Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Craigos
Starter Motor

Default Yo There

Hi to all, another newbie calling through to say hello.

Got an 03 BA Sedan, usual issues, but an ok car I suppose....

If the damn handbrake wasn't such a pain I would rate it higher....

Cheers

Craigos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Yo There

Hey mate and welcome, yep the BA, what can I say. I'm in the same boat, hand brake, front discs warping, headlights blowing, roof lining falling in, door lock actuators, drivers door window regulator (twice), radiator by pass for tranny, heater (dash out job), and the list goes on.
Good motor though, very reliable.
Old 23-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
Craigos
Starter Motor

Yeah, if they made the car out of the same stuff the engine is made out of, then, all would be good......

Biggest issue is the stalling issue when just cruising along.....

I have found a thread on here about the reset procedure for both the ECU and the TPS. I did that two nights ago, and, the car hasn't gone so well. Really pulls like a train, at the moment.
If it does the stall again, i will replace the TPS. It currently has the original OEM version with the depression in the housing.

Does anyone else have that annoying "ticking" sound in the interior fan ?
It improved when i cleaned the intake filter screen, but, i dunno, it must be a male thing, cause the wife and daughter cant hear it, but i and any other guys in the car can....
Old 23-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could be a leaf in the fan..will go away as the leaf dries and fan chops it up..seriously!!
Old 23-01-2014, 01:03 AM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Hey mate and welcome, yep the BA, what can I say. I'm in the same boat, hand brake, front discs warping, headlights blowing, roof lining falling in, door lock actuators, drivers door window regulator (twice), radiator by pass for tranny, heater (dash out job), and the list goes on.
Good motor though, very reliable.
i've had none of those problems

you got a dud
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
Craigos
Starter Motor

I suspected the leaf thing, but I think it more related to the motor, or the bearings.... Have blown the whole thing out with compressed air, spun the fan back and forward by hand....but the only time you hear the tick is when it is operating.
Just have to put up with it....

Old 23-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #7
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

take the fan out and lube the lower bush, normally makes a squiking noise though.
3 phillips head screws, get your head right under the glove box and you will see them.
whole fan assembly comes out.
then just pull it apart on the work bench and clean all parts, lube the lower motor bush some good oil will do it.
probably about an hours job.
if you do a search there is a write up here with pics.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #8
Craigos
Starter Motor

Cheers for that.... I looked at the fan box and thought screw that.... But if you reckon it's an easy out....then I will have a go....will look for the thread pics too.
Thanks again....
Old 23-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #9
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Do what I did.....traded it in and bought a turbo
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: