Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ACA Autism special programe

I dont normally go around pleading a broken heart as myself and my wife deal with our autistic son everyday.
We are used to it now and just get on with it and deal with it all on its own merit. We are used to the deathly stares in shopping malls, and the "God sakes! Take him home, he's hungry!!!" remarks and anything else people care to throw at us
But maybe, just maybe if I too use this internet media to gain more exposure, then maybe someone watching just may help to plead the case to our governing bodies that we need as much support as possible, now and well into the future.
These are not retarded kids, these kids just have a different operating system to yours and mine. They didnt ask for what they have, and neither did we.
If you too have one of these special angels, then talk to us, and tell us how you everyday manage your day(s). Tell us what support emotionally or financially you may have received.
peace out
http://www.aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8437692

Murph-51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: ACA Autism special programe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph-51
I dont normally go around pleading a broken heart as myself and my wife deal with our autistic son everyday.
We are used to it now and just get on with it and deal with it all on its own merit. We are used to the deathly stares in shopping malls, and the "God sakes! Take him home, he's hungry!!!" remarks and anything else people care to throw at us
But maybe, just maybe if I too use this internet media to gain more exposure, then maybe someone watching just may help to plead the case to our governing bodies that we need as much support as possible, now and well into the future.
These are not retarded kids, these kids just have a different operating system to yours and mine. They didnt ask for what they have, and neither did we.
If you too have one of these special angels, then talk to us, and tell us how you everyday manage your day(s). Tell us what support emotionally or financially you may have received.
peace out
http://www.aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8437692
+1. Would like to know how anyone else copes with living with an autistic person. I understand your situation very well, I have had an autistic sister for 18 years and it pains me to see my mother take constant care for her for as far back as I can remember. Severe autism is a cruel, devastating form of suffering both for the person and those around them. Even basic skills like washing herself, my sister cannot master. It nearly sent my mother to her death two years ago, the constant stress took a massive toll on her digestive system. Not being able to interact with my sister has left me with a lot of pent up frustration and grief, and also the concern that autism may be genetically passed has almost entirely extinguished my hope to find a partner or start a family.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: ACA Autism special programe

Mate I hear, feel your pain. I worry about our Daughter who maybe one day left to look out and or even care for our son once we pass on.
It must be un bearable as a sibling to always only "be there in the back ground" As the ACA video shows that young girl always being put on the back burner from her Mum, while she attends to two 6 year old brothers with autism.
Isn't it just the hardest thing grieving for a loved one who is still here with us in the living?
They are our kith and kin and we love then un conditionally, I wouldnt change who my son is for all the tea in china, but the days are long, and at times the nights longer.
I hope you never give up hope on trying to start your own family, we all get given a set of cards to play, we just play them to the best of our ability
Murph-51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post