Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
james22
With da Warlords

Default Accident on Great Western Hwy

My g/f, was driving to sydney this morning for a managers meeting. Anyway on the far side of bathurst, between kelso & lithgow, she was following a semi trailer.
She was going to pass the truck but thought it was too dangerous, as he was swerving left and right over the road. About a km later there was a van parked just off the road on the left.
The truck driver swerved back over to the left & the trailer collected the van, half crushing it and sending it spinning and rolling into the scrub. The truckie hit the brakes & my g/f was forced to hit the brakes to avoid colliding with both the van and truck, skidding down the hwy for nearly a 100m with her brakes locked.

The bloke in the van is alright, he was airlifted to hospital.
The bloke in the truck said he was having difficulty seeing as the sun was in his face.

The police attended and now she has to go back to bathurst next week, to give additional statements.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
GraveDilute

That truck driver sounds like he's gonna get in a bit of strife.
Lucky the van driver wasn't killed!

I hate driving behind trucks on the freeway.
GraveDilute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
james22
With da Warlords

Yeah, preety big mess, they closed the Hwy at 7am and its still closed

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 22-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

damn, poor trucky, nothing worse than sunglare!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
james22
With da Warlords

: seems strange, that my mrs and none of the other drivers complained about the sun though .....

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 22-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
james22
With da Warlords

she thought he might have been drunk... if he was, hes up to his neck in :

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 22-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im glad shes OK.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #8
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Curious, (and not that this necessarily matters in this case) did the van have its hazards on?

If she skidded for 100 metres where @ 100km/h your @ 28 metres per second, what speed was she at and how close was she to the truck?? 2 seconds, three or closer?

HAD another a couple of days ago where a B-Double stopped dead (complete and sudden total electrical faiure) left lane/shoulder around a downhill left curve on the Hume near Yass. A few managed to miss him, one didn't then was rear-ended, the truck that drove into the stopped vehicle was killed.

Anyone see this event?
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 22-09-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Curious, (and not that this necessarily matters in this case) did the van have its hazards on?

If she skidded for 100 metres where @ 100km/h your @ 28 metres per second, what speed was she at and how close was she to the truck?? 2 seconds, three or closer?

HAD another a couple of days ago where a B-Double stopped dead (complete and sudden total electrical faiure) left lane/shoulder around a downhill left curve on the Hume near Yass. A few managed to miss him, one didn't then was rear-ended, the truck that drove into the stopped vehicle was killed.

Anyone see this event?

My uncle and his son attended that to tow the trucks to the police holding yard for forensic testing.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #10
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Good to hear she's ok James22.

Man.... that's a BIG drive into the city isnt it?
Old 22-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #11
AuFairlaneV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
My g/f, was driving to sydney this morning for a managers meeting. Anyway on the far side of bathurst, between kelso & lithgow, she was following a semi trailer.
She was going to pass the truck but thought it was too dangerous, as he was swerving left and right over the road. About a km later there was a van parked just off the road on the left.
The truck driver swerved back over to the left & the trailer collected the van, half crushing it and sending it spinning and rolling into the scrub. The truckie hit the brakes & my g/f was forced to hit the brakes to avoid colliding with both the van and truck, skidding down the hwy for nearly a 100m with her brakes locked.

The bloke in the van is alright, he was airlifted to hospital.
The bloke in the truck said he was having difficulty seeing as the sun was in his face.

The police attended and now she has to go back to bathurst next week, to give additional statements.

I had a similar incident, out my way, truck missing gears swerving all over the road, I managed to overtake on an overtaking lane. Found out 20mins later from a family member that the truck had gone off the road and knocked down a few fences or something. Turns out the truckie had stopped off at the pub on the way home, after the crash he done the runner to aviod breath test, so dont know if he was charged or not some irresponsible people out there!
AuFairlaneV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Anyone see this event?
Yes I was on my way to Henty for the Machinery Field Days . Came on it minutes after it happened, It was a bad one .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #13
maty
territorytx

Quote:

Anyone see this event?

Its was lucky for the driver from the broken down B double he was standing near the passenger door when it got hit, stood no chance if standing on the other side. The broken down b double got hit on the back right of the b trailer with the front left of the prime mover that hit him n dragged down the right hand side of the b double.
maty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #14
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I quite offen see this type of driving up & down the freeway from truck & cars. Aleast your girlfriend was ok.