Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #121
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

if they do decide to bring the law in i will slit whoevers throat that crushes my car. nuff said.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #122
freaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
if they do decide to bring the law in i will slit whoevers throat that crushes my car. nuff said.

it seems you anticipate your will be one of the victims from your statement above. :
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #123
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

I have already told a couple of cops, that if they get me twice, they will never catch me again. they didnt like it but understood where i was coming from.

I have "hooned" lots since obtaining my licence, ,but have never even come close to hurting others. This is knee jerk legislation to apease the elderly vote ( around the same ages as little johhny) who are the baby boomers, who surprisingly are the single largest group of voters.

We will never have a ballanced government nor reasonable laws.

These types of acts are the begining of the loss of our greater freedoms, which they will take if left un-checked. yay australia, the once-free-now-heading-down-the-dunny country.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #124
freaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceofSpades
I have already told a couple of cops, that if they get me twice, they will never catch me again. they didnt like it but understood where i was coming from.

I have "hooned" lots since obtaining my licence, ,but have never even come close to hurting others. This is knee jerk legislation to apease the elderly vote ( around the same ages as little johhny) who are the baby boomers, who surprisingly are the single largest group of voters.

We will never have a ballanced government nor reasonable laws.

These types of acts are the begining of the loss of our greater freedoms, which they will take if left un-checked. yay australia, the once-free-now-heading-down-the-dunny country.
I'm sorry dude but its posts like yours that get up my skin. You have been one of the lucky ones that has not hurt anyone YET.

Things can happen in a split second, that can all go wrong and then it's too late. You suffer the consequences of killing or injuring innocent people.

Be glad you have the priviledge of having a license and being able to drive.

I will not have any sympathy if your car gets crushed or you wrap yourself around a tree trying to flee the police.

Freedom to a certain point, we still need to obide by laws.
Old 13-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #125
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this law is all about preventing bad things from happening. guess what? you cant live like that. people will always die on the road no matter what the law says. i'd rather be able to do a burnout every once in a while than live my life wrapped in cotton wool scared of the big bad world outside my door.

i'd rather a hoon who knows how to control a skid in the lane beside me rather than an inattentive old driver who hasnt driven above 55kph since 1972.
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #126
Scott

Do gooders and nanny touchers are missing the point, certainly mine anyway. My issue is that "hooning" in it's broad, all encompassing nature, is a minor if not neglibible contributor to deaths and injuries on our roads. Is a minor contributor to accidents in general and is a minor contributor to damaging others property. Why then is it being slapped with the most spectacular punishment ever seen in this country? Why has "hooning" made it's way to the top of the list?

Easy - Votes & Ratings.

Even easier is to say that if it gets votes then the broader community must have a problem with it. Why? I'd bet my left nut that 80% of the broader community haven't even seen some drongo smoke her tyres on the street. No doubt it happens, but the perception is built on all the hype created by the Media & Govt who stumbled across a story that segregated the community but didn't have to raise sex/race/religion once to make a headline. Older Voters v Hoon Voters = Landslide to the older voters. Who watches TT or ACA??

Ok, lets crush cars.
I'll live with it when a 90 year old woman gets her car crushed because she ran over a toddler because she no longer has the skills to captain a car anymore.
I'll live with it when the truck driver who drives through a line of cars has his own car crushed because he failed to maintain his brakes.
I'll live with it when the twit doing hair/makeup/reading/emailing at 110kph gets their car crushed.
I'll live with it when every driver who blows over .1 gets their car crushed.
I'll live with it when it isn't just sensationalist crap to target a relatively minor problem.

I still haven't seen anyone put their handup to say they're an angel yet. The dribble about "only repeat offenders" is rubbish - these laws could be imposed on just about every driver I know. Open the gates and watch the laws be tailored to suit whatever the agenda of the day becomes. Getting laws in is one thing - getting them out is another.

I'll still bet that the overwhelming majority of "car enthusiasts" have lit the tyres up or banged it off the lights at one time or another. Why should we have to watch our every step more than anyone else? As "car enthusiasts" we are a minority but as a minority, we still have a voice.

Do you think the amputee lesbian dwarf sex workers would take such a targetted campaign lying down?

