Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Police event question (NSW)

Hi all
Got a very general question re making a statement to police around a traffic event (this is not about me nor is it an anti police post).

So it goes line the line of: Police make a phone inquiry about an event (I think that is the term the guy I'm chating with used). They talked and now the police are going to send around a constable to have a chat.

Now can anyone tell me what would happen and what could be asked etc.
Anyone had this experience?

UK

How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They will most likely be going to ask the same or similar questions to what was asked on the phone, probably with another officer present, and may even use it as a statement

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I didnt understand the post for a second there...I thought they were after an "Event" to attend as in ...."Have you tried a Blue light disco Constable..."

If you have had a phone call then I would say someone has observed said Event and reported it.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thnaks guys.
If they come and take a statement, what does that mean?
(You can see I don't watch any Aussie cop shows on TV)

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An "event" sounds like to me someone has made a driving complaint about someone and the Police want to talk to you about it and see what you know about it.
If you're a witness they'll ask for a statement to charge the offender just to back up the complaint they received.
Your post is very general and a bit hard to understand so I think I've read it right.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Thanks Jaydee. It is general but I don't have much experience in such matters

Re your point on "statement to charge the offender just to back up" this sounds like what my chat has been about. The guy I know doesn't know who the 'offender' might be.

Uk
Old 11-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #7
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your friends got nothing to hide then there's no reason not to talk to them. Just get him to ask that his details be kept confidential, which they do as a matter of course but it doesn't hurt to reitterate the point.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Yeah I have heard the less you say the better.
Thanks guys (and gals)

UK
Old 11-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
Thanks Jaydee. It is general but I don't have much experience in such matters

Re your point on "statement to charge the offender just to back up" this sounds like what my chat has been about. The guy I know doesn't know who the 'offender' might be.

Uk
Let's hope it's not you!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #10
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

ROFL I think it was a guy in a Terry Ghia with lots of mods

UK
Old 11-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

I'd say the event in question is being challenged by a person involved, or an insurer. Event numbers are only listed so insurers can have a point of reference when doing their side of things - cops dont really concern themselves with them otherwise.

If they want to hear it in person then chances are it will be used in some way, shape or form as evidence given by the person in regards to the incident.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #12
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Ahhhh.. insurance... Thanks b2tf
UK
(If I ever get my tank upgrade I'll let you know)
Old 13-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #13
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So any update UK, what happened?
Old 13-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #14
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

No update yet... mates waiting... sometime this week he thinks
UK
Old 13-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

I take it that the police will be coming around to take a statement or that is their intention, about what was said over the telephone. It's a little hard to explain when the original question is a tad general.
Old 13-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #16
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I've been in the situation where I was contacted over the phone regarding an incident that they were investigating. If they have commented that they will be in touch in person at a later point in time, then, I don't think that disclosing information regarding the incident on an online forum such as AFF is a good idea.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #17
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
I've been in the situation where I was contacted over the phone regarding an incident that they were investigating. If they have commented that they will be in touch in person at a later point in time, then, I don't think that disclosing information regarding the incident on an online forum such as AFF is a good idea.
If you want to close the thread thats OK by me.
It was just general question.
Don't want to make waves.

UK
Old 14-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #18
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont admit anything, but dont deny anything either.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
3vXT

I'd just lock the door and hide in the bathtub or yell at them until they go away.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #20
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
I'd just lock the door and hide in the bathtub or yell at them until they go away.
That's funny, An old mate done that but they just smashed a glass sliding door, hit him with battens, hand cuffed him and then kicked his legs out from under and laughed when he landed on his face.

He fought the law and the law won, just like the song.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #21
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Doesn't work...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post