Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Walk to work????

I honestly cant fathom the sheer arrogance of some people...

He deliberately runs down 3 people then asks the judge if he can ride his motor bike to work?!?!?

Quote:
Walk to work, judge tells alleged offender
Posted 1 hour 0 minutes ago

A teenager charged with running down three men in a car in Currie Street in the city has been refused permission to ride a motorbike to work.

The 19-year-old cannot be identified because he was a youth when he allegedly rammed the car at the men from behind, at up to 70 kilometres per hour in Adelaide.

He also allegedly dragged one of the men up to 200 metres.

Prosecutors have previously alleged the teenager wanted revenge because the men had picked a fight with the his friends in a Hindley Street nightclub.

The teenager, who has been disqualified from driving and is on strict bail conditions, asked the Adelaide District Court for permission to ride a motorbike to his workplace.

The judge refused the application, saying the workplace was close to his home and he could walk, cycle or catch public transport.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...08/3033161.htm

One hopes when he fronts court again he actually goes to jail...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

What an idiot. I hope I don't know him somehow, Adelaide s a small place.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
He deliberately runs down 3 people then asks the judge if he can ride his motor bike to work?!?!?
"Runs down" and ramming a car with people in it are different things, I took "runs down" as in he hit and killed 3 pedestrians.

But yes he is a fool, but its pretty funny how he asks to ride a motorbike to work.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

What amazes me, he is in a position to ask for anything but permission to go to the toilet.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:22 AM   #5
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
"Runs down" and ramming a car with people in it are different things, I took "runs down" as in he hit and killed 3 pedestrians.

But yes he is a fool, but its pretty funny how he asks to ride a motorbike to work.
Read it again. He didn't 'ram a car with three people in it'. He rammed three people with his car, dragging one of them 200 meters down the road.

If it was deliberate he should be working in jail with no need for a car or motorbike.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
Mad Maxine

What he said ^
Double.

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
"Runs down" and ramming a car with people in it are different things, I took "runs down" as in he hit and killed 3 pedestrians
yeah the first sentence of the article is poorly worded - at first I also thought it said the 3 were in a car until the rest of the article explains...
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
The judge refused the application, saying the workplace was close to his home and he could walk, cycle or catch public transport.
Now this is what gets me.
Because his workplace is close to home, he could walk.
Which also means that if he lived far enough away from work, the Judge would have considered, if not granted, his application to ride a motorcycle to work.

People wonder why the legal system is a joke.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Now this is what gets me.
Because his workplace is close to home, he could walk.
Which also means that if he lived far enough away from work, the Judge would have considered, if not granted, his application to ride a motorcycle to work.

People wonder why the legal system is a joke.
Not necessarily. Judges have to provide reasoning in the decisions, its just what he used in this case. It doenst mean he would have decided otherwise if he lived further from work.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Not necessarily. Judges have to provide reasoning in the decisions, its just what he used in this case. It doenst mean he would have decided otherwise if he lived further from work.
Still a pretty poor reason.
The fact that the douche ran down 3 people should be sufficient.
Infact, he should get an extra 3 months for being so stupid as to ask in the first place.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Still a pretty poor reason.
The fact that the douche ran down 3 people should be sufficient.
Infact, he should get an extra 3 months for being so stupid as to ask in the first place.
I dont disagree with you. But Im guessng the question before the judge was not the initial incident, but was an application to have a work licence or some such.