Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Car Brokers

Hey Everyone,

I know some of you people have used Car brokers in the past.

Just trying to see if there are anyone that people would recommend.

Thanks

Old 19-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

My friend is a car broker - just had lunch with him today in North Melbourne. Sat in on a dealer auction too which was interesting

Personally I would rather do it myself
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Well trying to work out all options. So looking for reputable companies that people have dealt with.
Old 19-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Work (big big accounting/law firm) uses Aspire - http://www.aspireauto.com.au/howItWorks.php

I assume they are partially reputable.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

union shopper?.. if you are in the union
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

In all honesty it depends what your looking for and a quick trip around 3/4 dealers does the same thing if your looking for standard cars or pretty standard models.

They are generally more useful if your looking for a rare or specific combination of car thats rare.

But to answer the actual question lol

I used Private Fleet and there was nothing wrong with them. They were nice and organised some stuff, delivery and got the dealer to do it all over the phone and pick me up from my house for delivery and you get the cheap tyres and windscreens etc in future.

But they still only matched the same price I got from shopping around but like I said I brought a boring stock standard model. So I suppose it was worth it in that the dealer didn't annony me and they did most of it for you for nothing in effect so.......

But still go to 2/3 dealers so you know what kinda prices you should expect because there are some questionable ones out there.

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 01:33 AM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Box
In all honesty it depends what your looking for and a quick trip around 3/4 dealers does the same thing if your looking for standard cars or pretty standard models.

They are generally more useful if your looking for a rare or specific combination of car thats rare.
If the car was wanted was an Auto this question wouldn't be asked but the fact that a manual is require (Falcon) it becomes a real P.I.T.A.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 20-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Hows a car broker going to make it any easier to source a manual...

Just talk to a site sponser like Andrew from Etheridge Ford...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post