Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
AndrewE

Default Club Rego

Hi Guys

Wondering if you can help me, I got a XY Falcon passed down from the old man and want to restore it (when I have the available funds) but in the mean time we're looking into registering it in a club to get cheaper rego (6 cars is enough to pay for) the car hardly moves anymore, it's been locked up in the garage and taken out once every couple months, So does anyone know of a club and how this all works??

Thanks
Andrew

AndrewE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contact VicRoads (I think that's the right place for Vic) and ask them what restrictions they have on Club Rego (might be historic rego like here in Adelaide).
Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
AndrewE

yeah tried that.. but everytime i ring there is a 40min + waiting time, and I cant do that a work, and by the time i get home there shut..
Old 08-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Call a club direct and ask for their club rego registrar.

Off hand, some restrictions include (in NSW at least): Only driving on official club events, hmmm only driving 5km radius around where its garaged, and driving to and from any sort of repair / service / rego places.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
AndyZH

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...lubPermits.htm
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #6
AndrewE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyZH
Thanks Dude
Old 09-01-2008, 07:27 AM   #7
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

One of the Holden Monaro clubs has the local V8 supercar rounds listed in their newsletters club events. So the boys can all legally drive their shiny old historics out on display for the races – top idea.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post