Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Got some new speakers today

I got a new PC monitor and a set of speakers today, speakers are Logitech Z2300 THX 2.1s and are rated at 200W RMS and 400W Total. The monitor is a BenQ E2200HD, native resolution is 1920x1080 (Its a 16:9 panel) and my PS3 there is hooked up to it via HDMI and the PC via DVI-D

The speakers were $155 from MSY and the monitor was $233, quite cheap hehe. The speakers are pretty good, had some hard trance going on them before and the sub pumps pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
gtfpv
GT

whats tissues and a computer got in common . is that part of the hardware . ??

seriously though . that is a massive subwoofer . i'll be upgrading my speakers soon too. as i play heaps of music now on the computer , it has replaced my hi fi stereo.
well done .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
whats tissues and a computer got in common . is that part of the hardware . ??
Thats just mean.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, tissues are there because I have a cold/leaky nose, not for what you think they are there for. I can't be bothered walking out into the kitchen to get them, so I took the whole box with me
Quote:

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 31-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks good, i wish there was an msy in perth, their stuff is so cheap...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #6
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On their website, they have "2. SOON and 3. SOON" next to WA, so maybe you're in for one sometime soon.
Quote:

Old 31-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #7
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Nice gear.

MSY and IT Estate are the best places to source bits. I use static ice to find the best prices. I have access to wholesale parts through altech and computeck and others but msy and it estate are cheaper than the wholesalers for most things. Since I like Ford Forums I can tell you that complete system prices dont get lower than IT estate. For example - a brand new full set up with dual core cpu, 160gb HDD, 19 inch lcd, keyboard etc... under $500.

Check out my PC one day (I am pretty proud of what I have screwed together)- its mostly IT estate and MSY sourced except the GPU - its a 4870x2 and ebay had it for $650 delivered.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IzDl8U...e=channel_page
and MK11 http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQ9Df...eature=channel

Scores easy 14000 3d marks on 06 and 13000+ on vantage

I run a Q6600 at 3.15ghz with 4gb 1066mhz RAM on a p45 chipset gigabyte mobo. I have a 750gb HDD with 32mb cache.
My screen is a asus MK241H - HDMI and built in camera it was $339 at IT estate. Watercooled Kandalf/Thermaltake case was only ~$360 at IT estate, 1000 Watt Antec PSU was $289 at msy ($360 at others).

If I was to buy my set up retail I would have spent in excess of $4000 but cost price for parts was $2000. Its an expensive game trying to keep up with latest tech and titles but its cheaper than cars!

DT200r regoed Hack
Plus the rest.

Old 31-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #8
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a pretty good computer you got there, I turned back to consoles for gaming though. I got the PS3 running through the small speakers on the monitor, because I can't be bothered getting under the desk and plugging in the adaptor for my speakers haha. I don't listen to music on my PS3 anyways, so its good enough. Its good because with the press of a few buttons, i can switch from PC to PS3 easily.
Quote:

Old 01-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #9
azaxr8

you should clean that desktop up:P
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a look at those speakers and did a lot of research before finally settling on the Altec Lansing MX5021 THX speakers, Iv'e got them hooked up to a Creative X-Fi Extreme Music sound card, I'm really happy with the sound that comes from them, for music reproduction they are just superb.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
MSY and IT Estate are the best places to source bits.
MSY here in Melbourne have terrible customer service. They're semi-professional compared to others. They don't answer phones or emails. Admittedly, I built this computer from parts I purchased from them...guilty.

BUT CPL here are only slightly more expensive (building this PC would have cost me like 20 bucks more), but answer phones, have a nicer showroom, more staff, more room to park, answer emails, and all staff know their product.

It's important to shop around.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
Mental
Cam Luncheon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
Nice gear.

MSY and IT Estate are the best places to source bits. I use static ice to find the best prices. I have access to wholesale parts through altech and computeck and others but msy and it estate are cheaper than the wholesalers for most things. Since I like Ford Forums I can tell you that complete system prices dont get lower than IT estate. For example - a brand new full set up with dual core cpu, 160gb HDD, 19 inch lcd, keyboard etc... under $500.

Check out my PC one day (I am pretty proud of what I have screwed together)- its mostly IT estate and MSY sourced except the GPU - its a 4870x2 and ebay had it for $650 delivered.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IzDl8U...e=channel_page
and MK11 http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQ9Df...eature=channel

Scores easy 14000 3d marks on 06 and 13000+ on vantage

I run a Q6600 at 3.15ghz with 4gb 1066mhz RAM on a p45 chipset gigabyte mobo. I have a 750gb HDD with 32mb cache.
My screen is a asus MK241H - HDMI and built in camera it was $339 at IT estate. Watercooled Kandalf/Thermaltake case was only ~$360 at IT estate, 1000 Watt Antec PSU was $289 at msy ($360 at others).

If I was to buy my set up retail I would have spent in excess of $4000 but cost price for parts was $2000. Its an expensive game trying to keep up with latest tech and titles but its cheaper than cars!
Mate, I have a very similar system here.

