Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
xwgasaxe
under new management

Default Channel 10 Moto Gp/ Formula 1

Hi Fellas, I have sent an email to the Channel 10 RPM team asking why we have to get stuck with another hour and a 1/2 of Big Brother from 10.40 sunday night and the Moto GP / Formula 1 doesn't come on till 12 am.

The address is RPM and I have copied in my letter and urge any sane/insane motorsport fan to write in and address this gross injustice.

Dear Sir,

Just wanted to ask why the broadcast times of both Moto GP and Formula 1 have been moved to a timeslot that makes them virtually impossible to watch as the majority of Australian’s have to attend work the following morning. I remember the times when I could sit up through the Sunday evening movie and then watch in enjoyment either of these two great motorsport events.

The fact that Big Brother is now given this holiest of time slots (10.40) and the majority of people that watch this seemingly “Low Brow” description for a TV program wouldn’t have jobs to attend, After it has already consumed Prime Time (8.30) baffles me somewhat !!!

Considering the position Casey Stoner is in leading the championship wouldn’t it be sensible to broadcast at the 10.40 slot and when was the last time we had such a good close battle with an Australian leading and another Aussie Chris Vermulen in contention. You have to go back to the days when Mick Doohan and Daryl Beattie were in contention. C’mon Daryl pull out your big guns and stand up for us motorsport fans and stop this injustice.

Now that Formula 1 is exciting again with a Rookie leading and good quality battles between various teams, I would also want to see this at a good time. I won’t mention Mark Webber only to say I generally go to bed around lap 17 when his gearbox fails.

In summary I would really appreciate a meaningful response as I am quite passionate about this situation and don’t want to miss out on what could be a defining moment in Australian sport.

I have copied in several of my friends who feel in a similar (power) boat to myself.

Few!! Ranting and raving over.

Regards,

Old 27-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

link no worky!
Old 28-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
xwgasaxe
under new management

Sorry but it wasn't meant to be a link but an email address to send your letter of complaint to.

My Bad but not as bad as Channel 10's.
Old 28-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
pb02
inconceivable!

Man I love Foxtel!

Bikes are actually on Saturday night for me. Not sure why 10 don't have a delayed telecast late Saturday night???
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

yep ditto love my foxtel ! and that's the only reason why I got it, watch all my motorsport live at the right times....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
xwgasaxe
under new management

Yea I agree Foxtel is awesome for that and I find myself ending up at a mates house to watch the Wallibies and Super 14 live quite often.

Anyway my tirade continues against Ch10.
Old 28-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Good idea bro but it wont work, todays world is run by all these dicks that like these shows. get Foxtel as this is the season that Stoner has been waiting for. Just of topic slightly, isnt it amazing how people jump on the ban wagon so to speak, me and my mates are regulars to Phillip Island for the World Superbikes and MOTO GP and we go VIP package on pit roof, this year all sold out except for a new temporary one they are putting up at pit entrance (lame veiw that will be). they said vip sales are up by 200% and general sales up by 500%. where have all these fans been previously as this gives me the shits when you ring up the day you get the package details for VIP and they are sold out in 2 days and most of those people wont even be bike fans they are just there for the party, as they say first in first served but this MOTO GP not a rave party. so we have organised a show at home this year.
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FOxtel.. Pahh.. who needs it...
I got a 2.3 metre motor drive sat dish set up..
Watch all the events live, commercial free with all sorts of pre and post race material.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #9
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked67
Good idea bro but it wont work, todays world is run by all these dicks that like these shows. get Foxtel as this is the season that Stoner has been waiting for. Just of topic slightly, isnt it amazing how people jump on the ban wagon so to speak, me and my mates are regulars to Phillip Island for the World Superbikes and MOTO GP and we go VIP package on pit roof, this year all sold out except for a new temporary one they are putting up at pit entrance (lame veiw that will be). they said vip sales are up by 200% and general sales up by 500%. where have all these fans been previously as this gives me the shits when you ring up the day you get the package details for VIP and they are sold out in 2 days and most of those people wont even be bike fans they are just there for the party, as they say first in first served but this MOTO GP not a rave party. so we have organised a show at home this year.
Ill still be going, as I havent missed one event since they started. Even the races they had at the Up ***** Creek venue. I havent missed a WSB or 500 GP / Moto GP event since they started in Aus. And Foxtel keeps me fixed with live coverage of these events from overseas. Plus world speedway GP's American Superbikes, Irish Road Racing, Brittish Superbikes ETC ETC. :
Old 28-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP.UTE1
Ill still be going, as I havent missed one event since they started. Even the races they had at the Up ***** Creek venue. I havent missed a WSB or 500 GP / Moto GP event since they started in Aus. And Foxtel keeps me fixed with live coverage of these events from overseas. Plus world speedway GP's American Superbikes, Irish Road Racing, Brittish Superbikes ETC ETC. :
Have fun and enjoy the weekend, hopefully all the extra people wont spoil it.
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #11
xwgasaxe
under new management

I hear what your saying fellas and my main gripe is that ever since I was a little tacker, I would always stay up and watch either of these two events but it seems that having "MORONS" on BB broadcast in place of this is somehow more important considering that time slot has always been reserved for Motorsport.

And yes I could always sign up for FOXTEL but I don't watch enough TV to justify this expense that could otherwise be spent on making my Falcon faster.

Haven't recieved a reply back yet from the CH10 execs.
Old 28-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #12
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

You can subscribe to motogp.com and stream the race live...

I have Foxtel and would never go back to watching Network 10 - their commentary is the most pathetic racing commentary I've heard in 20+ years of watching motorsport.

PB02 mentioned the bikes being on Saturday night on Foxtel - that's normal for the Assen round (they've always raced on a Saturday). The Qatar race is also on a Saturday as the Arabic weekend is Friday/Saturday. All other races are on the Sunday.

As for the Phillip Island round selling out, the unfortunate thing is that MotoGP draws an 'event crowd' who go for the fact that it's a huge circus, rather than because they are passionate about the actual racing series. Cowes will be a shitfight... as much as I'd love to be there I can't help but feel that it's best to avoid this years event.

Stoner will probably have wrapped up the title by then anyway : )
1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #13
krt10
eskyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
Man I love Foxtel!

Bikes are actually on Saturday night for me. Not sure why 10 don't have a delayed telecast late Saturday night???

yup foxtel sure is great. its good to watch the moto gp, 250,125, world superbikes and world supersport races commercial free and live.