Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-03-2006, 02:07 AM   #1
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Default Slow to fire

gday...

My Fairmont ED takes awhile to start. It cranks over with no dramas at all but tends to have trouble to fire. It splutters abit and eventually will start after 20 seconds. Except for that it runs great.
All plugs, leads and coil have been replaced so it must be a fuel thing. It seems like the fuel isnt 'up there' ready to fire up straight away.

Any info would be great.

: : : : :

IH8HSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 02:23 AM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

try getting your injectors cleaned, maybe also change fuel filter and stuff like thay
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Damo
Banned

dizzy cap and rotor button replaced ?
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
Jet-Star

Run some injector cleaner through it, new inline fuel filter, if it still does it look at pulling you tank out for a clean..
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is your battery in good condition ?
Old 19-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
IH8HSV

Yeah battery is fine - the car cranks with no worries at all - just has trouble to fire.
Roter and cap have been replaced.
Its like when the car stops the fuel is draining away from the injectors so it takes a while to get back up there - if you know what i mean.

Fuel filter has been replaced also.

Cheers
Old 19-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #7
john caine
Starter Motor

had a similar problem, took a while to fire in the morning, ran rough for a short while then ok for the rest of the day. - cracked head
john caine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #8
zoomzoom

i cant beleive every one here its seems there are a lot of experts but no answers
from what i can say7 from his explanation i would say this guy has a lack of fuel pressure this could be cause be iether a fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator .
i would doubt it has a cracke3d head unless u are lossing water also.
get someone to put a fuel pressure gauge to your car and check to see if it has residual line pressure
zoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

ok, so you think everyone on here is an expert with no answers, you must be an expert with no answers as well then

very hard to diagnose a cars issues over the internet mate, especially with a fairly vague explanation of the problem to start with

you'll find that people have been giving the guy some places to look to try and rectify the issues.... we could have just said .. go see a mechanic!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:34 PM   #10
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Sound likes injector leak down. Does it start straight away if you let the fuel pump prime before cranking? Best bet get the injectors cleaned, then start going after the expensive fixes if it still does it.

As for "so called experts" a stuffed fuel reg or pump would cause issues when driving, not just at start up.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 03:39 AM   #11
EL_futura
Starter Motor

Try this before you start it

turn key on, off, on, off, on, off, then try and start it.

What this should do is "prime" the fuel delivering that little bit more pressure each turn. I had the same prob in my EL before the pump died. I had the exact starting problems, and this was a short (very) cure to the problem.

At leaast this will possibly eliminate the pump as the cause.

Let us know how you go with this

Cheers
Matt
EL_futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #12
IH8HSV

Thank you for your replys... Ill see how ill go.
I sort of suspect the fuel pump myself.

Cheers