Discourage through punishment - yes, but make the time suit the crime.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #127
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

GTP006 for prime minister
Old 13-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #128
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
wow and do you feel like the internet hero you are? I'd say all talk though.:togo:
So you admit you are one of those tools on the road that ruin it for the rest of us, one of the drop kicks that are reason for the introduction of this rule?
Why don't you grow up.

I would actually pay to see the cars from people like yourself being crushed.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #129
stupa

Just go mad max on em. leave a pound of semtex rigged up in the boot. special pressie for the crusher
stupa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #130
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
wow and do you feel like the internet hero you are? I'd say all talk though.:togo:
So you admit you are one of those tools on the road that ruin it for the rest of us, one of the drop kicks that are reason for the introduction of this rule?
Why don't you grow up.

I would actually pay to see the cars from people like yourself being crushed.
you seriously deluted if you think this isn't happening in this very forum,he had a opinion,one which i wont agree with but saying his the example is a cheap shot.

wanna see numerous mods and even members street racing i have it on a official meet of here,so talks cheap and a change needs to start from the top,and without that,you'll find theres more then one hoon on here willing to "talk it up" about these new ideas.

the idea is stupid as is the thought that it'd deter hoons
whats stopping me using a 200 dollar VN,getting a bodgy RWC
some tyres for 10bucks each(legal) from the local market,tearing a skid down the local hot spot and thinking i'd care if i lost it?

1)i'd de-rego it and use it on the next VN

2)knowing the laws i'd be able to fight it in the courts and tie up the system with my rumbling lawyer talk and medical certificates

3) then in 3-12 months im back doing it again

it wont work or it'll do is remove the "nicer hoon vehicles" and replace them with big buckets of puss that shouldnt be allowed on the road.

nuff said,over it!
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #131
freaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
some tyres for 10bucks each(legal) from the local market,tearing a skid down the local hot spot and thinking i'd care if i lost it?

2)knowing the laws i'd be able to fight it in the courts and tie up the system with my rumbling lawyer talk and medical certificates

thats alot of hassle to go through, just to be a hoon.

do you think most hoons are intelligent enought for point 2.
Old 13-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #132
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky
thats alot of hassle to go through, just to be a hoon.

do you think most hoons are intelligent enought for point 2.
Exactly, god there are ALOT of "what if's" going around.

If laws like these were ever to come around it probably wouldn't effect us anyway; we know better. Minus of course a couple of members from the last couple of pages; you must be half ****ed when you type such rubbish.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #133
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
you seriously deluted if you think this isn't happening in this very forum,he had a opinion,one which i wont agree with but saying his the example is a cheap shot.

wanna see numerous mods and even members street racing i have it on a official meet of here,so talks cheap and a change needs to start from the top,and without that,you'll find theres more then one hoon on here willing to "talk it up" about these new ideas.
I am the one giving the cheap shots? I simply commenting on his immature "opinion" of slitting the throats of people who would crush his car, wow so charming and so civilised :togo: . Now if his car was to be crushed it would be because he is a repeat offender not a one off. Judging by the tone used, he is one of the people who WOULD be targeted in this campaign and rightly so. Now if he was given several warnings including fines and a confiscation of his car for a period of time and it still didn't get into his head knowing what the next step would be, then it would be his own fault. It wouldn't be like it was a hidden law.

I don't care if it is the king of Scotland doing it, everyone knows the consequences yet still persist to obviously do something illegal then whinge and whine when it comes to bite them on the ***.
It shouldn't have to come from any level to stop it (club or forum), if some people would use the grey matter between their ears there wouldn't be any issues now would there? What is the problem with being a little more sensible on the road? I don't care if you can drive like Schumacher (or think you can more like it), the fact of the matter is a public road is exactly that, for other people in cars, bikes, trucks, etc to use. There is enough on the road to worry about other than some "hero" drifting his car in the wet while his equally stupid boyfriends cheer on.
It only took a few idiots out there to ruin it for the rest of us, i mean it wasn't like no one was warned.

Quote:

So what you're happy to be a loser to do prove what? Jeez aren't you so intelligent?
Your "rumbling Lawyer talk" and "medical certificates" may only get you so far before you're jailed and covering the costs of wasting us tax payers time and money.

