Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Student Racecar stolen - Melbourne

Just posting this up, not from the team but a rival one. Wondering if people can keep their eye's out for anything.

Quote:
The 2009 VU-SAE car was stolen in its trailer some time between last Friday evening and early afternoon on Sunday. The registration number of the trailer is, R54 202 (VIN 6T9 T20 V97 601 ED 087). It is a white four-wheeler with VU-SAE signs on it. Attached is a picture of the car with the trailer in the background, and half the VU team about two weeks ago.

Please contact either the police or the project supervisors (Ozden.Turan@vu.edu.au or Eren.Semercigil@vu.edu.au) with any information.

Thank you.

FSAE cars are pretty unique, and somewhat unusual in regard to normal race cars. Also considering it's a student built car it's kinda heartbreaking to have it stolen on you, considering the competition is in December.

If anyone spots or hears anything please contact the police.

Many thanks

Cheers
Ben

superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i cant imagine how it feels to have the SAE car stolen, i was involved with this last year (JCU team) ... hope you get it back in one piece

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
MAD
Petro-sexual

I cant believe someone would steal an FSAE car. You couldn't use it anywhere without risk of someone noticing what it is.

I really hope for the guys that it gets returned. They would be in the final testing stages around now and to be so close only to have it stolen would be absolutely heartbreaking.
Old 13-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm on the Wollongong team for this and next year, I'd hate to think how terrible they'd feel. There is SO MUCH work put into these cars to get them ready for just 1 event per year and to have that taken away at what is undoubtedy a critical time of year would be heartbreaking.
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Terrible news, i was aiming to be part of the RMIT Program a few years ago and massive amounts of work go into these projects.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmelon
I'm on the Wollongong team for this and next year, I'd hate to think how terrible they'd feel. There is SO MUCH work put into these cars to get them ready for just 1 event per year and to have that taken away at what is undoubtedy a critical time of year would be heartbreaking.
I'll hopefully be joining the UOW team next year.

Sucks to hear it was stolen, as has been said they are built from the ground up.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
I cant believe someone would steal an FSAE car. You couldn't use it anywhere without risk of someone noticing what it is.
Current theory hear at Swinburne is that the trailer's been nicked with the culprits realising what was still in side.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That rollbar looks pretty flimsy. Hope the thieves roll it & break their necks.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 04:17 AM   #9
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
That rollbar looks pretty flimsy. Hope the thieves roll it & break their necks.
Thats far too quick ...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post