Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-09-2021, 08:15 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Your Favorite Car Sound

I guess this topic has been covered before, but like everything, things change and evolve so I thought this would be a great thing to revisit.

The way an engine or exhaust sounds is generally what attracts me to certain cars.

The first on my list is the BMW E46 M3 CSL. The exhaust is a bit raspy but the induction note through six indivual throttle bodies sucking from a huge carbon fibre airbox is, and there is no other way to put it, orgasmic!

Next, the naturally aspirated Aston Martin V12. The legend has it this engine was created by two ford Duratec V6's, I don't care one bit, it just sounds so good. The upshifts from the ZF gearboxes give the impression of a lazy, un-stressed beast. To my ears, I also get some undertones of the N/A barra in it too.

One that's close to my heart, the Ford Coyote V8. Where once Ford made low-revving V8's, this 5.0 is a absolute demon for revs. Again, the induction note has me.

Staying with the naturally aspirated V8, the Lexus 5.0 is a honey. Now I know Lexus do play a bit with some piped in induction noise, but I defy anyone not to crack a big smile with this engine. Found in the delightful LC500 as well as the IS500, ISF, RCF and GSF.

Another manic six, the Porsche GT3 Flat 6's are pretty special. Probably the best six cylinder engines ever made.

And this post from me would not be complete with the JLR supercharged 5.0 V8. Found in Jaguar's XKR, XFR, XJR, F-Type R and F-Pace SVR as well as a selection of Range Rover's. It's at it's glorious best in the pre-face lifted F-Type R and SVR. Somehow, Jaguar really managed to make this thing sound like it's growling. Due to the nanny state, the latest versions are somewhat toned down to meet stricter noise limits. Boooooo!

Would love to hear what others find music to their ears.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post