Quote:
it wont work or it'll do is remove the "nicer hoon vehicles" and replace them with big buckets of puss that shouldnt be allowed on the road.

nuff said,over it!
It isn't the car that is the problem but more so the imbecile between the steering wheel and the seat. Yes there are many cars out there that shouldn't be on the road but that's for another topic.
Old 13-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #134
AndyZH

The David Wenham character in "Getting Square" captures how most hoons handle courtroom appearances...
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #135
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Exactly, god there are ALOT of "what if's" going around.

If laws like these were ever to come around it probably wouldn't effect us anyway; we know better. Minus of course a couple of members from the last couple of pages; you must be half ****ed when you type such rubbish.

are you half ****ed?
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #136
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
are you half ****ed?
Wish I was, then comments like "let them try to take my car" and "ill slit their throats" might seem humorous, but there not; and if people cant see that crap laws like what is proposed is because of attitudes like that then natural selection is not happening quickly enough.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #137
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky
I'm sorry dude but its posts like yours that get up my skin. You have been one of the lucky ones that has not hurt anyone YET.

Things can happen in a split second, that can all go wrong and then it's too late. You suffer the consequences of killing or injuring innocent people.

Be glad you have the priviledge of having a license and being able to drive.

I will not have any sympathy if your car gets crushed or you wrap yourself around a tree trying to flee the police.

Freedom to a certain point, we still need to obide by laws.

I hear what your saying. tell me how hooning along a deserted country road at 2am can hurt anyone except myself? i dont want sympathy, but i HAVE been taught how to drive and i excercise descretion.

i DO NOT excede the speedlimit in ANY built up area.
I do not hoon in urban/suburban areas.

i HAVE been stopped by the police doing my activities, have been let go due to the LACK of danger to any other people.

licence a priviledge? not really, its my liveleyhood. I provide food deliveries to a major supermarket chain. do i hoon often? no.

Are the police likley to worry about me? no. i have talked t o the locals, they know me ( not in a negative way ). they are ok so long as i dont be stupid.

by hooning im not talking about 200 kph runs, burnouts til i pop the tyres.

i just play a little, and be buggered if i wil lstand by and let minor technicalities take my ride permanantly. you wouldnt either.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #138
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Before people get their panties in a bunch they should remember one thing; this is NSW we are talking about, nobody ever gets a conviction recorded, they all get suspended sentences or the case thrown out. They already admitted it will only affect maybe 10 cars per year, what a ****.

The reasons are simple. In NSW ("state of disrepair" - this is now on our number plates) we have had an ever increasing gaol population, and to cope with this Morris (Mohammed) Iemma has taken the unprecedented step of closing gaols down; 1 plus 1 equals 3.5 hey morris. But seriously the result is the lowest ever conviction rate in the states history, and unless there is public anger there will be no conviction recorded. Of course though, if there is a large fine to be paid you will still be up for that, as in NSW (formerly New South Wales now No Services or Water), the coffers are broke and need more money for their largesse.
That was is the biggest load of dribble ive ever read in my life.
We should convict people to get the "conviction rate" up?
Has it ever occurred to you that some people arent convicted because they are actually innocent?
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #139
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good idea. They should also make the hoon witness the torture and execution.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #140
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
What is the problem with being a little more sensible on the road? I don't care if you can drive like Schumacher (or think you can more like it), the fact of the matter is a public road is exactly that, for other people in cars, bikes, trucks, etc to use. There is enough on the road to worry about other than some "hero" drifting his car in the wet while his equally stupid boyfriends cheer on.
It only took a few idiots out there to ruin it for the rest of us, i mean it wasn't like no one was warned.
So what you're happy to be a loser to do prove what? Jeez aren't you so intelligent?
Your "rumbling Lawyer talk" and "medical certificates" may only get you so far before you're jailed and covering the costs of wasting us tax payers time and money.
It isn't the car that is the problem but more so the imbecile between the steering wheel and the seat. Yes there are many cars out there that shouldn't be on the road but that's for another topic.
so your answer to this solution is what?

lock them all up?

crush their cars?

wipe them from the gene pool?

i can see ya'll dont mind putting crap on the next person,yet havent come up with a solution?

dont try paint me with the same brush as the comment,i clearly said I wasnt agreeing with him.

my comment was purely a example and if your a smart hoon you dont get caught do you ;)

i got away from the scene and into 4x4's so i DGAFF i can have more fun in one hill climb then they can in a weekends worth of street racing so :

locking ppl up over hooning and putting them into a jail is BS,crushing their cars will only see cases being battled in court by finance companies, banks etc
it'll back log the courts so much it'll be too much and cases will be thrown out because of it,so bring it on.

