Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
dean04ba

Default people who key cars!!!!

i had my car scratched with a key last night, from one side of the bonnet to the other. my car wasn't parked illegally or even parked too closely too someone elses. i was just targeted by someone who obviously has no respect for people pride and joy.
you don't actually realize how much it hurts until it happens to you.
my question is, what gives people the right to do this and the reason to vandalise someones property? and why would you do it in the first place?

dean04ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

jealousy thats what I put it down to.
I remember when I bought my car new back in 04 and washing it every 2 weeks and still do to this day. Had the car for about a month and some idiot decided to put two nice marks on the bonnet to this day that I have not been able to get rid of.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

plain and simple....."you do not **** with another mans automobile"

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
dean04ba

yer thats correct gabbs, jealousy.
i tell you what if i had of caught the person i would have made him swallow the keys he scratched it with. the rage i had he was lucky i didn't catch him.

the scratch just makes me not want to drive it. it can just degrade a car so much.
but the upside is that a friend at work that was a detailer looked at it and its not a deep scratch and should buff out. but its still no excuse for the person doing it.

as ebtom said. "you do not **** with another mans automobile"
Old 03-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

ebtom and the Drug Dealer from Pulp Fiction ..

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
I_Con
Formally known as "Con G"

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean04ba
i had my car scratched with a key last night, from one side of the bonnet to the other. my car wasn't parked illegally or even parked too closely too someone elses. i was just targeted by someone who obviously has no respect for people pride and joy.
my question is, what gives people the right to do this and the reason to vandalise someones property? and why would you do it in the first place?
I know how you feel, back in 03 had a 3 month old car, parked out the front of a mates house on a Friday night. Someone went over every panel except for the boot and roof with a key. It really breaks your heart when you first see it. The respray (with was covered by insurance, still had to pay excess) cost around $3000.

If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Click here to see my Territory Pics.
Click here to see my Navara Pics

I_Con is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
dean04ba

that sucks i_con. it really does hurt
Old 03-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Unfortunately mate, there's so many dead sh*ts around, it isn't funny.

Alot of people have 0 respect, and don't realise how much it hurts the owner, emotionally and financially.

That's why I don't like leaving my car left unattended for too long.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
kocho
The Futuriser

Damn, bad luck. Never had it happen to any of our cars but I could imagine the feeling. :(

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #10
I_Con

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Alot of people have 0 respect, and don't realise how much it hurts the owner, emotionally and financially.
I think your wrong on that, I think they do it cause they know it hurts the owner so much, which is why its always done to nice new or well kept cars.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #11
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

A friend of mine had it done the whole way around her Echo, in the carpark at her work (shopping centre).
She's a bit ditzy, but knows I'm into cars, so she brought it to me in tears hoping I knew how to fix it, or at least clean it up so it wasn't too noticeable.

Got most of it to polish out, but there are a few places where it went too deep.
The Turtle Wax Chipstick and coloured polish hid it as best as we were able to do.

I'm so lucky that I can park my car in a secured area away from the public while I'm at work, and I avoid taking it out anywhere that I can't keep an eye on it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #12
blue terra
au=gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Con
I think your wrong on that, I think they do it cause they know it hurts the owner so much, which is why its always done to nice new or well kept cars.
Same as shopping trolleys on your car. You can park it away from everyone and still find some ***** has put it in the side and left a nice dint. :jab:
blue terra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #13
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

I think the question has to be asked. What would you do if you sprung someone doing it to yours or anyone elses car??

I'll go first. I would break a few fingers so they could'nt hold a key for a long time.
Then march them to the police station & lay charges on them for cost involved in repairing the car.
Then go to court & see what the judge hands down, if I felt it was not good enough, I would systematicly make there life a living nightmere, untill I was happy with the punishment..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #14
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought i was going to be tearing the local trolly boy a new a*&$# hole yesterday. The ute was parked in the car park, next to a couple of cars that weren't going to be going anywhere soon and i came out and the trolly boy looked as if he wanted to push i line of trollies, 12 or more, between my car and the car beside me.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #15
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had my car scratched down both sides and accross the boot because I took the guy who painted it to Fair Trading.
I read on the news that a woman in Canberra (I think) got charges with damaging over a thousand vehcicles over a period of time.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #16
dean04ba

yes unfortunately damaging cars become involved alot when people want revenge, which is a pain.

i would have love to have caught the person in the act of putting the scratch across my car. would have released alot of the anger that was and still is inside of me today.

one thing id like to ask is, has anyone here keyed a car, and what was the reason for them doing it? it would just be interesting to hear stories
Old 03-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
I think the question has to be asked. What would you do if you sprung someone doing it to yours or anyone elses car??

