Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2016, 08:58 PM   #121
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford View Post
IMO, the FPV F6 will be the car to own in the future for Ford fans.
Maybe....time will tell. I fondly remember the same was said over at the red corner when they released the VL turbo. Time does funny things to people's thoughts and desires.
Like I said, we've been spoilt with the boosted engines. Pigs in $)(; for a while.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 18-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #122
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzman View Post

Bit tough comparing a 40 year old technology clevo .... but I know which I'd rather have to start up a build
No not comparing just making an observation. I've been fortunate to own both. A mighty XE ESP 351 which I spent a lot of coin on. A LOT.
As a stocker I hated it. The clevo was asthmatic and died at 4800 RPM. After many years and many mods it became a gem.
Same with my 5.4 GT. Quite lacklustre until it was modded with the usual bolt ons. It's now a pleasure to drive and easily turns the new Michelin 275 rears if you provoke it.

I wish I had the money and room to have had both side by side in my garage
Both collectable imho.

I still miss this guy.....

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 18-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #123
last Outlaw

Very nice Bluey , cars look great .
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #124
SprintFg
Banned

I think ultimate performance is what makes cars desirable.

That's why the i6t and supercharged V8 cars have to be top of the list for desirability, they are best of breed, best ever for far.

Not saying the other models aren't great in their own way.

My point is less about future collectibility or value but more about getting your hands on a factory forced induction falcon as near or new as possible. As a ford enthusiast, they are a must have. Best of breed, you can't ask for more from ford.

The only thing that can tarnish these cars is Mustang. If in years ahead we all may think back and say, how did we drive those ugly Falcons. The new mustang is a stunning looking car and make the Falcons look very Average. I think the only thing to save the reputation of falcon is the i6t and supercharged v8.
Old 18-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #125
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
No not comparing just making an observation. I've been fortunate to own both. A mighty XE ESP 351 which I spent a lot of coin on. A LOT.
As a stocker I hated it. The clevo was asthmatic and died at 4800 RPM. After many years and many mods it became a gem.
Same with my 5.4 GT. Quite lacklustre until it was modded with the usual bolt ons. It's now a pleasure to drive and easily turns the new Michelin 275 rears if you provoke it.

I wish I had the money and room to have had both side by side in my garage
Both collectable imho.

I still miss this guy.....

Both those cars are just awesome, and very collectable - particularly the XE ESP assuming it was a matching numbers factory 351 4 speed. Only thing that would negatively affect their value would be any modifications...
Old 19-09-2016, 08:53 AM   #126
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized View Post
Both those cars are just awesome, and very collectable - particularly the XE ESP assuming it was a matching numbers factory 351 4 speed. Only thing that would negatively affect their value would be any modifications...
I can't help myself. All my cars have been modified. The ESP was no exception. When it was sold it went with as much of the original bits as I had kept. My current car the BFGT is also modified. I keep all the original bits and treat my cars with respect and maintain them at the highest level . But I love to drive them and modify them.
I guess in time regardless of how collectable a model is, it doesn't mean much to me if I haven't personalised it and enjoyed it. To me it's more about how driveable it is and the experience rather than how collectable it is....

Check out this phase 3 with the living daylight driven out of it....no regrets...

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 19-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #127
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

She is just a GT Buey, not a Phase 3, well known car around the traps. There was another wild violet XY GT with sunroof in a very similar state over in WA. Very Cool.

Both not very desirable as they don't have Sync2..
Old 19-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #128
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
She is just a GT Buey, not a Phase 3, well known car around the traps. There was another wild violet XY GT with sunroof in a very similar state over in WA. Very Cool.

Both not very desirable as they don't have Sync2..
"Just" a GT... My bad
A very well driven collectable for sure. Would love to see pics of the wild violet one as well.
See if it was mine , I would have retrofitted the sync 2 as my 1st mod..

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 19-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #129
SPRINT 398
Starter Motor

Quote:
The 2.73 diff ratio didn't hurt the "little brother", the XR6T/G6ETs. The real problem the 5.4 had was the T6.

Whilst the GT has the name, the F6 has the gun engines. Aussie built engines that made so much torque throughout the rev range that Ford had to bring out the Miami as the 5.4 wouldn't hold a candle to it. HSVs couldn't compete until they finally introduced the LSA.
IMO, the FPV F6 will be the car to own in the future for Ford fans.
well thats crap with a capital C Put a kenny bell on and compare apples to apples the outher 2 are force feed, and i own both atm and a 5.4 near on stock with a 75hp nos kit and it hangs with the others at any speed..And it has hosed many T6 and Miami SC powered FPVs Chris at BPR put a KB on a 200,000 km old black boss 260 XR8 ute Ten years ago and it ran 9s every day of the F$%&ng week it was his daily driver,,,,,These are facts Cheers
Old 19-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #130
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post

Check out this phase 3 with the living daylight driven out of it....no regrets...
The fluffy purple dash matt has does a fantastic job of keeping that car in good nick.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #131
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the BF Wagon will be the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon because like most other people in this thread I think the car I currently own will be the best.
5 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #132
SPRINT 398
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
Hmm. EB EL GT's, try building one. See if you can make it look right.

Then do the same with a B series GT, go see your local signwriter, pick out your stripe colour and you're 98% done.
sorry to ruffle your feathers there mate.. Stripes,well i ordered my BF.GT without stripes ..and when i brought my BF SUPER PURSUIT new off the floor i demanded the Stripes where removed before i picked it up ,as far as making the EB/EL GTs look good yeh drop it on its hole and fill it up with feet,,its a reicipe that always works [however some can stuff it up]however it has a GT badge so first and foremost get it to hammer,when a 5ltr eb/el fairmont is on par performance wise then ford stuffed up,,,im sure your cars a ripper mate and didnt mean it in content to **** anyone off,im saying them models didnt deserve the badge ,,,no other GT falcon Ever built left the factory without a magor performance boost over the standard V8 falcon KEEPING IT REAL CHEERS
Old 19-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #133
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINT 398 View Post
well thats crap with a capital C Put a kenny bell on and compare apples to apples the outher 2 are force feed, and i own both atm and a 5.4 near on stock with a 75hp nos kit and it hangs with the others at any speed..And it has hosed many T6 and Miami SC powered FPVs Chris at BPR put a KB on a 200,000 km old black boss 260 XR8 ute Ten years ago and it ran 9s every day of the F$%&ng week it was his daily driver,,,,,These are facts Cheers
So, your 5.4 needs a NOS kit to "hang with the others" ?

Standard vs standard, what was quicker ?

Fact of the matter is, it has been proven time and again that the T6 was miles quicker than the 5.4
2 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2016, 08:47 PM   #134
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINT 398 View Post
sorry to ruffle your feathers there mate.. Stripes,well i ordered my BF.GT without stripes ..and when i brought my BF SUPER PURSUIT new off the floor i demanded the Stripes where removed before i picked it up ,as far as making the EB/EL GTs look good yeh drop it on its hole and fill it up with feet,,its a reicipe that always works [however some can stuff it up]however it has a GT badge so first and foremost get it to hammer,when a 5ltr eb/el fairmont is on par performance wise then ford stuffed up,,,im sure your cars a ripper mate and didnt mean it in content to **** anyone off,im saying them models didnt deserve the badge ,,,no other GT falcon Ever built left the factory without a magor performance boost over the standard V8 falcon KEEPING IT REAL CHEERS
Ok, let me get my head around your logic.

My GT isnt as good as your GT because your GT goes faster than my GT.
Is that it?

You have clearly never driven an EL GT because it will quite comfortably dispatch any other E series V8 stock for stock. And what it doesnt outrun it will outhandle. But never let numbers get in the way of a good story eh, which, by the way looks something like this:

EL GT - 200kw
EL XR8 185kw

BF GT - 290kw
BF XR8 - 260kw

Yep, HUGE difference there isnt it.........

I love you how dont mean to bag my car - you just dont think it should have the badge it has. No worries, no offence taken. I'll hang on to mine, you hang on to yours and let's leave it at that, because if I get started on the damage the B series GTs have done to the badge you might get upset.

.................but I wouldnt mean to do that.
Old 19-09-2016, 10:03 PM   #135
edchung2000
Starter Motor

Quote:

Is that it?
Yes, and don't forget the Sprints aren't as good as the FPV GTs simply because of the GT badge, regardless of the fact that Sprints have better performance.
But the E-series GTs are not worthy of the GT badge simply because of its performance.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-09-2016, 12:54 AM   #136
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if I was going to buy a late model Falcon to hang on to I would get the latest manual FGII GTP I could

only car that got all the good bits
Old 20-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #137
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by edchung2000 View Post
Yes, and don't forget the Sprints aren't as good as the FPV GTs simply because of the GT badge, regardless of the fact that Sprints have better performance.
But the E-series GTs are not worthy of the GT badge simply because of its performance.

Its taken alot of years but were finally getting to the bottom of what the best falcons are
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 20-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #138
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:

Fact of the matter is, it has been proven time and again that the T6 was miles quicker than the 5.4
Between traffic lights yes.
Track them for 6 hard laps and see which one fares better as a "performance car"

Collectability is in the eye of the beholder.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
3 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #139
SPRINT 398
Starter Motor

Quote:
so, your 5.4 needs a nos kit to "hang with the others" ?

Fact of the matter is, it has been proven time and again that the t6 was miles quicker than the 5.4
nos is a blower in a bottle the two you are talking about are blown so take the hair drier of the 6 and the huffer of the miami and lets see who is who in the zoo

Last edited by GasoLane; 20-09-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Tone it down a bit
Old 20-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #140
SPRINT 398
Starter Motor

Quote:

Is that it?

