Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default Ford Dealerships / Service Centres

Well,

In light of some recent threads on here about people giving Ford Dealers, etc a bad rap, why don't we take some time to post up good service, etc we have received.

I myself, have only really had bad experiences with the service centre, but, although the prices are high, I have only ever had great service from the spare parts department.

Most smallish type spares are on hand, others can be ordered and they arrive promptly. I ordered a new auto shifter surround one afternoon, got a call the next day, bingo, part had arrived and I put it on my car. I walked away a satisfied customer.

Post up your GOOD stories.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

I have a good story - my AU lunched itself, flatbedded it to local dealership who despite being heavily overloaded with work at the time was able to diagnose the fault (fuel pump) and get back to me the same day, they then tried quite hard to get a fuel pump sent to them the next day, they could not and fitted an aftermarket pump I was able to purchase, telling me they cannot warranty an aftermarket part but will fit it and warranty the work done

they had the car back to me in a little over a day, I don't think they could have done any more to help me out

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

My good story would involve around 4k worth of repairs in the first three months of ownership.

New stacker(one disc would not change)

Powersteer pump,high pressure line and finally it was the rack that was the problemo

New undertray(3weeks later realised it was missing on car,got new one)

Idle tensioner pulley replaced

Diff bush replaced(three weeks out of warranty,just done on Friday)

New exhaust rubbers,fog lamp and actuators on all doors lubed

All work has been carried out at Jarvis Ford Hillcrest dealing with John.The only time any questions were asked was their lowered springs in the rear when you bought car,i replied "ummm yeah they were".He replied with a rather funny "yeah thats what i thought"LOL.

This dealer has been nothing but helpful and all work was done except the steering issues in less than one day.

I still have an issue that sounds like exhaust rubbing or suspension related of some sought,this was noted in warranty period and is still not fixed.I have the option of getting it fixed still under warranty but just have to get the car their.He knows the inconvenience of not having a vehicle and said"since we havent found the problem yet bring it back whenever convenient and we will give it another go.Its not at all a compramise on performance or handling but without music going can sometimes be rather annoying.
NO COMPLAINTS HERE

gilmore
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

Had issues with the Territory, had a leak from the head gasket, took it to selling dealer who I had purchased some 7 fords before hand over 20 years, could not fault it no leak, dropped the car off at 9.00am then at 10am got a call saying all was good :
Not happy with this inlisted the help of the Forum. Ended up taking car to CENTRAL FORD in Kilmore. Left the car they called me next day, head gasket leaking no arguments car fixed, whilst there they notice a dodgy ball joint fixed that no problems no questions no arguments, when it comes time to buy another Ford I'll be driving up to Kilmore.
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post