Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
xespac

Default A Place To Drive With No Rules!

Hey,

Does anyone know where I can take my car for a test drive, it is unregistered... Like is there a race track I can pay $150 or whatever but I don't have a CAMS License... I chopped my car exhaust all the way back under the drivers seat... sounds like a truck lol ... I want to test drive it before I get another exhaust....

thanks

xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

why not just take to the drags.. 400 meter drive.. a helmet and over flow bottle...away you go..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #3
xespac

Which one? and do I need a cams license? (which I don't have :()
Old 27-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

all you need for heathcote and calder is $40 or $55, you must have a car licence, helmet, over flow bottle and brakes that work....
Clader Friday Nights, Heathcote most Sundays..

Old 27-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
xespac

Ok thanks, does I need a full license can I get on with P's or L's? thanks
Old 27-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
SpoolMan

P platers are OK...

Old 27-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #7
xespac

Ok thanks, I will check it out ... only problem I gotta look out for is my engine mounts lol either the engine is shaking bad because it's cold or that my exhaust is the problem :P we'll see.. thanks =)
Old 27-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #8
xespac

Before anything bad happens... would someone be able to tell me if having like an exhaust goin from engine and ends just inline with the rear driver seat would strain the engine? i'm mainly concerned that I could brake an engine mount or something? anyone had any experiences with this? thanks

It is a standard exhaust on the XE Spac 82
Old 27-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #9
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

nope dump pipes wont hurt engine mounts

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 09:41 PM   #10
xespac

my exhaust is like under 4 metres long lol... and a dump pipe - that's the thing like a tip where it faces to the ground? thanks
Old 27-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #11
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xespac
Before anything bad happens... would someone be able to tell me if having like an exhaust goin from engine and ends just inline with the rear driver seat would strain the engine? i'm mainly concerned that I could brake an engine mount or something? anyone had any experiences with this? thanks

It is a standard exhaust on the XE Spac 82
If it ends under the car and not on the outside of the car make sure your fire extinguisher is full !
Old 27-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #12
xespac

lol I don't have one yet but I will seriously get one... the end of the exhaust is well clearence of the under body of the car so the only thing will get really hot will be the exhaust HOPEFULLY...

I chopped an exhaust on my old XF Falcon... but left 1 muffler (so basically the muffler was like a tip... - just infront of the diff axle) and when my bro's car needed a new engine we went to take the engine out of the XF and it had 1 broken engine mount (although the thrashing I gave it over hills and burnouts etc... could of contributed to the problem :P)
Old 27-11-2005, 09:52 PM   #13
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

There's this place called the AUTOBAHN in Europe. I heard its a long strip of road about 10km long that you can take your car there and go as fast and as hard as you want without getting in trouble with the law.
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 09:56 PM   #14
xespac

Unfortunently the only place I think is NT in Aus - and besides... my car isn't registered YET so I cannot legally drive on the road... so that is why I was asking where I can drive on a track, like at calder or heathcote without having a CAMS License.
Old 27-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #15
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Which one? and do I need a cams license? (which I don't have :()
You dont need a Confederation Against Motor Sport (CAMS) licence to go drag racing. Drag racing is not controlled by CAMS , Thank God. :Reverend:
Might be in trouble with the exhaust though, some tracks have noise limits in place so check before you travel.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 10:47 PM   #16
EL XR8

If you're worried, go to Heatchote, they'll let you in, plus its 5 times better than Calder.
Its just a little bit of a drive. They guys there are pretty laid back, so i'd almost guarantee you'd be right to drive, as full drag cars are allowed, they hardly check over them up there!
They said if the boss wasnt there on the last day i went, i could've done doughnuts down the strip and bagged it up the whole way down (at the end of the day with no one else running) They don't mind it up there!
EL XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #17
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey,

Does anyone know where I can take my car for a test drive, it is unregistered... Like is there a race track I can pay $150 or whatever but I don't have a CAMS License... I chopped my car exhaust all the way back under the drivers seat... sounds like a truck lol ... I want to test drive it before I get another exhaust....

thanks
Might I suggest you get yourself an education in the art of tuning motors before you rush off with an ill tuned(cut exhaust)motor you will lose more than you gain because you have altered the back pressure.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #18
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Laid back is one thing , safety is something else!
How would you like to be in the lane beside him if he doesnt have his act together, or his car is unsafe, he shouldnt be on the racetrack.
As far as doing doughnuts down the strip just because the "boss" isnt there,
I wouldnt think that is such a good career move to be honest!
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....

Last edited by RegSpec; 27-11-2005 at 11:47 PM.
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 11:46 PM   #19
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed!!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 27-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #20
xespac

I don't think I gave an impression I was going to be DRAGGING OTHER PEOPLE OFF AT THE DRAG TRACK! WOW.... I basically going to a drag track so I can see how I can go and what difference it will make power increase or not... I already know my car has way less power then it should, it's not even tuned properly and needs a service... etc....

Do you think I don't already know about an engine running differently when you change/dodgy an exhaust up? hmm...

Thanks to the people that gave positive replies and not to just post to get your post count up... =)
Old 27-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #21
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not in here for a post count...check other threads 95% in bar no count...and I stand by what I said.!!!!!!!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 27-11-2005, 11:59 PM   #22
xespac

Anyway I didn't mean to go agro I just lose it for no reason.... anyway what makes you think i'd crash into your car SOMEHOW at the drags just because of a chopped exhaust? that is the only thing i've done to the car that won't pass a roadworthy =)

I already know about the engine obviously running a bit different, the smoothness of it idling basically the same (hardly notice it any different then it was with standard exhaust) only REALLY loud... it is deffening ... the engine doesn't stall and still idles good...

It's not like I pulled my steering column out and forgot to put it back in lol :P

Last edited by xespac; 28-11-2005 at 12:08 AM.
Old 28-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #23
xr8edute
Thats right baby X-rated

sorry to be a downer maybe but i think you would be better off spending your time and money on getting your car properly serviced and roadworthy then worrying about what difference an exhaust can make.

Get the best out of your engine then change your exhaust. It aint that hard to drop your exhaust off at the the track for a run or two.

Well thats my opinion....take it or leave it.

cheers

RIP The Gentleman, Peter Brock 1945-2006
I cant believe they demolished that fatefull tree!!!
xr8edute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 10:38 PM   #24
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, no offence but why would you wanna take a car with effectively no exhaust to somewhere you can legally go fast?

Is it just me or does the whole concept make no sense :/
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 10:50 PM   #25
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
Yeah, no offence but why would you wanna take a car with effectively no exhaust to somewhere you can legally go fast?

Is it just me or does the whole concept make no sense :/

You are not alone!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 29-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #26
xespac

Put it as an "EXPERIMENT" ... lol ... "If ya never, never go, ya never never know!" ???