Core2 e8600 @ 4.5ghz
Asus Rampage Formula mainboard
4870x2 2gb
2x 2gb OCZ 800mhz RAM

For the Love of all that is Mighty, get an e8600. Standard they are clocked at 3.33ghz .. currently I have mine running at 4.5 !!! They're insane! Was rock solid at 4ghz on 100% stock voltages. All I had to do was increase the CPU voltage a meager 0.12v from 1.27v to 1.39v which is much lower than anyone else I have seen on the web. It has given me no troubles at all. I can't see myself having much trouble getting another 200mhz out of this thing.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental
Mate, I have a very similar system here.

Core2 e8600 @ 4.5ghz
Asus Rampage Formula mainboard
4870x2 2gb
2x 2gb OCZ 800mhz RAM

For the Love of all that is Mighty, get an e8600. Standard they are clocked at 3.33ghz .. currently I have mine running at 4.5 !!! They're insane! Was rock solid at 4ghz on 100% stock voltages. All I had to do was increase the CPU voltage a meager 0.12v from 1.27v to 1.39v which is much lower than anyone else I have seen on the web. It has given me no troubles at all. I can't see myself having much trouble getting another 200mhz out of this thing.

eeermmm !!!! i have a wireless keyboard, my speakers have 2 volume controls , one on the speakers and one on the keyboard, my screen is lcd. i have lots of plugs at the back and eermm i can burn dvds.
is my age showing here ??
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #14
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaxr8
you should clean that desktop up:P
If it ain't gonna clean itself, then it can stay that way :P
Quote:

Old 02-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
Thats a pretty good computer you got there, I turned back to consoles for gaming though. I got the PS3 running through the small speakers on the monitor, because I can't be bothered getting under the desk and plugging in the adaptor for my speakers haha. I don't listen to music on my PS3 anyways, so its good enough. Its good because with the press of a few buttons, i can switch from PC to PS3 easily.

would a KVM switch solve this for you?

DT200r regoed Hack
Plus the rest.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #16
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
eeermmm !!!! i have a wireless keyboard, my speakers have 2 volume controls , one on the speakers and one on the keyboard, my screen is lcd. i have lots of plugs at the back and eermm i can burn dvds.
is my age showing here ??
Just type numbers and letters and say its the latest stuff from Europe.....

DT200r regoed Hack
Plus the rest.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #17
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
MSY here in Melbourne have terrible customer service. They're semi-professional compared to others. They don't answer phones or emails. Admittedly, I built this computer from parts I purchased from them...guilty.

BUT CPL here are only slightly more expensive (building this PC would have cost me like 20 bucks more), but answer phones, have a nicer showroom, more staff, more room to park, answer emails, and all staff know their product.

It's important to shop around.
Yeah - thats a well known problem. Have a read at whirlpool - they bag out the crap customer service regulalrly. (Sorry to the OP for posting so much in your thread, but I like techy stuff)

DT200r regoed Hack
Plus the rest.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #18
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
MSY here in Melbourne have terrible customer service. They're semi-professional compared to others. They don't answer phones or emails.
I'll second that... pathetic
Old 02-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #19
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll third that, ever stood in a "Pascoevale MSY around the shop" line before? Also, never answering the phone or return emails, so you turn up, wait 40 minutes in line and FINALLY get to the front counter, to be told they have no stock left. Also just have a read of the websites, gramatical errors galore.
Quote:

Old 02-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

I just upgraded from MSY too.

i7 920 QC cpu (with Noctua cooler)
4870X2 2GB
6GB 1333mhz DDR3 RAM
X58 P6T Deluxe
HAF 932 Case
XFI xtreme gamer sound card
24" Monitor

And as for speakers, I went with the G-51's. They beat my old crappy Dell ones!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #21
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
I just upgraded from MSY too.

i7 920 QC cpu (with Noctua cooler)
4870X2 2GB
6GB 1333mhz DDR3 RAM
X58 P6T Deluxe
HAF 932 Case
XFI xtreme gamer sound card
24" Monitor

And as for speakers, I went with the G-51's. They beat my old crappy Dell ones!
cutting edge. Excellent

DT200r regoed Hack
Plus the rest.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #22
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Core i7 ey? Cutting edge indeed, techreport reviewed them not that long ago.
Quote:

Old 02-01-2009, 11:58 PM   #23
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
Core i7 ey? Cutting edge indeed, techreport reviewed them not that long ago.
mmhmm. Overclocked it to 3.4ghz on stock cooler. Will go for 4.2 when the aftermarket one arrives.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #24
Bent8
Long live the GT !

I've got those speakers too, bloody awesome sound and you never need more than half volume to get the room shaking. :

Paid $150 cash for mine about 4mths ago.

Hey, I'll let you in on a little secret...these Logitech's sound best when you play 70's rock through them!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #25
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funnily enough, the majority of my music is 70s/80s haha.
Quote: