Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Default Great customer service from unexpected corporation.

Telstra.

My mobile plan contract finished with Telstra on 26 Feb. On the 25th of Feb I rang up to cancel the plan; it was a Friday and I thought you couldn't ring them on the weekend.

I spoke to someone with an Australian accent. I was only on hold for about 2 minutes. They were very polite and understood what I wanted. The bill they sent out was up until the 16th of Feb. I said I was happy to pay pro rata for the remaining 10 days of the contract and as of this phone call I will turn off the phone and remove sim card.

All went well.
The hiccup with the computer system spat out another bill for me which I just rang up now and spoke to another person with an Australian accent who understood what I wanted. I paid pro rata on the phone and they credited the account for the remained of the bill period.

Happily he said "We can now part ways thankyou for your business."

Very helpful, polite and I didn't have to repeat myself.

I am blown away by the level of customer service that I have received from Telstra. In the not too distant past I had to decipher some accent I couldn't understand, was on hold for at least 30 minutes and I had to repeat myself at least 3 times.

I am thinking I might change back to Telstra from the phone I've currently got with another provider.

Telstras coverage is the best, but their service used to be poor. Now its a win win from what I can tell from my experience.

Old 31-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default Re: Great customer service from unexpected corporation.

Wish all of Telstra were like that.

Do you think I can get it through Telstras head that I want to cancel my wireless plan and send back the gateway because I have never been able to connect to their wireless ADSL, thus never using the gateway I was provided...Nope. Got a bill today for $440...So...Going to ring up this arvo AGAIN.

Good to hear that you got some decent service from them!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
sleek7

Definately hit and miss. Have had some some calls where theres been aussie staff (by the sounds of it) who were on the ball with no drama understanding (me to them and them to me), where other times have been quite different. And then sometimes you just end up going through the infinite loop of 'let me put you through to the right department'...
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Will be changing to Telstra very soon after two hellish years with Vodafone
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
LOL Vodafone... say no more.
Impossible to speak to someone who speaks actual fluent english when theres a problem.

Hell, Im still in the habit even after being with Telstra 3 months of not answering my mobile when it rings before checking I ACTUALLY had reception!!!

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear you, so many are critical of telstra till they try the alternative. I'm not saying Telstra are great but they are the best of a bad lot. when you factor their vastly superior network coverage it really makes them my only choice. I need a moble that works where ever I am and only Telstra can deliver the coverage I need. I tried a dodo wireless broadband (Optus network)for my mobile internet, it was hellishly slow if I could connect at all had constant dropouts and was pretty much useless to me. after many frustrating phone calls I managed to cancell my contract with no penalaty (after threatening them with the TIO and fair trading as their service was of no use to me despite being told by dodo I would work in my area)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
Dodd

On the opposite side of the fence, i have switched to Telstra for internet and home phone (and moved foxtel over into a "bundle") as have just moved house, and its been a complete disaster.

The products i am very happy with, but the service is terrible, and im just hoping for a clean accurate first bill when it arrives so i dont have to call them!
Dodd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post