I'll go first. I would break a few fingers so they could'nt hold a key for a long time.
Then march them to the police station & lay charges on them for cost involved in repairing the car.
Then go to court & see what the judge hands down, if I felt it was not good enough, I would systematicly make there life a living nightmere, untill I was happy with the punishment..
Don't bother going to the police station after you do that. Somebody doing that to your car legally doesn't allow you to do such a thing.
If you're going to take 'em on, do it the right way...by the book!
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #18
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Don't bother going to the police station after you do that. Somebody doing that to your car legally doesn't allow you to do such a thing.
If you're going to take 'em on, do it the right way...by the book!
Why not? If you break their fingers, they cant exactly point out who did it. Especialy if they are feeding from a tube into their stomach.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #19
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

yer just put them in a coma they wont remember who it who.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #20
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

It is jealousy pure and simple. Their attitude is "if I cant have a car like that, I'm gonna make you miserable by scratching it'. We have the exact issue out here with young Aboriginals. They see you driving around in a nice car that they know they will never have, so they throw rocks at you.

Thats life.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #21
greyute

I had my ute keyed around 2 years ago. $4,500 worth of damage. Found out who it was too. Lets just say he wont be doing it again.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #22
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Why not? If you break their fingers, they cant exactly point out who did it. Especialy if they are feeding from a tube into their stomach.
I think that's irresponsible.
IMO, to do that brings you down to the perpetrator's level.
Violence should never be condoned by anybody.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #23
I_Con

Quote:
one thing id like to ask is, has anyone here keyed a car, and what was the reason for them doing it? it would just be interesting to hear stories
Good luck getting anyone to own up to doing such a thing after what has been said in this thread. And besides the cowards that do this sort of thing arent usually the types to publicly admit they are a low life.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #24
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, you're crying over a scratch.. spare a thought for the people who come back to have their whole car gone. I've been there and let me tell you it's really not a good feeling. As much as it hurt me and ****es me off even until this day, i was one of the lucky ones that got their car back (albeit with a few pieces missing).

Just accept whats happened, pay your excess, get the bonnet resprayed and be done with it... problem solved.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #25
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
Mate, you're crying over a scratch.. spare a thought for the people who come back to have their whole car gone. I've been there and let me tell you it's really not a good feeling. As much as it hurt me and ****es me off even until this day, i was one of the lucky ones that got their car back (albeit with a few pieces missing).

Just accept whats happened, pay your excess, get the bonnet resprayed and be done with it... problem solved.
You reckon its that easy...???

crying over a scratch...thats not the point at all....the point is, why the ****** should he have to pay for damage that was done deliberately by someone else???
Old 03-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #26
dean04ba

yer i know its only a scratch and it can be fixed and i know it could have been stolen so im lucky and ive even had that attempted. the point i was trying to make was, why do it? ok if i had cut someone off on the road earlier or something like that then i would have copped it on the chin. but the thing im trying to put across is what goes through their heads?
is it like. its ignorant *******s. its just **** how you can't have a nice car and park it somewhere and know its gonna be the same as you left it when you get back.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #27
GT-P BOSS
True Australian V8 Grunt

Quote:
yer i know its only a scratch and it can be fixed and i know it could have been stolen so im lucky and ive even had that attempted. the point i was trying to make was, why do it? ok if i had cut someone off on the road earlier or something like that then i would have copped it on the chin. but the thing im trying to put across is what goes through their heads?
is it like. its ignorant *******s. its just **** how you can't have a nice car and park it somewhere and know its gonna be the same as you left it when you get back.

I know the feeling the first year of my Dads EL a person came up and used a knife to gouge the back spoiler and boot.

Its sad that people get jealous or don't give a **** about peoples stuff they just winge how the world is against them and won't get of their *** and do something about it.

hey when I was 11 I saved every cent till I turned 22 and I bought a GT-P
I was earning $8.50 per hour untill I was 14 then $11.50 till I was 18 working on a farm 7 days a week ye ha. :
GT-P BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #28
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

My mate had his car keyed while he was sleeping in the back, so he pulled up his dacks and chased after them... i think he keyed them back, but im not game to ask where he dug the key in....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #29
XAGSV8
Member 178

I had my XA out the front of my parents in laws house for 5 minutes while I dropped something in there and it got keyed. It would have been worth it just to catch them in the act and after 2 years I am starting to get over it. For everybody who has had this happen to them I know how you feel. Real men don't screw with other peoples cars.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #30
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

I haven't had my car "Keyed" , but when I was working in Blacktown (NSW) someone got to it in an underground carpark behind my shop & removed the stickon Ford badge , Falcon badge , rear wiper , front wipers , weather shield & original S-Pack driving lights , wheel trims & broke the radio aerial . At least it was repairable/replacable . Not a good feeling :

No-one ever got my driving lights again , someone had tried because once they were loose , I put a spot of weld on the thread .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post