Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default If a kangaroo grabs your dog...

punch him on the nose

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/hom...06b6eee5eeec20

and before animal rights activists jump in, skippy looked fine to me, and they are considered a pest by pretty much every farmer out there.

pretty funny, and pretty ballsy by the bloke to stand his ground.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: If a kangaroo grabs your dog...

i saw that on the news, wow. but what was the roo doing or going to do with the dog?
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #3
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Anything or anyone touches my dogs in a way the dogs are not happy with will mean bloodshed.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
Kryton

Theres a back story for those that dont know or for anyone that wants to have a sook about him punching a Kangaroo:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33419015...o-video/#page1
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 10:56 AM   #5
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I think the debate about whether he really needed to snot the roo will rage on for a few days with no real outcome.

tl;dr backstory to the video:

Sick kid wants to go boar hunting before he dies. Local group of hunters take sick kid along & film the journey for him. They do their boar hunting with dogs that wear chest armour. Kangaroo punch-on occurs. Everyone's facebook newsfeed is clogged with kangaroo punch-on for the best part of a week.

To be honest I don't know if the bop on the nose was truly necessary as his dog was freed by that point, but then again this is a guy who was forced to make a snap decision to save his dog, & at the end of the day skippy hopped away with a sore schnoz & a sob story. Obviously with how things turned out, the punch ensured they'd be left alone, but it could've gotten pretty messy if the roo arced up & clawed him.

As for pig-dogging... I'm all for hunting if the prey is killed swiftly, ie shot. Feral pigs are a destructive pest so (swiftly) killing them for food or just for reducing numbers is a winner in my opinion. I get that dogs can be required to flush out prey. But I can't get my head around pig-dogging where the dogs are used to actually grab a hold of the boar, for it to either be torn apart alive by the dogs or so the hunter can stick it.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #6
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As for pig-dogging... I'm all for hunting if the prey is killed swiftly, ie shot. Feral pigs are a destructive pest so (swiftly) killing them for food or just for reducing numbers is a winner in my opinion. I get that dogs can be required to flush out prey. But I can't get my head around pig-dogging where the dogs are used to actually grab a hold of the boar, for it to either be torn apart alive by the dogs or so the hunter can stick it.[/QUOTE]

Well hunting wild pigs with dogs is a barbaric pastime carried out by TOUGH men with guns and dogs.Some of them actually get their jollys watching their dogs maul pigs to death and go off crook if the pig tears a hole in the dog whilst trying to defend itself
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #7
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't understand the whole hunting thing myself.

People that enjoy killing stuff seem to me to have a few screws loose upstairs. They usually do it under the guise of helping farmers get rid of pests....

If they are so adamant about helping people, why not volunteer at the local Nursing Home? Or go door knocking for the Red Cross.

But the Video is pretty quintessential Outback Aussie..
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 04:12 PM   #8
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

People that enjoy killing stuff seem to me to have a few screws loose upstairs. They usually do it under the guise of helping farmers get rid of pests....

If they are so adamant about helping people, why not volunteer at the local Nursing Home? Or go door knocking for the Red Cross.

I have hunted in Africa - remember walking up a "koppie" (rugged rocky little mountain, with a .22 for "dassies"- rock rabbits. Hunted buck on foot for a day, hot hard work, got nothing- game too wary. Was a buzz- like the time I was alone and came across fresh leopard tracks in a gully- looked at my .22 and it did not add up and got out of there quick smart.

Thing is- hunting in Africa on foot I get- is a buzz cause there are animals that can do you in even with a gun. So there is always a knot of fear in the gut- and is a buzz. In the bush- what is popular is a 2 barrelled shot gun, 2 triggers, cause you have 2 chances to save your life....

Went of a weekend hunting trip out back of Tamworth -to kill feral roos and pigs. Guy said I had to come -would never forget, and I never have. One little guy loved killing -swaggered about- third night I had enough- said lets get a fire and get ****ed, truth is I wanted the killing to stop. He was swaggering about like a big man.

I said to him, you would never be dressed like that hunting on foot in Africa. He responded why? I pointed at his belt- you got no knife. In Africa there are actually animals that will attack you and kill you- different to here.

In Africa most hunters who hunt on foot alone or with a few others always have a big knife. Cause in Africa, thick bush, you can become the hunted and sometimes you may hit an animal like a leopard but it will be on you, and your last change of defence is your knife.

Actually, had a relative who was attacked by a leopard, missed with his rifle, and he said the last thing he remembered was like a spotted tennis ball with teeth launching through the air at him. He had to use his knife -killed the leopard, but was badly mauled and spent a few months in hospital.

I do not get the thrill of killing roos and pigs - no challenge or buzz in it - and unless you are a farmer pest controlling or getting food to eat, pretty weird way of getting your jollies off

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 06-12-2016 at 04:22 PM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 10:00 PM   #9
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post

Actually, had a relative who was attacked by a leopard, missed with his rifle, and he said the last thing he remembered was like a spotted tennis ball with teeth launching through the air at him. He had to use his knife -killed the leopard, but was badly mauled and spent a few months in hospital.

Got to be honest mate, I would have been rooting for the Leopard...

Why the F...k would you want to shoot a Leopard?

Some people a seriously ****** in the head.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #10
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:

rabbits, foxes, indian miner birds, roos, pigs,cane toads, cats and wild dogs are all introduced (excluding the roos) pests that do harm to the native Flora and fauna. its a good thing to eradicate them , and help to restore the native balance. just so you are aware mate.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #11
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
rabbits, foxes, indian miner birds, roos, pigs,cane toads, cats and wild dogs are all introduced (excluding the roos) pests that do harm to the native Flora and fauna. its a good thing to eradicate them , and help to restore the native balance. just so you are aware mate.
Yeah I know quite a few people like that, just so you are aware mate.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #12
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yeah but that doesnt stop roos knocking down fences, ravaging crops or foxes killing lambs or goats/rabbits overbreeding and decamating the paddocks, wild cattle destroying fences, camels drinking water troughs dry.
City slickers living in lala land with rose coloured glasses.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #13
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Yeah but that doesnt stop roos knocking down fences, ravaging crops or foxes killing lambs or goats/rabbits overbreeding and decamating the paddocks, wild cattle destroying fences, camels drinking water troughs dry.
Unless they live in the country people won't understand.

Once you see the damage a single mob of feral pigs can do to a crop in a single night, or what they will do to the last dam of water supply for the farmers cattle before he has to cart in water from 100's of KM's away, or walking through a paddock and finding a heap of day old lambs worth $60-100 each with their throats ripped out by foxes it all starts to make sense. There could be thousands of $$ worth of income lost in a single night. So it does not really surprise me that these people spend a considerable about of time hunting these pests on their land.

Some farmers will even pay professional hunters to do culls when stuff gets out of control, we had a recent feral pig cull here recently, and they shot around 1000 pigs in one afternoon on one property via aerial cull.

Living in a capital city where water never runs out and bread and meat are bought cheap from the shop killing some pigs may seem barbaric or punching a feral roo causes outrage in some bleeding heart making them cough into their caramel latte and choke on their raisin bread.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 06-12-2016 at 11:36 PM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 11:54 PM   #14
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Maybe you should re-read my post, to clarify for the slow ones, it refers to people who enjoy killing stuff. The ones who refer to hunting as a sport.

Plenty of people who get their rocks off by shooting stuff. They don't own livestock, they just own a gun and head into the bush to kill things.

Last edited by Stefan; 07-12-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:21 PM   #15
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
I think the debate about whether he really needed to snot the roo will rage on for a few days with no real outcome.
They do their boar hunting with dogs that wear chest armour.
To be honest I don't know if the bop on the nose was truly necessary as his dog was freed by that point, but then again this is a guy who was forced to make a snap decision to save his dog, & at the end of the day skippy hopped away with a sore schnoz & a sob story. Obviously with how things turned out, the punch ensured they'd be left alone, but it could've gotten pretty messy if the roo arced up & clawed him.

As for pig-dogging... I'm all for hunting if the prey is killed swiftly, ie shot. Feral pigs are a destructive pest so (swiftly) killing them for food or just for reducing numbers is a winner in my opinion. I get that dogs can be required to flush out prey. But I can't get my head around pig-dogging where the dogs are used to actually grab a hold of the boar, for it to either be torn apart alive by the dogs or so the hunter can stick it.
no im not against roo culling , ive shot a few in my time on farms not just for the meat
but as you stated their pig dogs (more than one) wether or not they were wearing chest armour if the dog was in danger why put him self in danger and why weren't the dogs being more aggressive ??
to me seemed more like he wanted to be a hero looking tough when wasn't needed
and im actually surprised the group was able to get that close with out the roo taking flight , as it seemed accustomed to things like this

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #16
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Pig hunting is a major past time where I live, dogs don't rip any pigs apart

Most dogs will locate and bail up pigs till the hunter can get there to dispatch it by either stabbing it through the heart or shooting it.

Some dogs called 'luggers' will grab hold of the pig when the hunter gets close so the pig can be stabbed safely, if the pig is to be shot hunters will use 'bailers' who locate the pig and follow it or bail it up somewhere, they won't actually engage the pig.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #17
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Re the roo and the punch.

Well the dog is lucky as male roos can and will kill dogs quite easily.

Most people see just little skippy, but these especially in breeding season can be quite aggressive, most hunting dogs will avoid roos, and are trained to sniff out and locate pigs, they will generally just run past roos or any other animal such as sheep, cows, emus, horses etc. Animals city folk imagine quite placid can be quite aggressive, a horse for example will happily kill a dog that gets too close if it is not well trained.

Not sure how the roo got hold of the dog, but that dog was in real trouble and about to be torn to bits, so the owner did what he had to do.

Once the roo let go of the dog it's focus was on the man, if the roo attacked the man it could easily have disembowelled him or caused other serious injury.

A small punch distracted the roo so that everyone could escape to safety.

There will always be people who complain about hunters etc without actually understanding the importance to game management, feral pest control etc etc, and the same people will happily tuck into a nice T bone or rack of ribs without a second thought.

May be if these people could not buy their plastic wrapped meat and actually get out into the paddock and pick out a beast then kill and dress it to eat, we would have a lot more vegetarians. Again this is what a lot of country people will do, it's normal here to walk out into your paddock grab a lamb or cow, kill it and eat it. When my neighbour has a party the first thing he does is kill a lamb or two to feed the people attending.

Both my kids have grown up in the country and have been on pig hunts with dogs, most kids around here kill their first pig by the time they are 10-12. does not do them any harm, actually teaches them where meat comes from.

City kids probably don't even realise they are eating an animal when they have meat, actually pretty sure some adults don't realise it.

To be honest personally I think unless you have at some stage killed your own animal and eaten it you probably have no right to eat meat or judge those that do the killing on your behalf so you can enjoy your plastic wrapped steaks....

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 06-12-2016 at 10:33 PM.
7 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #18
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Pig hunting is a major past time where I live, dogs don't rip any pigs apart

Most dogs will locate and bail up pigs till the hunter can get there to dispatch it by either stabbing it through the heart or shooting it.

Some dogs called 'luggers' will grab hold of the pig when the hunter gets close so the pig can be stabbed safely, if the pig is to be shot hunters will use 'bailers' who locate the pig and follow it or bail it up somewhere, they won't actually engage the pig.
Just to clarify, & I know it's not what you're stating in your response, my post wasn't describing the norm in pig-dogging. There have been instances though of people being fined for training their pig dogs to tear apart smaller boars & piglets, & to me that is ****ed up.

The use of luggers is a potentially disturbing practice. The pig is no-doubt often held down by its ears being caught in the dogs' jaws. Twist an ear of pretty much any animal & they submit - I had to twist the bejesus out of my horse's ear - after double injections of tranquilisers failed to sedate him - when the equine dentist came around recently so we could check his teeth. It set my relationship with the horse back a good 5+ years...

Why must a pig be pinned down by luggers & stuck with a knife, when a good shooter - despite the limitations of our gun laws on repeat-shot rapid-fire firearms - can take out a boar with the assistance of bailers? The boar is on the run, but it's still free and not pinned down in pain. For the argument some may use of "it's cruel to not get a clean shot & let the wounded animal get away in agony", the obvious counter-argument is "shoot better".

I'm 100% with you on people who eat plastic-wrapped supermarket meat really need to appreciate where their food comes from. Matthew Evans did a fantastic series on SBS recently; "For the Love of Meat" http://www.sbs.com.au/food/programs/.../episode-guide

It's not all doom & gloom, it does show how livestock can be killed more humanely than the cheapest/most-common practices that occur currently.

I've assisted in slaughters at the in-laws'. The steers we kill are fairly straightforward. I lead them into a run with a bucket of feed, the butcher lines up his rifle on the fence post, I yell out "OI!", the steer looks up, BOOM lights out. Then the butcher goes to work.

Twotooth/lambs on the other hand are a bit more disturbing, we typically get one into a crush, & again it's the butcher that actually does the killing, but this time with a razor-sharp knife to the throat, just about decapitating it in one swift movement.

So while the steers have zero clue on what's going on & are happy right up to the point of death, the twotooth/lambs have that 5 minutes of uncertainty as they're herded individually into the crush, then 10 seconds of terror as they're pinned & the butcher gets in to position, then perhaps a millisecond of pain as the knife hits. Again it's instant lights out as *everything* is severed.

The term "butcher" is often misused, to describe someone who makes a real hack of something. A true butcher is, in my opinion, an artist whose finely honed skills can make killing a clean, swift & efficient exercise, minimising undue stress & pain to the animal being slaughtered.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #19
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just to clarify, & I know it's not what you're stating in your response, my post wasn't describing the norm in pig-dogging. There have been instances though of people being fined for training their pig dogs to tear apart smaller boars & piglets, & to me that is ****ed up.

The use of luggers is a potentially disturbing practice. The pig is no-doubt often held down by its ears being caught in the dogs' jaws. Twist an ear of pretty much any animal & they submit - I had to twist the bejesus out of my horse's ear - after double injections of tranquilisers failed to sedate him - when the equine dentist came around recently so we could check his teeth. It set my relationship with the horse back a good 5+ years...

Why must a pig be pinned down by luggers & stuck with a knife, when a good shooter - despite the limitations of our gun laws on repeat-shot rapid-fire firearms - can take out a boar with the assistance of bailers? The boar is on the run, but it's still free and not pinned down in pain. For the argument some may use of "it's cruel to not get a clean shot & let the wounded animal get away in agony", the obvious counter-argument is "shoot better".

I'm 100% with you on people who eat plastic-wrapped supermarket meat really need to appreciate where their food comes from. Matthew Evans did a fantastic series on SBS recently; "For the Love of Meat" http://www.sbs.com.au/food/programs/.../episode-guide

It's not all doom & gloom, it does show how livestock can be killed more humanely than the cheapest/most-common practices that occur currently.

I've assisted in slaughters at the in-laws'. The steers we kill are fairly straightforward. I lead them into a run with a bucket of feed, the butcher lines up his rifle on the fence post, I yell out "OI!", the steer looks up, BOOM lights out. Then the butcher goes to work.

Twotooth/lambs on the other hand are a bit more disturbing, we typically get one into a crush, & again it's the butcher that actually does the killing, but this time with a razor-sharp knife to the throat, just about decapitating it in one swift movement.

So while the steers have zero clue on what's going on & are happy right up to the point of death, the twotooth/lambs have that 5 minutes of uncertainty as they're herded individually into the crush, then 10 seconds of terror as they're pinned & the butcher gets in to position, then perhaps a millisecond of pain as the knife hits. Again it's instant lights out as *everything* is severed.

The term "butcher" is often misused, to describe someone who makes a real hack of something. A true butcher is, in my opinion, an artist whose finely honed skills can make killing a clean, swift & efficient exercise, minimising undue stress & pain to the animal being slaughtered.
Good post.

The problem is not everyone here has a firearms license or owns firearms or is interested in owning any firearms and having the responsibility associated with firearms ownership.

So most hunters around here hunt with knifes, it is actually the preferred method, those using firearms are the odd ones out.

Different areas may be different.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 08-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #20
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Good post.

The problem is not everyone here has a firearms license or owns firearms or is interested in owning any firearms and having the responsibility associated with firearms ownership.

So most hunters around here hunt with knifes, it is actually the preferred method, those using firearms are the odd ones out.

Different areas may be different.
It's a perverse twist with the gun control laws, when the more brutal lugging/knifing takes precedence over shooting.

I'm bad at taking things off topic
Old 06-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #21
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #22
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rst2000.I think that sort of language is not needed on a forum llke this!!
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2016, 12:12 AM   #23
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
rst2000.I think that sort of language is not needed on a forum llke this!!
Four letter words are no big deal any more in today's world & his language is also unisex!
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #24
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

IDGAF, Kangaroos are bloody stupid and can be downright deadly. Any of the bleeding hearts crying about this have clearly never been on the receiving end of a hit from a pest Kangaroo.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #25
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

That roo was just about ready to open him up. The tap to the jaw probably just confused it and so decided to go away
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 05:33 PM   #26
Pis-ton broke
Banned

i thought the guy was having a bit of fun. also, can,t the roo balance back onto his big tail and let fly with one or two feet? ive heard the toe nail can cut you open, is this true?
Old 06-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #27
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That roo had the dog up under his belly, he was bout to rip it apart.

The question for me is why? Usually a roo would run a hundred miles from a dog and they run at them if they think they can't get away. Only time I have seen a roo grab a dog like that is in water, where the roo has the advantage.
Bucks will grab the joeys like that when mum has a headache and doesn't want to play, it can be quite brutal.

Dad used to shoot out the roos in the 50's and 60's, these days we leave them alone, they don't eat much in the scheme of things, it's a win-win.

Not in a million years would I let a shooter onto the property, bloody idiots take out more stock than they do introduced feral pests.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #28
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have seen the way kangaroos punch and kick each other, you would know that this kangaroos would have not been actually injured.

They are dumb animals and I am not a fan. I see them on the train tracks standing in the middle of the track looking at the train that's blasting it's horn and they don't move a muscle. Some of the alpha male kangaroos square up like they are about to fight the train. It never ends wells for them.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 08:06 PM   #29
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I'm surprised one of the animal loving organisations hasn't gotten involved. The Kangaroo has rights !
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #30
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I'm surprised one of the animal loving organisations hasn't gotten involved. The Kangaroo has rights !
The right to be turned into a lean steak or a nice sausage? Anyway, I don't think any thing wrong in that sense of the term has been done. The guy wanted his dog to stay alive, yes skip let go before he jabbed it, but he didn't jab it when it was running away, it may well have reared up on its tail and done what they do. That video should have probably been left to show the boys at the pub when they didn't believe the story as opposed to being put on Facebook where all it takes is one person to start jumping up and down then others follow suit. Think about it, had the roo either killed the dog or hurt the bloke and the video went up, a cull would be on in the area wouldn't it?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post