Last edited by HOON69; 13-11-2007 at 06:40 PM.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #141
billsta

Quote:
ltd Morris (Mohammed) Iemma .
You racist one eyed fcuken dim wit!
Whats Morris got to do with Mohammed?
We were talking about hoons why get religion involved.
That's the problem everyone says their not racist but they put the boot in every chance they get.
Your pathetic!
Old 13-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #142
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Dunno if this has been brought up, but what if the car you are caught hooning in doesent belong to you? Surely they cant crush it then, easy solution, register it in the missus's name.

In all seriousness, I think the rate at which some laws are applied are ridiculous. I live in Kalgoorlie and week in week out people get charged $2000 with no jail time for assault causing bodily harm etc, when they have layed someone out on the pavement and then layed the boot in. Yet if someone is caught street racing -even numerous times- they get their car destroyed, which may be worth tens of thousands.

I think the public wants to see VIOLENT offences focused on, not weak publicity stunts.

We really need to do something about this, get signatures and contact your local member, we live in a democracy and have a right to voice our opposition to laws we feel infringe upon our rights.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #143
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Wish I was, then comments like "let them try to take my car" and "ill slit their throats" might seem humorous, but there not; and if people cant see that crap laws like what is proposed is because of attitudes like that then natural selection is not happening quickly enough.
Correct - comments like that are overboard -

I just think doing a skid in an industrial area in the middle of the night or giving the car a mild mannered squirt are far from the level of atrocity members on here make them to be
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #144
AndyZH

billsta - I wondered where that comment came from too as Morris is a maronite, so referring to Mohammed was a bit strange to start off with.
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #145
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Ill try and sum up a coherant opposing position to this. Some of you arent seeing the scope.

To enshrine policy, you have to show just cause for it. Just cause should be backed with imperical evidence. There is no such evidence. The hype behind the policy insists "hoons" and no doubt P platers are causing chaos on the road, causing death, destruction, rivers turning to blood and so forth.

Theres no hard evidence of this claim. What we see are media reports showing 1% of accidents involving street racing etc, while 99% are ignored. The majority of motor vehicle accidents are attributed to "everyday" drivers, driving stock beige camrys into other "everyday" drivers in beige volvos.

This is backed by hard evidence from all state road transport authorities for those who bother to look. Major cause is almost always "inattention" not "street racing" and certainly not "burnouts". In short, if there is chaos, the majority is being caused by joe average in that stock camry, not Phlegm Daddy P driving the VN on chopped springs.

I will also mention as I have before, lowest road fatalities since the 60's/70's, with almost double the amount of drivers on the road. Where is this epidemic??

In short, major policy should be dictated by sound judgement and evidence, not media reports and hype.

Secondly, we have existing laws for this, and have for years, we should not be reviewing them due to media spin. They should only be reviewed by pressure from the electorate (Thats us by the way). What a concept.

And finally, for those who feel they will never fall foul of this law, consider that everyone who modifies a car, will eventually have a brush with the law, its almost inevitable. Our hobby doesnt have alot of respect from those power, nor in many cases by those who are upholding the law. The delineation between car modifier and hoon does not exist in the eyes of many people from outside our little "society".

When you empower the police with more rights, expect them to be used on you, expect those laws to be reviewed to be even stricter at later dates, expect them never to be repealed. Why? We modify vehicles. We deserve it and we have no political lobby group who gives a damn if we die, aslong as we dont do it on a public road.

All it takes is a loudish exhaust or a touch of wheel spin on a wet road(Easy enough with some of the more high powered cars on this forum), a traffic stop, a quota(And SAPOL have these for traffic stops), a policeman having a bad day, a suspicion, and all of a sudden, many of the laws that you think wont ever apply to you(You arent a hoon or a violent criminal are you?), will be applied to you, for good or bad. Seen it happen.

