Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
grangesands
Starter Motor

Default AU 2 door coupe - QLD built

Hi , can anyone enlighten me as to number of these AU coupes that were built during the AU series life?
Anyone own one?
Any details would be appreciated

thanks

grangesands is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Well off the top of my head there are only 2 maybe 3 I know of.

These were seriously modded from standard AU's by the Hilliers family in NSW ( they are from NSW, I think). They build hearses for the most part but have a long line of Street machine & Summernats Tropy winners to their names.

The first was an XR6, maybe an 8, that was the first test mule of the idea. It may have been turned into one of the following though:

One was "The Arrow" it was green & featured in the First-ever Edition of "Australian Muscle Car" (AMC).

The other was red & was presented at the Melbourne or Sydney Motor show in the 2002/3. It was called the "<Something> 300", "300 <Something>" or maybe just the "300". Im a little sketchy on this one. I can see the picture of the car in my head. But to my knowledge, it was modded out by the Hilliers, given its 2 door change over, then given back to Ford to be fitted out. That is to the best of my knowledge.

Also to my knowledge, they were the only 2/3 built. There was plans for the arrow to go into a Limited run production, but I dont think it ever took off.

But to put it staight, no ford 2 door coupes were ever built by Ford Australia. They are all custom jobs. In fact no Falcon coupes have been made "in-house" by Ford Australia since the XC.

I dont claim to be an expert, but Im certain on my build numbers, but if someone does have better figures, then I shall stand corrected. But I am 100% sure about arrow. Never really liked the colour of that.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 19-02-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hilliers in Ternterfield NSW. #1 was an AU1 forte with an XR Front, became 300+ through some not very appreciable behaviour. #2 was an AU 1 XR8 Ex cop car. #3 is Arrow.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

IIRC a member here years ago actually brought a shell or project car..whether it was a hillers or not I cant remember.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

That would have been Chief ... it was out bush as well IIRC
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the 300+ was designed and developed by Perth-based Aftermarket company, Advanced Engine Components and Millard Design.
http://www.trueblueford.com/AU2_300plus_Coupe.html

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
the 300+ was designed and developed by Perth-based Aftermarket company, Advanced Engine Components and Millard Design.
http://www.trueblueford.com/AU2_300plus_Coupe.html
300+ was built off the Green AU hilliers converted first. Hilliers never got paid for that......
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The silver bits on the bottom of the bumpers look like ****, Other than that it looks fine.
Old 21-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
DaveTE
Back in black

The red one featured in the AMC magazine looked great. The Arrow looked a little over done as does the one featured in W.A.
DaveTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post