You have clearly never driven an EL GT because it will quite comfortably dispatch any other E series V8 stock for stock. And what it doesnt outrun it will outhandle. But never let numbers get in the way of a good story eh, which, by the way looks something like this:

EL GT - 200kw
EL XR8 185kw

BF GT - 290kw
BF XR8 - 260kw

I love you how dont mean to bag my car - you just dont think it should have the badge it has. No worries, no offence taken. I'll hang on to mine, you hang on to yours and let's leave it at that, because if I get started on the damage the B series GTs have done to the badge you might get upset.

All good mate
sounds to me your happy with your car and you defend it well
you have your heart in the right spot mate and your a FORD man
Old 20-09-2016, 08:57 PM   #141
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*opens can of worms*

Personally, I think the E-series GTs are infinitely more desirable than B-series GTs. E-series GTs are rare, and well looked after examples still fetch decent coin for them, whereas B-series GTs - particularly the BA - look comparatively bland and are a dime a dozen. If I had the choice between a mint EL GT and a mint BF GT, I'd pick the EL.

B-series may be faster and more powerful, but so what? GT stands for "Grand Touring", they're supposed to be comfortable tourers with effortless power.

Now, where did I put that Kevlar vest?
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
3 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2016, 09:43 PM   #142
66 STANG

I had always (recently) assumed the EB / EL GT's were worth the least out of the whole GT range, until someone pointed out they are now worth more than BA, BF, and 315 FG's. While my EBGT may not be the fastest GT in my shed, I still love driving the old girl around occasionally as it definitely delivers a unique feel that the lower spec V8 models of the era can't deliver.
3 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2016, 10:23 PM   #143
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 STANG View Post
I had always (recently) assumed the EB / EL GT's were worth the least out of the whole GT range, until someone pointed out they are now worth more than BA, BF, and 315 FG's. While my EBGT may not be the fastest GT in my shed, I still love driving the old girl around occasionally as it definitely delivers a unique feel that the lower spec V8 models of the era can't deliver.

Best of Breed or Best of Series for the win...............ultimately, desirability always seems to zero in on this concept.

Cheers Mick
Old 20-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #144
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Really guys?. who gives a flying ....! we should all be proud of what we have been blessed to drive as Ford men. I have owned all but 2 models of GT's and loved them all.

I LOVE ALL FORDS
Old 20-09-2016, 11:49 PM   #145
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
*opens can of worms*

Personally, I think the E-series GTs are infinitely more desirable than B-series GTs. E-series GTs are rare, and well looked after examples still fetch decent coin for them, whereas B-series GTs - particularly the BA - look comparatively bland and are a dime a dozen. If I had the choice between a mint EL GT and a mint BF GT, I'd pick the EL.

B-series may be faster and more powerful, but so what? GT stands for "Grand Touring", they're supposed to be comfortable tourers with effortless power.

Now, where did I put that Kevlar vest?
Totally agree, love the EL GT. In fact the styling of the whole EL range has aged really well.
Old 20-09-2016, 11:53 PM   #146
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Is that it?

EL GT - 200kw
EL XR8 185kw

BF GT - 290kw
BF XR8 - 260kw

Good post, I'd really like to see the EL tested against the ED Sprint, they are the high points of Ford Oz in the 90's

EL
200kw @ 4700
420Nm @ 3700
just under 7s to 100, just over 15 second quarter

ED Sprint
192Kw @ 5000 (mumbles of 200)
400Nm @ 4000
7.2 to 100, 15 second quarter IIRC

Sprint has more rev to it, could it beat the EL GT? Anyone tried?
Old 21-09-2016, 12:18 AM   #147
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers View Post
Really guys?. who gives a flying ....! we should all be proud of what we have been blessed to drive as Ford men. I have owned all but 2 models of GT's and loved them all.

I LOVE ALL FORDS
Totally agree... We should celebrate and respect all models! GO THE MIGHTY FALCONS!!!

XC R-Pack Falcon sedan 1978
2012 FPV GT

Previous cars:
BA XT 5.4 3V 5 speed 2004 RIP
Ford Focus ST 2014 RIP
FGX Falcon XR8 2015 RIP
Old 21-09-2016, 03:19 AM   #148
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They're all performance rated to there era !!....some rate better than others (debateable)

It's sad but these are performance cars ....and production is ending , think back to average cars,hillman hunters ,Vauxhall vivas ,cortinas etc.....think of how collectible they became ,and how few they became so quickly ......the same will happen to the falcon ......ALL models will be so desirable
Sad really.......treasure what you have !!

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 21-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #149
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edchung2000 View Post
So what you are saying is if the GT floats, it's made out of wood and therefore is a duck???

Best Falcon ever made was a Fairlane...
Old 21-09-2016, 02:04 PM   #150
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

very small rocks?
Closed Thread