Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 29-10-2022, 07:52 PM   #1
MFL

Default Re: BA BF C5 325mm Brake Kits cheap

i'm looking at upgrading the brakes on my BF XR8 are the C5 callipers different to the standard XR8 callipers, as the car has 322mm rotors ?

Someone made a comment, that I might not get the results I wanted by installing Brembos, as the BF has stability control, as opposed to traction control - but I have no idea what they mean by not getting the results I want ?
Old 29-10-2022, 07:58 PM   #2
jas98
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
i'm looking at upgrading the brakes on my BF XR8 are the C5 callipers different to the standard XR8 callipers, as the car has 322mm rotors ?

Someone made a comment, that I might not get the results I wanted by installing Brembos, as the BF has stability control, as opposed to traction control - but I have no idea what they mean by not getting the results I want ?
Yes the c5 are a 325mm rotor and different pad/caliper

They originally only came out in the ba as an option on some and standard on the gt(correct if I'm wrong 🙂)

I get allot of people tell me the 325mm was no such thing and only was 322mm...haha bit there definally was an option from factory on the ba which was if I remember 2995 at the time mine has it as was ex police unmarked NSW highway patrol car.
jas98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2022, 05:26 PM   #3
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas98 View Post
Yes the c5 are a 325mm rotor and different pad/caliper

They originally only came out in the ba as an option on some and standard on the gt(correct if I'm wrong 🙂)

I get allot of people tell me the 325mm was no such thing and only was 322mm...haha bit there definally was an option from factory on the ba which was if I remember 2995 at the time mine has it as was ex police unmarked NSW highway patrol car.
The offset of the disc is also different from the two rotors . The C5 BA Ford GT or PBR optioned kits are better as the caliper is also more rigid.
325 x 32 C5 Disc
322 x 28 XR6T XR8 disc

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-11-2022, 08:45 PM   #4
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED View Post
The offset of the disc is also different from the two rotors . The C5 BA Ford GT or PBR optioned kits are better as the caliper is also more rigid.
325 x 32 C5 Disc
322 x 28 XR6T XR8 disc

here are some pics for comparison

Old 04-11-2022, 05:31 PM   #5
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:

1. Yes the two calipers mentioned are different

2. Someone mentioned it but did they say exactly ? Everyone expects something different and there expectations might be different to yours.
From a twin piston 322mm set up to a 4 piston 355mm set up will be a difference. What Pads and rotors fitted will also make the difference as i see people running cheap pads and cheap rotors on Brembo's all the time so will they wont perform as well. Plus Brembo's look better lol

Phone 02 9609 1101

2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2022, 05:43 PM   #6
MFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED View Post

2. Someone mentioned it but did they say exactly ? Everyone expects something different and there expectations might be different to yours.
From a twin piston 322mm set up to a 4 piston 355mm set up will be a difference. What Pads and rotors fitted will also make the difference as i see people running cheap pads and cheap rotors on Brembo's all the time so will they wont perform as well. Plus Brembo's look better lol
that's what had me scratching my head, the comment literally was ' you won't get the results you think' and no further elaboration - I also assumed that a 4 piston, 355mm set-up would give you better stopping performance, with less fade - that's the set-up on my Megane Trophy, which certainly has better braking performance than the XR8.
Old 05-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #7
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
that's what had me scratching my head, the comment literally was ' you won't get the results you think' and no further elaboration - I also assumed that a 4 piston, 355mm set-up would give you better stopping performance, with less fade - that's the set-up on my Megane Trophy, which certainly has better braking performance than the XR8.
Yes as mentioned though, crap pads and crap rotors wont help a bigger kit either.

Phone 02 9609 1101

2 users like this post: