Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Default Leaky roof, repairs needed Melbourne Eastern Subs

With all the rain in Melb the last 2 days I have a leaky roof. It's a brick veneer house, tile roof with concealed guttering (mongrel stuff) which was big in the '70's and early '80's. Anyway, there are not enough downpipes to clear all the water. Yesterday I think most people in the area copped it but it's happened again tonight with rain not as heavy as yesterday.

Also, we have the roof leaking along the main ridge cap. My youngest son went into the roofspace and confirmed this, was able to see where the water was comming in. None of us is handy and even if I was I'm a 150kg fat bastard who would fall through the tiles anyway!!

Anyway, I need the main ridge cap checked and re-pointed, may also need a bit of other mortar work done as well. I also need a couple of extra downpipes installed and plumbed into the storm water.

If anyone can put me onto someone good who won't try to rip us off it'd be much appreciated. I know I'll have to wait till after Christmas, will just have to hope the rain subsides greatly until then.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Geez Craigly...Give Jack a trowel....He will be over in a jif...I just got home myself to a flood in the backyard...but god it was good to dance in the rain!! Took a pic of two guys canoing down Jersey Road too...

Best of luck getting it fixed! If you find someone good...send em this way...out gutters are stuffed too!

P.S Thanks Craigly for all ya kind word. You have been a true mate..We think ya great!!
Old 22-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #3
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

if still needed give me a yell, Dad is a plumber and lives in FTG, however he is here with me for Xmas but his offsider is still back home..would be happy to pass on his Mobile number.

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post