Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
ingall9

Default why do some people find it so hard

had to do a quick trip into town this arvo and as i pulled onto the highway i had to wait for some clown in the right lane with no other car in site, i pulled out and moved into the left lane and before getting into town i caught him up. Yep, still in the right lane. I flashed my lights a couple of times, i wasnt to close or anything like that. In the end he refused t move so i had to pass him on the left. as i came up along side he was sitting there with a big smirk on his face like he had achieved something, yeah braking the law is cool mate, good one. Why do people find it so hard just to keep left, the highway was quiet he wasnt overtaking anyone.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingall9
had to do a quick trip into town this arvo and as i pulled onto the highway i had to wait for some clown in the right lane with no other car in site, i pulled out and moved into the left lane and before getting into town i caught him up. Yep, still in the right lane. I flashed my lights a couple of times, i wasnt to close or anything like that. In the end he refused t move so i had to pass him on the left. as i came up along side he was sitting there with a big smirk on his face like he had achieved something, yeah braking the law is cool mate, good one. Why do people find it so hard just to keep left, the highway was quiet he wasnt overtaking anyone.
what speed was he doing ?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
fmc351
let it burn

White bubble driving. They used to promote it.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
ingall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersINC
what speed was he doing ?
my speedo is 10k's out but it was hovering between 110-120 (according to my speedo but it would be more like 100-110, more often closer to 100 and sometimes under 100. I wouldnt have cared if he was sitting on 110 i would have sat back in the left hand lane and cruised along behind but he kept slowing down and speeding back up for some reason (and this was before i caught him)
Old 13-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

speed doesnt matter, if he/she is in the right lane and is not overtaking anyone, and has the ability to move to the left lane they bloody well should
Old 14-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #6
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Cool

I simply overtake them on the left, and show them what I think of them out:

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
Old 15-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a situation the other night, I was driving along in a 60 zone, doing 60 and I had some smart cookie on my tail flashing his lights at me. I moved to the left, but he didnt overtake me, just sat to the right hand side of the lane.

Got to a T intersection with a slip lane, I turned left and merged into the right hand lane, as the left lane ends pretty much straight away. In my passenger side mirror, I see him run up behind me, dodge around me and speed off ahead of me.

Later on down this road is an 80 zone, I approached a car ahead of me doing about 70, to find that it was the same guy as before. I sat behind him for a while, and then decided to overtake him. Long clear stretch, indicated right and accerated around him.
What did he do? He floored it. So I thought, "fine, you wanna be ahead, then be ahead."

I braked so I could fall back behind him, but no, he decided to brake as well, to keep me beside him. I braked down to about 40km with him following suit, so I decided to floor it and get ahead of him. Yep, he floored it too.

Thing is, theres a bit of a difference between an 80kW 1.8L Corolla, and a ~160kW 4.0L Falcon.

Needless to say, his peenie was cut down to size.

Although I enjoyed putting him in his place, it annoys me that there are people out there like that. I wasnt out to race, I wasnt out to prove that Im a man. I just wanted to get from point A to point B.

There are people who break the law, thinking they're being nice safe drivers, and there are people who break the law just to be idiots.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
Old 15-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just put your indicator on and start moving across. I'm sure he would have gotten out of the way then.
Old 15-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate right lane hogs, I just shift it down a gear or two and over take em on the left lane with a ****ed off look on my face.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
Old 15-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

you people get angry far too easily. and no, i don't sit in the right lane before you ask, i just save my anger for things that have real consequence in life
Old 15-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #11
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the misfortune of being near this middle aged guy in an old Camry today. I could see him up ahead - he was turning left from a side street onto a main road. He had the gap, but hesitated 3 seconds before pulling out, straight into the right lane in front of me and then pottered along at 30km/h, I was doing 70, so I slowed down rapidly. We were both turning right at the lights, they went green and he was 20 metres from the lights - I almost missed the lights because he was still pottering along slowly. Frustrating, but I can deal with all that.

The very disturbing part was that he turned right to the RIGHT of the median strip AND the car waiting at the lights going the other way. I took off to see him in my mirror manoeuvring himself onto the correct side of the road. The intersection was Bennett st and Cheltenham rd Dandenong and there was half light, so the street lights were on but the sunrise had begun, so it wasn't pitch black. It's worrying having drivers so clueless on the roads that they can't navigate an intersection like that
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 15-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I had a guy in front of me doing only about 80-90 once, we came up to a overtaking lane, as i go to round him up he serves into the right lane making forcing me to pass on the left!, it was like he wanted me to actually go round him on that side for some reason!! :
Old 15-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
I had a guy in front of me doing only about 80-90 once, we came up to a overtaking lane, as i go to round him up he serves into the right lane making forcing me to pass on the left!, it was like he wanted me to actually go round him on that side for some reason!! :
Not as bad as the people who will sit on 80-90 on a single land 100-110km road and then just as an overtaking lane comes up they speed up to 110 :
then once the overtaking lane is gone back down to 90.
Old 15-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #14
jeremyevans

yep. hate those kind of people. just wish they'd lock themselves up and never come out again. and when you do finally undertake them, there's either a copper about or the dozey buggars will pull in on you.

on a totally lateral thinking course of action, maybe the guy was french and thought he was driving in the slow lane. get that a lot with us in the summer months. you'd be driving quite legally in the left hand lane on a dual carriageway and this french guy is flashing you to pull out of the way. (the left lane is their fast lane- back to front people)
Old 15-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

anyway, the question was asked, the answer is: people can be stupid. end!
Closed Thread