And in closing, Ruger may threaten to slit the throats of anyone who crushes his car, but realize its a very empty threat. He drives a BMW, he is unlikely to be pulled over as it will be assumed he is either a lawyer, or a sufferer of senial dementia on their way to pick up their pension cheque.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #146
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsta
You racist one eyed fcuken dim wit!
Whats Morris got to do with Mohammed?
We were talking about hoons why get religion involved.
That's the problem everyone says their not racist but they put the boot in every chance they get.
Your pathetic!
10-1 he's a 4x2.
dont worry too much hes a total nazi blockhead,read his previous posts,this same theme comes through more than a few times..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #147
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Im waiting for this thread to be closed.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #148
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
so your answer to this solution is what?

lock them all up?

crush their cars?

wipe them from the gene pool?

i can see ya'll dont mind putting crap on the next person,yet havent come up with a solution?

dont try paint me with the same brush as the comment,i clearly said I wasnt agreeing with him.

my comment was purely a example and if your a smart hoon you dont get caught do you ;)

i got away from the scene and into 4x4's so i DGAFF i can have more fun in one hill climb then they can in a weekends worth of street racing so :

locking ppl up over hooning and putting them into a jail is BS,crushing their cars will only see cases being battled in court by finance companies, banks etc
it'll back log the courts so much it'll be too much and cases will be thrown out because of it,so bring it on.
My answer to the solution? makes no sense isn't that the same thing?

My answer to hooning? First off it would include a very clear and water tight definition of hooning so that everyone knows (my definition doesn't include squealing of tyres or a quicker than usual take off from the lights, more along the lines of purposely doing burnouts on a public road, excessive speeding such as 40km over, purposely drifting the car, etc). Next step would be to outline what will happen if the laws are broken

1st offence = warning/fine/loss of licence (remember it is a privilege not a right)
2nd offence = car taken for 48 hrs
3rd offence = car taken for one month with community service
4th offence = car crushed, any payments owed on the car are to be continued by the owner. Any fees or costs relating to the incident are to be paid by the owner.

I think as a draft people would understand.
However it all depends on the definition of hooning.

Finance companies and insurance companies won't care, the owner will still have to pay for the car.

As I have said before, i have no problems with cars being crushed if it is after many warnings and other punishments, obviously that person hasn't learnt or is just another smacktard.

If wiping certain gene pools out was an option, i'd vote for it ;)

So now are you going to entertain us with your "answer to the solution?" ;)
Old 13-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #149
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
My answer to the solution? makes no sense isn't that the same thing?

My answer to hooning? First off it would include a very clear and water tight definition of hooning so that everyone knows (my definition doesn't include squealing of tyres or a quicker than usual take off from the lights, more along the lines of purposely doing burnouts on a public road, excessive speeding such as 40km over, purposely drifting the car, etc). Next step would be to outline what will happen if the laws are broken

1st offence = warning/fine/loss of licence (remember it is a privilege not a right)
2nd offence = car taken for 48 hrs
3rd offence = car taken for one month with community service
4th offence = car crushed, any payments owed on the car are to be continued by the owner. Any fees or costs relating to the incident are to be paid by the owner.

I think as a draft people would understand.
However it all depends on the definition of hooning.

Finance companies and insurance companies won't care, the owner will still have to pay for the car.

As I have said before, i have no problems with cars being crushed if it is after many warnings and other punishments, obviously that person hasn't learnt or is just another smacktard.

If wiping certain gene pools out was an option, i'd vote for it ;)

So now are you going to entertain us with your "answer to the solution?" ;)

do you actually have a problem with hooning- burn outs, drifts, acceleration?
or do you just hav a problem with repeat offenders???
danieleast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #150
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieleast
do you actually have a problem with hooning- burn outs, drifts, acceleration?
or do you just hav a problem with repeat offenders???
you are kidding me right?

I don't know the exact definition of hooning so i can't comment but I do have a problem with burnouts on public roads, street racing, yes, drifts on suburban streets, yes. Acceleration? No, we wouldn't get far without it ;)

I love motorsports and cars like most people here, but where my opinion changes is, motorsports should be left for areas assigned to it, where supervision and emergency services are provided.

Well I do have a problem with repeat offenders, there is a law, no matter how much you might not like it, it is there for a reason so when people repeatedly break it they should be punished, each time a little more severely until it sinks into their head.

I don't like paying tax so can I not do it because I don't like it? When I get punished for it should i whine and because of it?

Get real!!