Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Herald Sun Carsguide (June 12 2009)

I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about the carsguide in todays herald sun?

Double page feature on GM Holden, another page on the VEII/VF and an article on the first page to say they aren't apologising for their 2 page Holden feature and aren't biased towards Holden ( and of course against Ford). Every article and word on Holden was in a very positive manner, not a single negative in fact.

What was there on Ford then? Well 2 articles actually! Sound promising? Well the first one was entitled 'More Ford Problems' and the second "Ford, Toyota no big deal on service". Note the clever use of the comma and putting Ford first. What might amaze you is that Holden was actually the worst of the lot in their clearly printed statistics. Scratching your head? I know I was. Not a single positive thing said for the blue oval. Oh and our forum was even quoted for Territory problems. :P

How about the letters? Our favourite. Ford? 3 more very negative letters. Holden? 1 positive letter.

I haven't started a thread about this before, but I think this deserves a bit of attention. Does anybody actually know why they hate Ford so much and love Holden so dearly? Is it because they loved the VE so much and the FG came along and bettered it in every way which made them despise it like an 8 year old seeing his favourite footy team get flogged by another?

I'm not quite sure but i'd like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Last edited by ST; 13-06-2009 at 12:17 AM.
ST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw that this morning as well and posted in this thread. It's bloody ridiculous! :
Old 13-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I'd imagine there's really only 1 reason why they're seemingly Holden biased.

Money.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Not really. As was demonstrated in the other thread, Paul Gover has been a Holden puppet for decades, and continues to be. You will never get an unbiased opinion from Gover and friends. I'm surprised a journo of so little credibility still has a job. Oh I forgot, the Tele's famous for inaccurate, biased, sensationalism. I guess he fits right at home....
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Gover is the overall head honcho of everything motoring across the whole NewsLtd group.
Old 13-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
TP351
Lurker

I was outraged yesterday when I flicked through it! Frankly, I don't know why I was suprised or why I even bother to look at it. How obvious can they make it and still claim they're not biased??? I take this stuff personally, since I work there, as this sort of negative sensationalism directly effects my livelyhood. :

For some reason, Ford seems to be seen as the evil american giant, while GMH is somehow the True Blue Aussie car. Someone needs to let all these Bozo's know that H*lden is about as Australian as a burito. : Unfortunatley, there are way too many sheep in this country though.......

Oh, what? Here we have another nice new little Daewoo, lets just bang a H*lden badge on it. OK, there we have it! A nice new Aussie car! It will sell like hot cakes......just like that 80/100 aussie 4x4 Captiva........ /end sarcasm.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP351

For some reason, Ford seems to be seen as the evil american giant, while GMH is somehow the True Blue Aussie car. Someone needs to let all these Bozo's know that H*lden is about as Australian as a burito. : Unfortunatley, there are way too many sheep in this country though.......
Gover would have you believe that the 48/215 Holden was created by a smiling Mr Holden tinkering away in the shed in the middle of a drought, while bushfires and floods threatened all around, building Australia's first car for the 'dinkum' Aussie battler while Mrs Holden was in the kitchen making scones...... Meanwhile, the evil American Ford empire was stormtrooping it's way across the Pacific to takeaway the Aussie ingenuity and lifestyle....

Ford and Chrysler never denied their roots, while GM/Holden has cleverly relied on the true blue Aussie, cap in hand, underdog status for decades to get it's own way while ignoring the truth. Gover continues to proport the myth.
Old 13-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Meh - nothing new then?
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #9
buickman
buickman

Cars guide might seem to sound bias against Ford but if the product has quality issues whats wrong with letting owners of the make and model know about it so they can get the car fixed under warranty . It also puts the pressure on the manufacturer to at least show they want to fix the issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP351
For some reason, Ford seems to be seen as the evil american giant, ....

Maybe Paul Gover read the book by Michael Woodiwiss on Organized crime and American power of Henry Ford’s hiring of gangsters in the 1930's to use fists, rubber hoses and firepower on his workers to keep the assembly lines uninterrupted.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #10
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

You missed the point buickman .... Every manufacturer has issues and Holden have the same as everyone else, but its not highlighted. That second bit, might be true, have no idea ..... but HUH?

As far as recalls go, its not Cars Guides job to inform the owners, it up to FORD and they do and I have been contacted on 1 for the BA and 1 for the Territory. Of course they can report it but the way they go about it, it is ridiculous.

Its a matter of keeping things in prospective .... and they don't do that!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
HSE2

After the other thread I went and purchased this publication to have a read.

I did note that "we" this forum received credit as a source and someone from here was quoted although that person wasn't credited with the quote.

As in the other thread there are some real issues that need to be address under the skin, but there is no doubt the continued reference of a Territory brake issue that has been recalled is designed to do one thing only.

Glover is a fool of a man. Paul your second page disclaimer was necessary for good reason. It’s you and your publication. You don't find yourself in a position of defence on this issue for no reason.

There were no counters or balance on your reporting and there haven't been for some time. Context!

That said, the question at the heart, is why are the Ford products suffering in the way they are? Many of these issues are not parts made by Ford. Supposedly these cars have their backside tested off them and with each model the manufacturer takes great pride in revealing the "rigorous" kms conducted.

So then the question is why does product testing not reflect real would conditions?

Do suppliers have a quality issue or do they change specs in the name of cost savings and not fully comply the "improved" product.

With many of these issues it really does sound like a design fault which should have been picked up in product evaluation in the first place.

You can’t keep repeating the same process and expect a different result. There is a fundamental issue here that isn't Fords post reaction cleanup.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingy351
Gover would have you believe that the 48/215 Holden was created by a smiling Mr Holden tinkering away in the shed in the middle of a drought, while bushfires and floods threatened all around, building Australia's first car for the 'dinkum' Aussie battler while Mrs Holden was in the kitchen making scones...... Meanwhile, the evil American Ford empire was stormtrooping it's way across the Pacific to takeaway the Aussie ingenuity and lifestyle....

Ford and Chrysler never denied their roots, while GM/Holden has cleverly relied on the true blue Aussie, cap in hand, underdog status for decades to get it's own way while ignoring the truth. Gover continues to proport the myth.
If it wasn't for General Motors, Holden would still be making horse carriages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
[/COLOR]
Maybe Paul Gover read the book by Michael Woodiwiss on Organized crime and American power of Henry Ford’s hiring of gangsters in the 1930's to use fists, rubber hoses and firepower on his workers to keep the assembly lines uninterrupted.
Sorry you lost me... where's the problem with that??? _2:

I read something similar in Robert Lacey's book on Ford about that. Wonder what ol Henry would think of the union stranglehold today???

Paul Gover = tool, and a useless one at that..