Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
spatel
Falcon Fan!

Exclamation Ford Falcon Is Dead!!!!!

Grabbed your attention?!!!

I do not see the Falcon lasting for too long in my opinion!
The FG range is a fantastic car but Ford have not marketed this well.
This maybe mentioned on another thread but hey.

1st:
Ford have lost 3 big nameplates in 2 years: Fairlane, Fairmont, Futura.
These are names most people know and know what level of car they are.
Having lost the Fairlane just gave the LWB section straight to Holden on a plate. I do believe the FG woulda made a good LWB, it has the right looks compared to BA.
Also with the change in engines in 2010 doesnt look to promising either!

The new Mondeo is also the same blimen size when I went to the dealer the other day! Of course people are going to buy the mondeo if it costs less in petrols and is cheaper by $1000s in price. If they are going to put a smaller V6 engine in 2010 what will push the other, Falcon or Mondeo first?

2nd:
Marketing is shocking! I've received my brochure in NZ and its all computer genereated images, no decent interior shots, the cars look like because of it and it doesn't even entice me (a massive Ford man) to look at it twice. What would a first time Ford buyer think? Same with the ads, they are going too soft and it will not pay off I reckon.

3rd:
FPV. What are they doing? You introduce a new model, put some blimen new wheels on it. I know why they are using comp. generated ads, the cars look way better in that than in the flesh. They are great cars but again, being swallowed by HSV. Styling is just to plain also!

I can go on but it seems Ford Aus is just trying as hard as they can to NOT promote the Falcon. Falcon is the nameplate of racing to great cars, it will be a sad day if it is ever scrapped and they way things are going it heading straight to that point!

(some will agree & disagree but hey thats whats this forum is about)
Cheers!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Geez dont go outside the sky is falling!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here we go again....

Old 09-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Here we go again....
Weekly occurance aint it :togo:
Old 09-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
JPDyno

They lost Futura and Fairmont but gained G6, G6E etc... Which i think are much classier and a little less old-fashioned. Much easier for new customers to understand the food chain too. I still cant help but think of my grandparents when i hear Fairmont or Fairlane.

Im a holden guy and i didnt think the ads are that bad...the ute ones are pretty funny actually (except the radio on is annoying....but what radio ad isnt?)

I also think you'll find alot of other car companies are using CG cars in the advertisnig shots and commercials. Its not that big a deal, you cant tell the difference most of the time.

as for the engine change... yeah we'll see how that pans out. The Turbo motor is (very rightfully) holding the performance flag for ford over the less than steller V8... if its replaced by something not up to par, I hope they have a better v8 in the works.

whatever happens though, It wont be the death of the falcon for a while yet i think
Old 09-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
RATT
In a Pug..

sleep:
Old 09-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

spatel sources have advised the mondeo will be the next GT last management meetings is on stripe packages as we type....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 09-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Typhoon in a tea cup....
Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hope it dies rather than become a joke. if the FG is the last falcon then we can look back on a proud history (up to the EL at least).
Old 09-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These threads are getting tiresome

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Closed Thread