Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-01-2024, 10:31 AM   #1
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tyres Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Only problem I find with the RE003,s is there is less tread on the outside which has grooves that run 90 degrees to the usual tread direction to drain water in the wet (good grip in the wet ) .....if you give it Sh!t around corners they tend to wear the outside edge off

But much better value than Michelin IMO , they're actually a wider tyre than some brands too if you run a tape over them size for size.....Kumho etc
Go & watch ‘Tyre Reviews’(YT). Certainly not ‘better value’ than Michelin,Goodyear Eagle asymmetric 6 is another their brilliant tyre.Goodyear are now manufacturing some brilliant tyres.Continental also.Three of the best tyres around.

Last edited by hackney; 18-01-2024 at 10:36 AM.
hackney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2024, 11:13 AM   #2
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tyres Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
Go & watch ‘Tyre Reviews’(YT). Certainly not ‘better value’ than Michelin,Goodyear Eagle asymmetric 6 is another their brilliant tyre.Goodyear are now manufacturing some brilliant tyres.Continental also.Three of the best tyres around.
Michelin are really expensive over here , I take a lot of these Tyre reviews as just a guide, and would rather trust real world experience but I do agree the Goodyear eagles are a great Tyre, as for Continental not sure about car tyres but I've just taken a set of super single steer tyres that came on a MAN 640 brand new 77k worn out , Goodyear and Bridgestone 120k .....big difference and my own real world experience

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: