Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default are they blind or just stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrobe Valley Express
Police clocked a P-Plate driver travelling at almost 200 km/hr in Traralgon on Saturday night. The 19 year old Traralgon man was travelling east along the the Princes Highway at Traralgon when he was caught travelling at 191 km/hr in an 80 zone about 11pm. Police allege the man had his 16 year old in the car and had been licenced for 14 months. His vehicle was impounded for 48 hours and his licence suspended for 12 months. He allegedly told police he was late to drop his girlfriend home.
printed in Monday, 25 January 2010 issue.

to the near sighted fool that did this - I am pretty sure the girls' parents would prefer her daughter home late over never returning to them at all, and whats more how can YOU have not heard about the recent events?

Thankfully this individual was caught and processed by police instead of being caught and processed by a tree or other innocent bystanding object.

Also it takes balls harder than titanium to speed on that road at that time of night due to the night life present there and not to mention the quite heavy police presence - thankfully he got nabbed

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the crash where 5 were killed is much more to do with drink driving than hooning. The media and pollies/police will tell you otherwise.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
the crash where 5 were killed is much more to do with drink driving than hooning. The media and pollies/police will tell you otherwise.
Okay, the 5 killed had alcohol to blame (in no way is that an excuse), but what's this bloke's excuse?

Twelve months in prison is the only sure way he won't drive again.
Old 26-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:

Hmmm, hitting a tree at 140km/h is more the problem. If he was drunk and driving at 5km/h and hit the tree, his drunkeness wouldnt have killed him.
Old 26-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Always coppers hiding up there. Its as bad as the Monash Fwy with the cameras almost.
Blue Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
Also it takes balls harder than titanium to speed on that road at that time of night due to the night life present there and not to mention the quite heavy police presence - thankfully he got nabbed
More likely he had a big bowl of STUPID for breakfast that morning.
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
left
Lady Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ice
Always coppers hiding up there. Its as bad as the Monash Fwy with the cameras almost.

And your point being....? That coppers "hiding" is worse than some moron doing 200kmh? I think not.

Quote:
Building sites on a hot day: the females equivalent to a strip club
left is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
His vehicle was impounded for 48 hours and his licence suspended for 12 months.
Therein lies the problem, they carry on about people speeding and all they dish out is this.

IMO he should have the impounded for a minimum of 3 months(or more) and suspended from driving for 2-3 years.

If he drives like that on P plates he doesn't deserve a licence.
:
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #9
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Let's call a spade a spade, you sir are a f#$%ing moron,
If this guy is serious??? we are fighting a loosing battle, if he is taking the pi$$, wrong time and place,man.
I've just dropped my kids off, had a couple of beers so used the fu#$ing cabs!!
If you can't see the inherent sadness of this story and have only to offer some crap about where we should or shouldn't place cameras, we are in big trouble.
Maybe I have read your post wrong
Old 26-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #10
zdcol71
zdcol71

Police clocked a P-Plate driver travelling at almost 200 km/hr in Traralgon on Saturday night. The 19 year old Traralgon man was travelling east along the the Princes Highway at Traralgon when he was caught travelling at 191 km/hr in an 80 zone about 11pm. Police allege the man had his 16 year old in the car and had been licenced for 14 months. His vehicle was impounded for 48 hours and his licence suspended for 12 months. He allegedly told police he was late to drop his girlfriend home.

To blueice, my apologies, I did't read the original post correctly, it appears the guy had his 16 year old girlfriend with him, here's me thinking it was his 16 year old daughter, or 16 year old sister with him!!! Guess there is a dammned good reason they put the radars where they do.
Old 26-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So what's your point? Both the same, both equally as stupid.....

Old 26-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
Thornie
Off smelting

Love how these threads turn into a "I'm right and your a **************** for your opinion" flame fest on the first page.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

So they take the licence for 12 months, but give the car back 2 days later.

Yeah, im sure he wont drive it for the next 11months and 29 days :

I say take the licence AND car for 12 months!
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #14
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
So they take the licence for 12 months, but give the car back 2 days later.

Yeah, im sure he wont drive it for the next 11months and 29 days :

I say take the licence AND car for 12 months!
Id say take at least one or the other for life!
Old 26-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Let's call a spade a spade, you sir are a f#$%ing moron,
If this guy is serious??? we are fighting a loosing battle, if he is taking the pi$$, wrong time and place,man.
I've just dropped my kids off, had a couple of beers so used the fu#$ing cabs!!
If you can't see the inherent sadness of this story and have only to offer some crap about where we should or shouldn't place cameras, we are in big trouble.
Maybe I have read your post wrong
I'll rephrase it for you, since you seem to have little grasp of the English language.

Only a moron would speed, let alone at that speed with a passenger in the car. And only a really really brain dead fool would attempt to try it in that location, after all, half the local population, and the driver is a local, just like myself, is aware how bad that road is and how 99% of the time a copper is set up there with a radar.

Next time leave the personal attacks out of it.
Old 26-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #16
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by left
And your point being....? That coppers "hiding" is worse than some moron doing 200kmh? I think not.
My point being that besides the obvious fact he shouldn't have been driving at that speed, he should have known it's a highly dangerous stretch of road. Besides the well known local fact that there is a high chance of being pinged for speeding.
Old 26-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #17
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

So what's everyone's point? This has nothing to do with recent events, Mill Park or the extinction of the Dodo.

FFS people you are all starting to sound like Herald Sun reporters.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the reason I posted this is because clearly the message hasn't got through, getting his girlfriend home on time was more important than their lives, the spectre of a speeding fine or any number of other things that could have happened as a result of this very stupid act, not even their peers dying gets them to behave. I am glad the police nabbed them if he was going that fast through the town of Traralgon how much faster would he have gone out of town on the highway. Had he not been intercepted by the police it very well could have been another double fatality.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 12:34 AM   #19
braddyxe51
cortyboy

Silly boy. Ban lic for a few years. loss of car as well for 3 months. Someone who spins a wheel gets a week of car impound first offense. WA anyway.
Im surprised it does say anything about high powered car in the write up. most of the time it does even when there isnt one involved.
braddyxe51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #20
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The probably is that the TAC and the government don't see stupidity and idiocy as a reason for accidents and death on the road.

Those five kiddies that died last week in the Falcon...a friend of mine raised the inference (he 4WDs a lot and has proven to be a very safe and skilled driver) that the driver would have driven at that speed drunk or not. He was simply a young idiot.

Unfortunately, there is no screening process or test that can be taken until people do something like this.

After the events of the recent week where people have died from travelling at high speeds, if people cannot understand the consequences, then tear their licenses up and ban them from driving for far, far longer than we currently do.

Why should a family of four or five driving safely down a road after a great day out have to pay one day because some other tool such as this doesn't understand how to read a number and how to apply it to their vehicle.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #21
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
IMO he should have the impounded for a minimum of 3 months(or more) and suspended from driving for 2-3 years.

If he drives like that on P plates he doesn't deserve a licence.
:
Exactly. Great post.

As I was recently corrected, driving is a privilege.
If you cannot understand that and exercise the laws of the road, then there has to be a consequence to go with it.

A slap on the wrist does not count.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 27-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #22
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My point being that besides the obvious fact he shouldn't have been driving at that speed, he should have known it's a highly dangerous stretch of road. Besides the well known local fact that there is a high chance of being pinged for speeding.
That point is completely irrelevant.

The issue here is that he was speeding and was not following the law.
The consequences of driving stupidly have been clearly shown over the past fortnight.

The reason for following the law of the road does not come from a fear of being caught by the police for doing the wrong thing. The reason is that you will get to your destination safely, and so will others.

The bolded text alone almost implies that speeding is okay if you're not caught.
I KNOW that is not your point, but mine is that whether a road is patrolled or not is absolutely irrelevant.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 27-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #23
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I personally pray for the time that the one single idiot in a group of people, will not sway others to do something stupid... because they end up doing it, getting away with it and going something more stupid... and for what? cause they let peer pressure teach them a bad lesson instead of listening to people who actually respect the road??

the worse part about stories like this is that i work with kids who will soon be able to drive on the roads... and there have been far to many deaths of local kids here of late... it really does worry me...

and yes, i did have a point... it takes one stupid diot in a crowd to turn others into idiots if they let them...
Old 27-01-2010, 02:15 AM   #24
braddyxe51
cortyboy

It not matter how much restriction or training ya make people do these days. An idiot is gonna do idiot stuff.
kids attitudes have changed and prob get worst.

What I want to know is has the percentage of accidents in the separate age bracket gotten any higher since the 60/70/80s. Sure there are heap more but thats because a heap more are getting them these days.
There may have been more crashes in older day just never reported cos the steel cars most of the time still drive after a crash unlike ******** boxes these days
Old 27-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #25
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddyxe51
It not matter how much restriction or training ya make people do these days. An idiot is gonna do idiot stuff.
kids attitudes have changed and prob get worst.

What I want to know is has the percentage of accidents in the separate age bracket gotten any higher since the 60/70/80s. Sure there are heap more but thats because a heap more are getting them these days.
There may have been more crashes in older day just never reported cos the steel cars most of the time still drive after a crash unlike ******** boxes these days
Some of those steel cars with those big rigid steering wheels used to cause serious injury to the driver.
Cars fall apart on impact so that the driver remains safe. Sure, the car is a mangled wreck sometimes, but I prefer that than having a steering wheel pushed through my chest, with the engine not far behind.

It is fact that males 18-24 are killed more often than any other demographic on the road. However, people aged 65 and over are involved in more accidents.

I read that article back in 2002. Whether it has changed or not I do not know. Somebody else can fetch that data.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 27-01-2010, 02:49 AM   #26
braddyxe51
cortyboy

Ya you are right and those male made up a higher percentage of the driver on the road so there is going to be more of the having crashes than any other age/sex group.
The older people are most likely to be doped up on god know how many different pills while driving make just as bad as a young person drunk or on drugs.
I know older cars can kill just as easy as new ones. I should had explained better. Kind of meaning at lower speed/ not so serious crashes. Also point out that if ya car survives a crash ya will drive it home and not report it. Making the stats lower than how many have actually crashed.
Old 27-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #27
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddyxe51
The older people are most likely to be doped up on god know how many different pills while driving make just as bad as a young person drunk or on drugs.
You must have taken a crash-course in senior stereotyping.

It is a known fact that as people get older, their eyesight, hearing and reflexes are not as great as they once were. Judgement is compromised by these factors.

Not every senior Australian is 'doped up on God knows how many different pills'.

Some are simply past the stage where it is no longer safe for them to drive.

I would not oppose more rigid testing for over 70s. It is not only in everybody else's best interests, but also their own.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 27-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #28
braddyxe51
cortyboy

Thats what I said to my nan when she complain that she couldnt read road sign. She didnt like it at all.
The doctors took hers away from her. bad eyes.

70 maybe even 80 depending on there health.
Old 27-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #29
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Exactly. Great post.

As I was recently corrected, driving is a privilege.
If you cannot understand that and exercise the laws of the road, then there has to be a consequence to go with it.

A slap on the wrist does not count.
Bingo. Driver is a moron, period!
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #30
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Blah blah blah guys an idiot

I agree, very silly.

BUT! Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.....

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post