Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #1
nc_fairlane

Default Re: Sync 2 upgrade to Sync 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fairlane View Post
Currently working on a Sync 3 for the FGX/SZ2 Territory i managed to get a cheap screen & Apim only issue might be the brackets i'll keep you guys posted.
Guys just a update i have successfully made Sync 3 work in a FGX/SZ 2 Territory i do have some minor bugs to sort . Which ill attack soon so far apple car play and android auto do work. These units needs some serious software modification to work in the falcon.
nc_fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2018, 12:45 AM   #2
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Guys just a update i have successfully made Sync 3 work in a FGX/SZ 2 Territory i do have some minor bugs to sort . Which ill attack soon so far apple car play and android auto do work. These units needs some serious software modification to work in the falcon.
Did you just post your working photos on Facebook? Seen a photo of an SZ2 ICC running Sync3 . But the photo appeared to be on a test bench outside the vehicle? What are the bugs that you ran into ?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #3
nc_fairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Did you just post your working photos on Facebook? Seen a photo of an SZ2 ICC running Sync3 . But the photo appeared to be on a test bench outside the vehicle? What are the bugs that you ran into ?
Correct that photo was actually taken in my FG Falcon as i was doing a software update on the apim. Bugs might be from the old software on the unit
V 2.0 Software which has now been updated to V 3.0 and 2017 Maps. I'll do some more testing today.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Correct that photo was actually taken in my FG Falcon as i was doing a software update on the apim. Bugs might be from the old software on the unit
V 2.0 Software which has now been updated to V 3.0 and 2017 Maps. I'll do some more testing today.
Was the ICC attached to your FG falcon ? That's amazing work btw
Old 05-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
nc_fairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Was the ICC attached to your FG falcon ? That's amazing work btw
The icc was originally a FGX Sync 2 after a lot of hours i managed to get to work in the FG with just a can bus module and a new airbag module.

Today i found out i cannot get to work in the FG as i cannot deactivate drive in motion lock.

So this morning i attached to the territory did some more modifications and can now say it's working 100% in my SZ2 Territory. I'll give it a week before i give it the ok need to be certain no little surprises come up.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #6
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
The icc was originally a FGX Sync 2 after a lot of hours i managed to get to work in the FG with just a can bus module and a new airbag module.

Today i found out i cannot get to work in the FG as i cannot deactivate drive in motion lock.

So this morning i attached to the territory did some more modifications and can now say it's working 100% in my SZ2 Territory. I'll give it a week before i give it the ok need to be certain no little surprises come up.
What is drive in motion lock ?
Old 05-04-2018, 08:52 PM   #7
YTRY4
Starter Motor

Quote:

Awesome work! I saw the facebook post, Which Sync3 unit did you get? As in from what car? I'd assume it was cheap from a wreck.

I assume the original FGX brackets worked alright? or custom brackets required?
YTRY4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2018, 10:35 AM   #8
Vnhon1

Would forescan work on the falcons?