Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
luke187
TAXI06

Default SE QLD cruise spots

My car is nearly done and its been over 12 years since ive been for a cruise so i have no idea anymore. Where do people end up gathering for thurs/fri/saturday day/nights in Brisbane mainly but anywhere else noteworthy in the region?

Old 01-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 
Default Re: SE QLD cruise spots

Check out Boost Losing, I mean Cruising for all the hangouts. Or the thread on QLD cruise and meet up thread on here.

There seems to be a lot of people going to Harry's Diner on the North Side still, when I've been in town I've driven past a few times. Nothing out my neck of the woods though.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

You can keep your eye on this thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=156

As for Thursday/Friday/Saturday night meet ups around Brisbane there's still a few, they used to be ok but the gloss has gone off for me. Mainly boy racers in their ricers and attract the wrong sort of attention.

Petrie markets on Friday nights are pretty good, friendly rock n roll atmosphere and good tucker. Another one is at Morayfield on the first Saturday of the month - used to be at the Masters car park, then moved across the road, not sure if it's still running though. Last I heard there was issues with the organisers not doing the right thing.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

I think what you drive will dictate where you hang out.

Masters at Morayfield and Petrie markets are more for the pre 85 cars. I'm not sure where the young kids and their computer cars hang out. As Dave said we have a QLD section and every ford is welcome to come for a drive when we get off our ***** and organise a cruise.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
I'm not sure where the young kids and their computer cars hang out.
Everywhere
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
ford_falcon666

Check out munchies on a Friday night.
There is usually a fairly solid turnout, from old to new and everything in between.

Elizabeth Street Acacia Ridge.
ford_falcon666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_falcon666 View Post
There is usually a fairly solid turnout, from old to new and everything in between.

That's always a great look.

Plus on Saturday nights they are down at Hungry Jacks in Browns Plains.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yatala Drive-in has an event on November 1st. If you don't like ricy cars, I haven't seen any there. They hold these events twice a year and there's always a good turnout.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2014, 05:26 PM   #9
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_falcon666 View Post

Used to be Beatty Rd up to the one lane bridge!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #10
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Harrys on the nth side is popular on Thursdays with the import mob,
Fridays at Harrys is the old school cars.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #11
Gypzy
FG XR6 Tray back

What about Mt Gravatt lookout? Great views all round, (by memory). Or even Mt Cootha. Not sure on what sort hang out there now but wasn't to bad 25 years ago. (ooops, showing my age now).
Gypzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #12
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypzy View Post
What about Mt Gravatt lookout? Great views all round, (by memory). Or even Mt Cootha. Not sure on what sort hang out there now but wasn't to bad 25 years ago. (ooops, showing my age now).
Yeah, I'm old and stale too - great spot though. Last time I was there we donned our LED headlights and went for a walk around the tracks, was a good night and a great view of the city.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #13
luke187
TAXI06

Thanks lads, didnt get a chance to check back as ive been flat out finishing the car up. Took it out for a quick spin tonight, happy days. Will head out saturday night for a look, car is a turbo ba futura so i guess its a computer car import muscle car lol.