Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
ed ant

Default sport muffler that sounds good

hi guys i need a sport muffler for my ed that sounds good i have a 2 inch system my rear box is leaking do u have any ideas. :gren:

ed ant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
-jjM-
Banned

redback or lukey sporst exhaust 2.5 are good, i recommend a Hotdog resignator

as for the leaking get some sticky tape or something, na if its leaked its F3d
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
underthunder
They were already there..

I have a Lukey 2.5" on my EA and it sounds great
Old 03-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
frd_crzer
:D:D

get a cat back 2.5" with straight through muffler this is a nice sounding exhaust
Old 03-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Jasinex
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is mine .. 2.5" straight through.. with high flow cat and mercury muffler... sounds awesome..

audio on the digi cam is ***.. it adjust itself and sounds better as the vid goes allong towards the end

jasinex

now with fast parts added...

Stage 1: Buy car. with money.

Stage 2: Put in Wade Custom Cam, Crow Double Valve springs, High Flow Head, 3.23 LSD, 2.5" mandrell bent with Mercury muffler and custom made CAT, iridium plugs, nolothane bushes, Koni suspension, CAI.. NOW WITH MPFI....OHHH YEAHHH!!

Stage 3: More engine mods.. and a fresh new look... can't wait.. :eclipsee_ : :Reverend:

15.43 @ 89 mph - Willowbank Raceway 07/03/2007
Jasinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
frd_crzer

sounds nice but ur car is running rich
Old 03-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
tabletennisman

Here's mine. Redback 2.5" catback, with a turbo muffler and no res...Wish it was louder but oh well. Has a nice sweetspot at around 3000rpm.

If oil spits out the exhaust, does it mean the car is running rich? Cos mine does that. Would this also contribute to bad fuel economy, as i'm currently getting around 20L/100kms!!! :
tabletennisman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
frd_crzer

if it blows plack smoke your car is running rich 20l/ 100km that is bad man your car is bad at fuel economy well you tend to burn more fuel with a bigger exhaust
Old 03-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #9
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd_crzer
if it blows plack smoke your car is running rich 20l/ 100km that is bad man your car is bad at fuel economy well you tend to burn more fuel with a bigger exhaust

Not so, a stock motor with a 2.5 inch zorst, with or without extractors will generally improve its economy considerably, assuming of course the engine is healthy in the first place.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
eb_razy
Modified Ford Club.org

when i put my new lukey 2.5" 1 muffler exhaust on my eb my fuel consumption went up form around 8.6 to around 9.2 on the highway.

-DECEASED-1993 EB II Fairmont - Lastest - 1994 ef xr6 - 5 speed manaul - PDW 5 spoke 17s - genie 6>2>1 extractors - straight through exhaust - More to come
eb_razy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #11
Jasinex
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea my timing is advanced to keep up with under the hod.. so its rich atm.. its as far as i can go without a chip...

my trip com shows about 14.5 L/100k ... so its not too bad..

i might change the oxy-sensor and back the timing off a tad...i think it pings at about 140kph @ 4500 rpm... at willowbank of course

jasinex

now with fast parts added...

Stage 1: Buy car. with money.

Stage 2: Put in Wade Custom Cam, Crow Double Valve springs, High Flow Head, 3.23 LSD, 2.5" mandrell bent with Mercury muffler and custom made CAT, iridium plugs, nolothane bushes, Koni suspension, CAI.. NOW WITH MPFI....OHHH YEAHHH!!

Stage 3: More engine mods.. and a fresh new look... can't wait.. :eclipsee_ : :Reverend:

15.43 @ 89 mph - Willowbank Raceway 07/03/2007
Jasinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #12
AUTickford
XD197

Yep lukey is the go with a mandrel bent rear section,thats what i have on my eb v8,au v8 also. all up it was about 200-220 fitted with a lukey muffler.My fuel economy got better slightly it sits at about 15.7-15.9 with stop start city driving and the motor has done 300000
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #13
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive got a Supercat stainless muffler with a Redback straight through rear section. Sounds great although not as loud as i was expecting down low in the rev range but from 2500rpm onwards ts sounds tough. My fuel economy also slightly improved after getting the 2.5" catback system fitted.

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post