looking i am.....

NAH! lol (Zoolander quote)

1st time drag racing was a big thrill (even better knowing my car is an ex cop chaser) teehee!

Propposal 5 weeks ago!

Roadtrip around Tasmania in my car ferried over by the "spirit of tasmania" with my girlfriend 14 days on the road and meeting up with auntys/auncles hadnt seen in Tas since 1991. (late last year) Camping at National parks.

1st car/ first GF/ 1st "hide the sausage" with her..
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:27 AM   #18
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

hahaha first hide the sausage

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #19
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'm a Ford tragic and at 29 have had an amazing life so far, I count my blessings all the time. The best moment for me to date that isn't family/love/mate related (which is all I really care for) was getting offered my job at Ford nearly 7 years ago. Not only was it a dream come true, but it has become mostly an ongoing dream to this day for this 29 year old Ford tragic!

As much as I love my job, it still only exists to ultimately let me live a happy life. I just figured that having a job you love means you spend more of your precious family and friend time happy and appreciating the most important moments in life.

Coolest life moments would be recently getting engaged to a beautiful woman, living overseas and learning a second language, learning to SCUBA dive and now attempting to learn sign language to communicate with my fiancees family.

Coolest work moments are maybe more interesting to fellow fordforums members, but driving everything from unreleased future models to the latest performance models over the years has been really cool. Best ever was probably my weekend in a then brand new BF GT-P in black with orange stripes as a 25 year old. Epic

Last edited by zetec; 18-02-2011 at 02:40 AM.
zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #20
sanchoXB

Buying a new car is always cool but the coolest was cruising home after I bought my XB GT.

I have met: Allan Moffatt, Don Mclean, Glen Campbell, Normie Rowe, Harry (from Cat Empire), Tommy Emmanuel, C W Stoneking,

My wedding was pretty cool also

Going to Vietnam in 2 weeks, that should be pretty cool.
sanchoXB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #21
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
MEETING MACGYVER!

Thats me on the right (dressed up like macgyver with mullet wig, leather jacket and Phoenix foundation shirt), and Richard Dean Anderson on the left. (he'll be 62 now!)

thats General Jack O'Neill! he is my idol!!! where did u meet him? THAT IS COOL!!!

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #22
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving alone for the first time.
Buying my First house at 21.
Having my son
Will be getting married in 3 months
Scoring second place in Rural SA Burnout comp in a NA EB 6 was pretty cool too.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #23
sleek7

Main thing I can think of is literally meeting.....Mel Gibson
Back when I was a kid, a few houses up the road lived Mel's sister and I was best mates with her son (mel's nephew)(this was primary school days mind you). Then one day when I was over at his place climbing a tree in the front yard of all things, I remeber seeing a black van rock up out the front of the house with a really dark tint.
Dont remember much more than that, but my old lady came over to say hello and what not and was told by Mel I was a fine looking aussie boy :P
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well im 19, but i had alot of good times when i was young, mum seems to think its time for me to grow up lol, when dad had the first gt in town and he used to drop me of to school in it, buying my ba xr6 !!! loosing my virginity sorry i had to say it, getting expelled from school, buying my boat, catching a 92cm murray cod, going to summernats and winton, going in a v8 supercar when i was 11 at eastern creek with mal rose, pitty it was a holden, getting the best fighter of the night, buying my first car ( vn commodore ) although me and a friend had a telstar, hz ute with 253, nissan navara and a dune buggy and vp commodore and a xf ute all when we were 13and they were our paddock bashers, operating my first machine at 13 ( old mitsubishi grader ) theres been plenty, but all when i was young, now im 19 and everyone is pushing me to mature ! my girlfriend at the current time got told not to go out with me because ill just end up behind bars, so i guess thats telling me to mature quickly !! so im guessing the good times will stop from now on....
Old 18-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
anto
Za Dom spremni

apart from the birth of my kids, being able to work with Peter jackson of Lord of the rings fame was pretty amazing,..top bloke.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #26
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm 22 and I spose I've had some really amazing experiences.

Getting my license and having had an XC ute, XF pano and XT wagon. All great things and a lot of fun.

At 18 I moved up to Byron Bay, I was planning to stay for 2 weeks and ended up living there for 4 months.
I met someone and moved to Canada after traveling East Coast/Tasmania with them.
I've traveled coast to coast of Canada and back, I've snowboarded and hiked the rockies multiple times and lived over there for two years with plans of going back.
The amount of things I experienced there was incredible and too many to mention, however the coolest (apart from life in general and meeting all the people), was having my first out of body experience, changed my life
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #27
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

- Getting my first loan for my ute
- Realising that a chick liked me more than a friend
- Getting married to that same chick
- Having a son with her
- Having to move well away from our parents just so we can get work
Old 18-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #28
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

- Buying my old T3 TE50 at 22
- Any time I beat the old man on the race track in his own car
- Buying my house at 24
- Travelling Europe with mates at 22

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #29
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

I'm 46 and I don't think you would want to read a long list of moments I felt were really cool in my life. My user name at Youtube and a few other places is 1001hobbies, and that is very descriptive. Besides that, I am fascinated by everything.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #30
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I have had a lot of unbelievable cool moments. Met alot of famous people and not so famous people. (John Bowe, Murray Carter, Victor Bray, Jamie Whincup, Wayne Draper to name a few from motor racing.) and I have done a lot of amazing things.

The best moments have been meeting Jack and the birth of our two sons. Also getting the all clear from the doctors last year for cancer...That was awesome!!

One of the most memorable (and funny) moments would have to be back in the early 1990's flying from Perth to Sydney with the entire Manly Rugby Team and playing drinking games on the plane until just before it landed. Never laughed so much in all my life! Best red eye flight I have ever been on!

On the same flight was Renee Gayer and she made such a fuss about no one collecting her luggage for her after she got off the plane, she was nearly escorted from the airport by security!