Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2005, 07:10 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Intakes

Thinking about ordering soon one of the Ultra-Flow Intake Kit, 3" Mandrel. I was wondering if this is a simple thing someone like myself can do? Is there any drilling or special proceedure you have to do? In otherwords, is there anything I can break :

Also, on the site it says this

The new RACE SERIES intake consists of a 3" Mandrel bent intake system and unique air filter which, when used in conjunction with RACE SERIES headers, further increases engine power and vehicle acceleration.

Does it mean that cause I have Pace makers, then the benefits won't be as great as if I had the JMM headers?

Does anyone have a pic of the JMM one. I like the chrome intakes that a few cars have, but I think being metal, that it's more likely to warm the air coming through the pipe. This I guess is not a good thing?

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Dwayne

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 01:58 PM   #2
hambo_12

Heres some pics (not in chrome), im also interested in getting one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JMM Ultra-Intake-Proto_6.jpg (73.2 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg engine dev5 el.jpg (75.9 KB, 127 views)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 06:47 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Hambo.
Old 29-11-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a 3"inch from out of the box to the first bend, and then I just have the factory plastic take over.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...achmentid=3129

I was talking to Brendan, about ordering the Race Series intake and headers (not out yet) and it sounded like my setup isn't too dis-similar, minus a Pod in the factory box.. So im just going to get the Streetfighter headers and a few other bits and pieces from them.. (close to getting the nod from Mrs Cube)

Please correct me Im wrong Brendan, I don't want to be misleading any body into thinking that my shoddy / ugly pipe is what they will get from JMM.

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not keen on the way that looks cubie. No offence, but I think it just stick to the whole setup. Pod as well. I have some work being carried out on the car shortly, so depending on the cost of that, is when I'll order my intake.
Old 30-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #6
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I'm not keen on the way that looks cubie. No offence, but I think it just stick to the whole setup. Pod as well. I have some work being carried out on the car shortly, so depending on the cost of that, is when I'll order my intake.
What I can't believe that you don't like it.. you......:

Just kidding mate.. I know its ugly as, the guys that did it really annoyed me with that ugly brace, if you do end up getting the 3" from the box all way around let me know what it cost ya.. I had quotes up at the $500 mark for it.

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #7
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going to get a few repairs done first. See what that costs me and I'll consider the intake later