Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Is Mustang swaying the Red Team?

Been looking on the LS1 Forum, one of the members has just purchased a new mustang, no negative feedback....Nice! Well done DAZ5.0
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
PHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #2
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Is Mustang swaying the Red Team?

Definitely. More will follow.
Old 17-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439275
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #4
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I knew a few Ford guys that brought Monaros when they came out so its no surprise
Old 17-07-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
Definitely. More will follow.
Oh dear..... does this mean that AFF will get an increase in Riff Raff now ?
Old 17-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
azairious
Starter Motor

First Post here, i have a VZ SSZ ute, i also have a Stang GT on order (delivery due may/july). i dont think brand loyalty is such a big issue when there is such an outstanding car as the mustang, not to mention the death of the "go to" picks.
I just severely hope that ford do not screw up the launch of the mustang or the focus RS because that could mean the death of our last bastion of hope.
azairious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2015, 04:59 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azairious View Post
First Post here, i have a VZ SSZ ute, i also have a Stang GT on order (delivery due may/july). i dont think brand loyalty is such a big issue when there is such an outstanding car as the mustang, not to mention the death of the "go to" picks.
I just severely hope that ford do not screw up the launch of the mustang or the focus RS because that could mean the death of our last bastion of hope.
Indeed mate , as long as what ever type of car it is puts a smile on your face thats all that matters regardless of badge.

good luck with the new limo ........ look forward to some pics of your new beast.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #8
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it is about time.

HSV have been taken the Ford guys for a long time.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #9
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azairious View Post
Welcome to the Forums and congrats on ordering a Mustang.

I frequent the Mustang6g Forums and quite a few of the Aussie buyers are coming from non-Ford rides. If you haven't done so already it would be good to check it out - quite a friendly and very informative Forum.

Cheers!
Old 17-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #10
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can hardly blame them, they have finally woken up and smelt the roses

http://www.motormag.com.au/features/...ine-drag-race/
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #11
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the outside but don't like the Mustang Interior. But that could be overlooked for the V8.....
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #12
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE View Post
Can hardly blame them, they have finally woken up and smelt the roses

http://www.motormag.com.au/features/...ine-drag-race/
Meh. Those Commodores have been slugs in a straight line forever 5.5secs at the the DRAGS

Hey has that Tuner "street fighter" bought in an American left hand drive GT to get a head start on RnD? If so what a clever idea.
Maybe something for the stang guys wishing to mod to remember.. They'll have a huge jump on the opposition if that's what's happening
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 12:38 AM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think most Holden blokes have a soft spot for the Mustang. Unless GM bring the Camaro or the Corvette here, they are definitely going to leak sales. The Insignia is a nice car but hardly anywhere close to what we want.

The Mustang looks good, it goes good, its priced good and for plenty of people a 2 door is a perfect car.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #14
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
The Mustang looks good, it goes good, its priced good and for plenty of people a 2 door is a perfect car.
Agreed, could be that Ute drivers will be looking for a replacement when production stops.
Old 18-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #15
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Hey has that Tuner "street fighter" bought in an American left hand drive GT to get a head start on RnD? If so what a clever idea.
Maybe something for the stang guys wishing to mod to remember.. They'll have a huge jump on the opposition if that's what's happening
Hi Tuff,

Yes, they brought it in for development purposes. KPM have been taking it around the country to create awareness of what will be coming.

I saw it at Sinclair Ford the other night; nothing has been done to it yet but one of the guys there told me it drives well and matches the s/c 5.0 mainly because of its lighter weight.

I'm interested to see what KPM comes up with; interesting that they do manufacture OEM components for Ford and Holden already and with that coming to an end they're looking to be heavily involved with the Mustang aftermarket.
Old 18-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #16
G RUSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Meh. Those Commodores have been slugs in a straight line forever 5.5secs at the the DRAGS
At first I was confused as to why they'd pit these two cars together. Then I realised they're basically the same RRP (or very close). Goes to show how much bang for your buck you get with the Stang!
G RUSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #17
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post

2 doors ain't the problem, it's really only a 2 seater, the GT convertible I've been driving has the drivers seat basically touching the rear seat, I'm 185cm and 95kgs. Rear seat is useless other than for putting a small suitcase on

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #18
azairious
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
2 doors ain't the problem, it's really only a 2 seater, the GT convertible I've been driving has the drivers seat basically touching the rear seat, I'm 185cm and 95kgs. Rear seat is useless other than for putting a small suitcase on
for me it was the fact that i dont want 4 doors, its only usually me and my gal of the week, i'm not looking to start a family any time soon. i used to own a 69' fastback and the rear seat in that was useless too. still not as bad as the celica from my high school years. but i suppose if you need a rear seat, get a euro from now on (once aus production stops) or get a 4wd like everybody else *shudder*.
azairious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #19
DAZ5.0

Haha yes that was my thread on LS1...to be honest most of us dispite the badge are just car guys. The mustang for me is just a sexy coupe. I like the AMG C63 and Audi A4's etc mostly because they are V8's but the pricing is just too high. I do love my Holden/HSV's but also like the new Falcon GT's. In the last three years I've been active in four car Forums (Prado point with my 150 Kakadu) (LCOOL with my 200 series) (Jeep Garage with my SRT) they are all sold now I only had one of them at a time but due to circumstance or different vehicle needs I've had a few cars in the last few years, and now I'm on this fine Forum....what better way to learn and do the modifications (just once) with some good advise. I have contributed about 7000 posts on the LS1 forum over the 10 years I've been on it so coming over to Ford wasn't easier and I feel like a fish out of water BUT....I think the Mustang Has the goods....time will tell.
DAZ5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #20
Uncle Tone
Ploppy pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Oh dear..... does this mean that AFF will get an increase in Riff Raff now ?
What do you mean, now? I joined up here years ago!!

If the Camaro comes here it's a no brainier for me. If it doesn't, I'll consider the Mustang over an HSV.
Old 18-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #21
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Tone View Post
What do you mean, now? I joined up here years ago!!

If the Camaro comes here it's a no brainier for me. If it doesn't, I'll consider the Mustang over an HSV.
Ahhhh Uncle Tone....I'd consider the Comaro but don't particularly like the look of it and no doubt it will be a 100K plus car ?
Old 18-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #22
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might be my next purchase....SC would be nice :o)
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
PHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #23
G RUSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZ5.0 View Post

Ahhhh Uncle Tone....I'd consider the Comaro but don't particularly like the look of it and no doubt it will be a 100K plus car ?
Why should it be that much? If GM are serious one day about importing those, they will need to compete at the Mustang's price point, because that's the way it is in the USA.

Unfortunately RHD versions are unconfirmed at this point.
G RUSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 10:20 PM   #24
Uncle Tone
Ploppy pants

Quote:

If it does come to Oz it would go head to head with the Mustang.....they do in the States.

Of course, there is also the Dodge Challenger....apparently to be called Charger when it comes here....hopefully in Hellcat guise!!
Old 19-07-2015, 02:11 AM   #25
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by G RUSH View Post
Why should it be that much? If GM are serious one day about importing those, they will need to compete at the Mustang's price point, because that's the way it is in the USA.

Unfortunately RHD versions are unconfirmed at this point.
my VF Redline new is Mustang money and it's just a commodore,no doubt Holden would want a premium for a Camaro.
Old 19-07-2015, 03:27 AM   #26
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
my VF Redline new is Mustang money and it's just a commodore,no doubt Holden would want a premium for a Camaro.
The Mustang and Camaro are real world competitors and in their home town share similar build, market and price points.

I’m not a Ford snob, in fact a long way from it but a common variety Camaro isn’t good enough to sell as a premium over and above a common variety Mustang.

You’d really want to own one and not care you were being treated as a fool to pay outside of the Mustang price range.

Most Aussies who are interested in these cars would know they are competitors and would question why if the Camaro price was inflated over that of the Mustang.

Outside of a very few silly purchasers, an overpriced massed produced Camaro sold as a premium here when its competitor is well priced would simply equal bad business model and be doomed to sales failure.

Personally I don’t think it will ever arrive here but then I didn’t think the Mustang would either.
Old 19-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #27
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^ A lot would depend on how they equip the Camaro; the Mustang we're getting is diluted in comparison with what's on offer in the USA. Probably cost cutting to keep it at a certain price point.

Heaven forbid, if GMH did bring it here fully specced, we could end up with another GTF vs GTS type scenario! Lol!
Old 19-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #28
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
^^^^ A lot would depend on how they equip the Camaro; the Mustang we're getting is diluted in comparison with what's on offer in the USA. Probably cost cutting to keep it at a certain price point.

Heaven forbid, if GMH did bring it here fully specced, we could end up with another GTF vs GTS type scenario! Lol!
is ours diluted? Or we just don't have the option of the premium with nicer seats and sound system?
Old 19-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #29
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
is ours diluted? Or we just don't have the option of the premium with nicer seats and sound system?
By diluted I mean that it looks like we won't be getting the following:

1) Bonnet Vents
2) Tri-Bar Gills as the DRL's
3) A number of parts that make up the PP in the USA
4) Possibly getting the Ecoboost front splitter on the 5.0

I haven't mentioned the sequential rear lights but they would probably have never been considered for Oz.

I hope you haven't misunderstood me - for what we are getting it's tremendous value but it would have been nice to not lose so many of the nice touches that are standard in the States.

Any whinges will soon be forgotten once I take delivery and press that starter button!
Old 19-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #30
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
By diluted I mean that it looks like we won't be getting the following:

1) Bonnet Vents
2) Tri-Bar Gills as the DRL's
3) A number of parts that make up the PP in the USA
4) Possibly getting the Ecoboost front splitter on the 5.0

I haven't mentioned the sequential rear lights but they would probably have never been considered for Oz.

I hope you haven't misunderstood me - for what we are getting it's tremendous value but it would have been nice to not lose so many of the nice touches that are standard in the States.

Any whinges will soon be forgotten once I take delivery and press that starter button!
Ah OK, I didn't think we were loosing too much inthe way of must have's although I would loooove the premium front seats (recaro's) I think they are. When do you expect yours?